Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

let's start a derail of a contest about who has the most boxes in their basement full of poo poo they probably don't even own anymore, in case they ever need to resell/return it

I might win the contest :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Tatsuta Age posted:

let's start a derail of a contest about who has the most boxes in their basement full of poo poo they probably don't even own anymore, in case they ever need to resell/return it

You have no idea how many boxes live in my basement.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Tatsuta Age posted:

I used to keep them all and I did resell and trade stuff. I haven't done that in years tho and I still hang onto boxes for stuff worth over a few hundred dollars... I really shouldn't though. They just take up space.

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Is calling church to check stock level on a TV a thing?

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Trip report, vacuum swap was a breeze. They even offered to let me buy a new one and swap the vacuums out for a return since I bought it on sale and there was a $90 price difference. Opted to go for a cheaper model and save even more though. PBUC

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Pilfered Pallbearers posted:

i don't think it's that bad of an idea? if it's something that is getting released like, day of when you want to purchase it, make sure to confirm if it's actually on the shelves or not. i called once for a monitor, they said yup we've got it! drove all the way out there... sure enough they've got it but it's still in the back and not ready for purchase yet :negative:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
I'm calling the real actual police on the fraudsters in this holy thread. There's no excuse for vacuum felony and putting it in a box with a different serial number is a serious, totally real crime. I'm disgusted.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Soul Dentist posted:

I'm calling the real actual police on the fraudsters in this holy thread. There's no excuse for vacuum felony and putting it in a box with a different serial number is a serious, totally real crime. I'm disgusted.

lol

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Johnny Truant posted:

Please name the "exotic" foods

The one I used to go to it was easier to find vegan burgers, cauliflower crust pizza, etc than it was to find chicken strips or regular thin crust.

It was in the most incredibly bougie part of town so that might explain it. Now my closest one is somewhere else, but still very far away.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

As long as you have the item number they can look it up over the phone ez

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

Sams Club can suck my balls. :hai:

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Club Sams can balls my suck

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I don't feel safe walking into a Sam's Club. Costco is better.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Tatsuta Age posted:

I have 8 to 10 of those black/yellow lid costco storage containers in my garage.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Craptacular! posted:

The one I used to go to it was easier to find vegan burgers, cauliflower crust pizza, etc than it was to find chicken strips or regular thin crust.

It was in the most incredibly bougie part of town so that might explain it. Now my closest one is somewhere else, but still very far away.

My costco had the delicious Alpha CRISPY CHIK'N PATTIES for a like a week, then never again.

The cauliflower crust pizza is always in stock, although the crust is mostly rice flour and not cauliflower :(

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Fozzy The Bear posted:

The cauliflower crust pizza is always in stock, although the crust is mostly rice flour and not cauliflower :(

I mean, thats what makes it good lol. You don't get that kind of light crispy crust with regular flour

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Just left church with strawberries, cherries, honey crisp, blueberries.

+ a LG C1 65” and a sound bar.

dms666
Oct 17, 2005

It's Playoff Beard Time! Go Pens!

Enos Cabell posted:

They are really good, but there are too many in a package for my wife and I to get even halfway through before they go bad. The sad reality of a lot of Costco purchases. :smith:

I miss the 200 packs of these the Costco I used to live near had. Definitely freeze them. You can easily pop off how many you need with a butter knife then put them back in the freezer.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Fozzy The Bear posted:

I have 8 to 10 of those black/yellow lid costco storage containers in my garage.

Those are SO HARD to open!
Great price, great stacking tho

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
the main flaw of those black/yellow stacker bins is that the lids are fragile dogshit that crack if you look at them wrong

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Okay I got a nutribullet, hit me with your favourite Costco smoothie recipes STAT

Also a nice dude recommended the Vitamix when we were right in front of them, then commented on the nutribullet in our cart when we passed him in the store like 15 minutes later lol

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Just need to say that I think I need to stop buying the giant bags of Costco pistachios... They are just too good and I can't stop eating them

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Picked up the outdoor screen room when the price dropped from 199 to 149, woo. Outdoor bug free board gaming here I come!

God this weighs 50lb. Definitely a car camping only purchase.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Johnny Truant posted:

Okay I got a nutribullet, hit me with your favourite Costco smoothie recipes STAT
1 banana, handfull strawberries, Oat Milk, Ice, PB Powder, scoop of Vanilly Protein.

On the more savory side:
Kale, OJ, slice or two of those preboiled beets, Pineapple Juice, baby spinach

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Just left church with strawberries, cherries, honey crisp, blueberries.

+ a LG C1 65” and a sound bar.

I still haven't set up my TV due to recovering from COVID but fun story. When Costco's delivery company came by the house to drop off the TV, they accidentally gave me an 83" LG C2 :dogstare: and had to be called back to give me the right TV

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Devor posted:

When you buy a thing, and then put a different thing in the box, then return it, that's fraud. In the extreme, someone might do that with a product that is outside of its return window.

What possible world would you bring an item to a company, they say "Uh, no, I need a box" and then you go haul one out of their inventory to make them happy.

If they were going to accept it without a box (like Costco) then you're fine, and if they weren't going to accept it without the box, swapping it out is fraud.

Jfc, thank god I only encounter people like you on the internet, I don't know what I'd do if someone I knew in real life was this much of a corporate whore loser

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

pnumoman posted:

Jfc, thank god I only encounter people like you on the internet, I don't know what I'd do if someone I knew in real life was this much of a corporate whore loser

Everyone can do a little bit of retail fraud, as a treat

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

FilthyImp posted:

1 banana, handfull strawberries, Oat Milk, Ice, PB Powder, scoop of Vanilly Protein.

On the more savory side:
Kale, OJ, slice or two of those preboiled beets, Pineapple Juice, baby spinach

:hai: that beet one I bet my partner will love, hell yeah

Is that vanilly protein stuff sold at Costco, as well? Since I'm veggie by proxy because of my partner I always do need a little bit more protein

Also, got my Costco rebate check for the second time now, after losing the first :toot: how do I... use it? Should I just go to the customer service desk before shopping? Or is it just scannable at checkout

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Devor posted:

Yeah, why the gently caress not, it's big box retail. Oh noes, our society will collapse the second the little guy fucks with a huge corp, never mind how they bend us over backwards all the time and we have no recourse.

gently caress off, morals loser. Be sanctimonious elsewhere

Pilfered Pallbearers
Aug 2, 2007

Devor posted:

Thread title Costco: Everyone can do a little bit of retail fraud, as a treat

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

pnumoman posted:

Yeah, why the gently caress not, it's big box retail. Oh noes, our society will collapse the second the little guy fucks with a huge corp, never mind how they bend us over backwards all the time and we have no recourse.

gently caress off, morals loser. Be sanctimonious elsewhere

This was not a "Should I care if I scam a company" question, it was a "What are the logistics of doing a return" question. I think it's very helpful to point out to someone that they are doing a thing that a company might not like - it arms them with information about how to communicate about the return.

If you want to box swap your grill, more power to you, but a guy asking a sincere question in the Costco thread apparently does need the help understanding that it's not a benefit to the company to turn one opened item into two opened items.

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Devor posted:

This was not a "Should I care if I scam a company" question, it was a "What are the logistics of doing a return" question. I think it's very helpful to point out to someone that they are doing a thing that a company might not like - it arms them with information about how to communicate about the return.

If you want to box swap your grill, more power to you, but a guy asking a sincere question in the Costco thread apparently does need the help understanding that it's not a benefit to the company to turn one opened item into two opened items.

Nah, you're just a sanctimonious prick.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

pnumoman posted:

with free refill

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Johnny Truant posted:

:hai: that beet one I bet my partner will love, hell yeah

Is that vanilly protein stuff sold at Costco, as well? Since I'm veggie by proxy because of my partner I always do need a little bit more protein

Yeah, they generally have both whey protein (Optimum) and vegan protein (Orgain) at solid regular prices and occasional good sales.

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

jisforjosh posted:

I still haven't set up my TV due to recovering from COVID but fun story. When Costco's delivery company came by the house to drop off the TV, they accidentally gave me an 83" LG C2 :dogstare: and had to be called back to give me the right TV

Why didn't you keep the 83"? Do you not like the gifts your god bestows upon thee?

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Bumble Dong posted:

Why didn't you keep the 83"? Do you not like the gifts your god bestows upon thee?

1. I don't have a spot in the house that it would fit.
2. I'm sure they would charge me the $3500~ difference

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

pnumoman posted:

You're more insufferable than the guy you're yelling at, hth

Lumbermouth posted:

Yeah, they generally have both whey protein (Optimum) and vegan protein (Orgain) at solid regular prices and occasional good sales.

Oh yeah I remember somebody mentioning watching out for sales on those, I'll have to keep an eye out. Thanks!

FishBowlRobot posted:

Here’s my go to, amounts given are estimates:

Almond milk
1 or 2 Tablespoons of greek yogurt
1 or 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter
1 scoop of chocolate whey protein
1/2 to 1 tsp (?) of turmeric
Few shakes of ginger powder (they don’t have this at my Costco)
1/4 Cup quick oats
1/4-1/2 Cup frozen mixed berries. I mix in banana slices if I have them.
Edited this in for easy finding later, thanks! How much flavour does the turmeric add though? Don't think I've seen that in a smoothie before

Johnny Truant fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Jul 6, 2022

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Johnny Truant posted:

Also a nice dude recommended the Vitamix when we were right in front of them, then commented on the nutribullet in our cart when we passed him in the store like 15 minutes later lol

Here’s my go to, amounts given are estimates:

Almond milk
1 or 2 Tablespoons of greek yogurt
1 or 2 Tablespoons of peanut butter
1 scoop of chocolate whey protein
1/2 to 1 tsp (?) of turmeric
Few shakes of ginger powder (they don’t have this at my Costco)
1/4 Cup quick oats
1/4-1/2 Cup frozen mixed berries. I mix in banana slices if I have them.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Costco is about love, so knock off the hate!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Johnny Truant posted:

You're more insufferable than the guy you're yelling at, hth

Oh yeah I remember somebody mentioning watching out for sales on those, I'll have to keep an eye out. Thanks!

Edited this in for easy finding later, thanks! How much flavour does the turmeric add though? Don't think I've seen that in a smoothie before

At less than one tsp, its basically just food coloring. Unless you are some super-taster, you will never be able to tell its there except the color.

Fun fact, Pringles uses turmeric on their cheese chips instead of food dye.