Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
Uh... Is editing for that reason kosher? I did get to see the post before you edited it, so I know you're being honest, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

quote:

Do not edit your posts. There is a big reason for that: mafia games rely on reading the other players’ intentions, including those things they didn’t necessarily intend to post in the first time, but slipped through. Usual way to correct mistakes in a post is with a mafia edit: quote your own post, and note the correction underneath, or correct the quote, so everyone knows what you meant to say in the first place.
It probably isn't, sorry.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Generally there's a blanket rule against editing your post. If there's a mistake, just make a new post afterwards correcting it. (We like to call those mafia edits)

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

since this is your first game it's probably not a big deal but just know for the future!

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

Caffeinated Jerkoff posted:

I just read back through the thread from the start of Day 2 looking at every mention of Plastic, and the case against them.

Suspicion against Plastic started with HCT pointing out that Plastic's missing Day 1 effortpost is suspicious. wologar followed up with the assertion that Plastic's role must be important. As the thread moves on, several other people voice suspicion of Plastic, largely either due to Plastic's inactivity or the missing Day 1 effortpost. wologar only begins to back down after suspicion is turned on them, based on their primary reasoning for voting Plastic.

From what I can tell, the case against Plastic is:
1. He promised an effortpost D1 and forgot to post
2. He hasn't been posting much/hasn't been helping town
3. His role must be important because the game couldn't start without it

I'd argue that's a bad case. The first point is a mistake, not malice. Plastic has actively tried to remedy the second point, by arguing that there must be at least one scum who didn't vote D1, and trying to narrow down who that is. And as far as I can tell, wologar is the only person who believes the third point.

I was suspicious of wologar as of my list post. I got less suspicious of wologar when they posted their list, because their takes seemed to agree with my own. But looking at the history of mentions of Plastic from D2 onward, wologar starts to look strange. Everything wologar has posted from this post onward really hasn't helped. They got frustrated that Green Wing backed off, then when heat started to direct at them, they questioned their own case and backed off. I think the frustration post might indicate that wologar's scum. Instead of asking themselves why Green Wing backed off, they lashed out and implied that they thought Green Wing was scum.

##vote wologar

While I'm sticking my neck out with an accusation... This vote is a bus:

Oops, I accidentally omitted the most recent point in the case against Plastic: Plastic's soft role claim.

These two posts form his explanation:

PlasticAutomaton posted:

Oh yeah, it's quite simple. If I'm about to get voted out, then there's really no harm in outing what I am to give town maximum information. Worst case scenario, I still get voted out and town can be pointed right at the ones pushing me. Best case scenario, scum is forced to burn a bullet on me. It's doubly a good idea in this case since wologar's been arguing "he has to have an important role or is scum," and that's been basically the only reason stated to vote me.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

The whole crux of the argument involved roles, so I figured I'd be open and pledge to claim if needed. It's not even saying I actually HAVE a role, I could just be loving with scum after all. :devil: But I'll be stepping out for errands and be around before deadline, so offer's on the table if people are still concerned.

I was suspicious of the soft role claim, but his explanation seems fine, particularly since the soft claim was "I might have a role" and not "I have x info because reasons"

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
Please don't edit your posts. If it is important, misgendering or other such issue, tell the mods first. We're cool with that, but we need to check.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

it does seem like theres something up with wologar but is doubling and tripling down like this really something scum would do? if they were scum and really wanted plastic automaton gone so badly they could just go for a nightkill. im sure itd raise suspicion towards them but not any more than is happening right now

maybe theres some wacky role stuff going on here. what if theyre a cop? they initially wanted to vote out plastic because he could be a threat as mafia, and if they were a cop, itd follow that line of reasoning to investigate plastic first

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

cuntman.net posted:

it does seem like theres something up with wologar but is doubling and tripling down like this really something scum would do? if they were scum and really wanted plastic automaton gone so badly they could just go for a nightkill. im sure itd raise suspicion towards them but not any more than is happening right now

maybe theres some wacky role stuff going on here. what if theyre a cop? they initially wanted to vote out plastic because he could be a threat as mafia, and if they were a cop, itd follow that line of reasoning to investigate plastic first

If wologar is a cop, they should probably claim now because the wind is certainly blowing in the direction of voting them. I'm finding CJ's recent post very convincing (apart from asserting that Cloaca is definitely bussing which I'm uncertain of)

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

cuntman.net posted:

wologar isn't double and tripling down, they've retracted their vote and are speculating about what would happen if all of their suspicions were wrong, and what would happen if they and/or Plastic got voted out

"what if wologar is a cop" feels like grasping at straws. If they want to claim it, they can do that

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

wologar (4): PlasticAutomaton, NeverHelm, Cloacamazing!, Caffeinated Jerkoff
PlasticAutomaton (2): Hyper Crab Tank, wologar, Green Wing, Green Wing, Green Wing, wologar
Bucnasti (0): Green Wing, Green Wing
Green Wing (0): Bucnasti, Bucnasti
Cloacamazing! (0): Green Wing, Green Wing

Not Voting (5): Bucnasti, cuntman.net, Jadecore, LupusAter, wologar

With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 05th, 2022 at 5 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 hour, 58 minutes.

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

Green Wing posted:

(apart from asserting that Cloaca is definitely bussing which I'm uncertain of)

That's fair. The accusation was intentionally a little inflammatory, because she voted with minimal reasoning and I wanted to see if I could get her to respond. Seeing her reasoning, I regret making the assertion so aggressively. Her take on the wologar vote is reasonable and something no one had pointed out yet.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

wologar isn't double and tripling down, they've retracted their vote and are speculating about what would happen if all of their suspicions were wrong, and what would happen if they and/or Plastic got voted out

"what if wologar is a cop" feels like grasping at straws. If they want to claim it, they can do that

That kind of makes them more suspicious to me. Wologar was one of the first people to go after Plastic when it looked like he was going to be the next one to be voted out. Now a lot of people have changed their votes (well, mostly Green Wing, since the rest of you people refuse to actually vote), so they're removing their votes.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Also, is it just me or are some people allergic to pinning down their votes? Jadecore especially, you've been speculating and suspecting people the entire day, but never actually voted. You, Lupus Ater and cuntman.net are the only ones who haven't voted at any point in this day, and I'm not entirely sure those two are even still around.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

That's fair. The accusation was intentionally a little inflammatory, because she voted with minimal reasoning and I wanted to see if I could get her to respond. Seeing her reasoning, I regret making the assertion so aggressively. Her take on the wologar vote is reasonable and something no one had pointed out yet.

No worries, I needed that wakeup call.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i think now that ive put out that theory i should at least see if wologar is going to claim before voting. i'll vote for wologar if it looks like the day is going to end without anyone getting voted out

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Cloacamazing! posted:

Also, is it just me or are some people allergic to pinning down their votes? Jadecore especially, you've been speculating and suspecting people the entire day, but never actually voted. You, Lupus Ater and cuntman.net are the only ones who haven't voted at any point in this day, and I'm not entirely sure those two are even still around.

For real. Those three are starting to give me the vibes, but it's far too late in the day to do anything about it. I'm curious as to whether any of them are around and feel strongly enough about the vote to say anything. Like, 3 is a big block.

One thing I do want to say before nightfall is the amount of people who have declared they're getting a townie read from me is making me anxious, but I think I've established myself as the resident paranoid.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Green Wing posted:

For real. Those three are starting to give me the vibes, but it's far too late in the day to do anything about it. I'm curious as to whether any of them are around and feel strongly enough about the vote to say anything. Like, 3 is a big block.

One thing I do want to say before nightfall is the amount of people who have declared they're getting a townie read from me is making me anxious, but I think I've established myself as the resident paranoid.

It's the avatar. You look very trustworthy.

(In all seriousness, I'll admit that I'm getting a townie read from you too despite my day 1 suspicions.)

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.

Cloacamazing! posted:

Votes are very concrete when my suspicions explicitly aren’t, so I haven’t really been cementing anything. (Plus I’m on mobile all day today.) That being said, we’re getting pretty drat close to the deadline and nobody’s within one of a hammer,, so I should put one in.

Y’know, I brought up the possibility of voting Wologar day 1 due to them being the first one to propose voting for someone with minimal evidence. Obviously things have moved past that and we’re in a day with more data in addition to me getting shown why a day 1 flip is actually a good idea, so I gave up on that because my only reason for suspicion was gone. I didn’t even have wolo as one of my top scum guesses. That being said, this recent stuff has been mondo erratic and kinda desperate. I hope this really isn’t an introduction to third party roles with Jester gameplay, but I’ll also ##vote wologar.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

hey wologar are you planning to make a post revealing some hidden special reason why we shouldn't vote you, or shall we just go ahead?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i'll vote at 4pm edt if wologar doesnt say anything unless someone beats me to it

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I intend to wait as long as possible to vote this time, and I'm still torn between Wologar and Plastic. But I do think it's one or the other and not likely to be both.

Looking at Wologors posts it seems they only do two things. Accuse Plastic, or make jokes (some of which are also accusing Plastic).

I still think it's suspicious that Plasticautomoton wasn't targeted by the scum on night 1, but maybe that can be explained by the scum wanting us to remain suspicious of them.

LupusAter still gives me the strongest scum vibes, but nobody else seems to want to pursue voting for them.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

ok well even if wologars a cop we'll find out after this anyway also acab ##vote wologar

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: wologar was actually town, I can't believe you all.

Votecount for Day 2
With 11 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 05th, 2022 at 5 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 58 minutes.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
A jealousy issue? Could it be? Upper Paddle wasn't the most talkative of characters, but there was someone they loved apart from Lower Paddle. Even though they had a rocky relationship, the Paddles would be nothing without Ball. And so... what else to think, but that another, different ball was in on their disappearance?

Wologar wasn't the most talkative of the townies, but they were always around. A nice one - some wouldn't believe it, but they all ended up convinced. They had never been in the spotlight, always content with being part of an obscure game few remembered. But who was to think they hadn't seized the opportunity to take down one of their most direct opponents? To become a real first-line player, for once in their lives?

After bouncing them off, and turning all their platforms upside down, however, no evidence was found.

Something even more upsetting was reported, though. The first people to arrive to Mr. Pacman's house found him in tears - Blue Ghost was missing, too!

Wologar, Town-aligned Vanilla, was eliminated Day 2.

-----

quote:

You are Bumpy! You are a ball. You bounce around. It's an easy life, all things said, isn't it? You'll help town, probably... as long as there are platforms involved, you can't be beaten!

You are a Town-aligned Vanilla! You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

You have no powers but your vote.

-----

It is now Night 2. 24h for night actions!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

After all the excitation last day died out, search parties were arranged to look for Blue Ghost. The search did turn up nothing, but nobody else went missing - the event seemed to finally have brought everyone together.

Nobody was eliminated Night 2.

-----

It is now Day 3.

-----

LupusAter failed to meet post lurker limits for two days. This means they are now a free execution - a parallel vote will be held, separate from today's normal vote. This vote will need to be formatted as ##eliminate LupusAter, so as to not confuse the Votefinder bot. Votes for elimination can also be retracted with ##retract.

Majority limit is the same as for the normal vote. If, at any point, a majority is reached on them, they will instantly flip, and the day will continue as normal. If this vote does not reach a majority before the normal End of Day or hammer (whichever happens first), they'll be saved, and will need to meet the lurker limit today. In doing so, they will be safe tomorrow.

Shellception fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 6, 2022

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
##vote PlasticAutomaton. I keep my promises.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

PlasticAutomaton (1): NeverHelm

Not Voting (9): Bucnasti, Caffeinated Jerkoff, Cloacamazing!, cuntman.net, Green Wing, Hyper Crab Tank, Jadecore, LupusAter, PlasticAutomaton

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 08th, 2022 at 5 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 1 hour.

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Also: No nightkill! Nice. We really needed some good news considering how the votes have been going so far.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

First of all, ##eliminate LupusAter.

Sorry - I'm OK with this based on his posting, which has been wishy-washy and best, and I think we ought to take the opportunity of a kill that doesn't end the day (thus allowing for same-day analysis).

More substantial post in a bit, just wanted to state clear intent on that matter first and foremost.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Mafia edit: *at* best

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
No elimination? I can't imagine mafia would intentionally fail to night-kill, so this confirms we have some kind of protective role in our midst. That person should probably still keep quiet about it, though.

Okay, gently caress. Wologar was town. And to be honest, I kinda feel like the way the thread flipped to him at the end there was a little weird and maybe a bit too fast. Unfortunately all the people who voted for him besides Plastic and maybe cuntman are people I had pegged as neutral-to-slightly-town, so clearly I need to recalibrate my loving scumdar.

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

Shellception posted:

After all the excitation last day died out, search parties were arranged to look for Blue Ghost. The search did turn up nothing, but nobody else went missing - the event seemed to finally have brought everyone together.

Nobody was eliminated Night 2.

I guess there are more complicated roles in play than we expected. Good job, whoever stopped the mafia!

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Also, yeah, I've had my eye on LupusAter for a while now so ##eliminate LupusAter sounds like a worthwhile idea to me.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
So no nightkill, what exactly could that mean other than a successful defensive role?
Is there any reason the scum would choose not to kill someone?

I'm in favor or eliminating lupusater, I've suspected they were scum for a long time, but I don't want to vote for it until I have a better idea if it's actually a good move. If they're scum then huzzah! but if they're not, is it better to have an inactive townie or one less townie?

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Green Wing posted:

First of all, ##eliminate LupusAter.

Sorry - I'm OK with this based on his posting, which has been wishy-washy and best, and I think we ought to take the opportunity of a kill that doesn't end the day (thus allowing for same-day analysis).

More substantial post in a bit, just wanted to state clear intent on that matter first and foremost.

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Also, yeah, I've had my eye on LupusAter for a while now so ##eliminate LupusAter sounds like a worthwhile idea to me.

Echoing this, by the way. Lupus soft-defended Plastic earlier, voted MSRR day one and hasn't been very helpful to town otherwise. ##eliminate LupusAter.

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

Bucnasti posted:

So no nightkill, what exactly could that mean other than a successful defensive role?

I'm in favor or eliminating lupusater, I've suspected they were scum for a long time, but I don't want to vote for it until I have a better idea if it's actually a good move. If they're scum then huzzah! but if they're not, is it better to have an inactive townie or one less townie?

There are roles that can sort of cancel another player's role action. So either we have a town protective role, or a town-aligned role blocker, I think?

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

My posts are also going to be shorter because my motherboard has broken, it's phoneposting all the way now. This is probably for the best.

Wologar's posting did get weird and suspicious towards the end so honestly I'm not too surprised people went along with it. I was ready to do so, despite staying in Plastic. I do think there's scum in those votes, trying to pick out who.

On the lupus elimination - it's kind of rough but lurkers in the game help nobody tbh. Can't read him.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Bucnasti posted:

I think I saw something on the wiki about a role called an Arsonist or something like that which sets up delayed nightkills. But my gut feeling says some kind of protective or restricting type role is more likely.

Bucnasti posted:

You're not wrong - an inactive townie is better than a dead one. Maybe it's worth waiting for LupusAter to return to the thread first, at least... okay, you've convinced me, even though I just voted, ##retract for now. I will vote again if we don't hear from LupusAter before tomorrow morning my time though.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.
Yeah, I wasn’t gonna start speculating about all the wonderful roles scum might be targeting, but if we were going to have any special roles I figured there’d probably be some sort of doctor or other kill blocker. Congrats on a successful maneuver, anonymous hero!

Can we all agree to not start shaking up our behavior significantly to be more dramatic and self sacrificing master plan-y if suspicions start falling significantly on us, by the way? Because that seems to be what effectively sunk both MSRR and Wologar, and both were, y’know, town.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

The reasons from the last day haven't changed from last day and the more I look at their posts as a while, I strongly believe I see signs of what I'll call Weathervaning along with cases. If I'm correct in this, this would also make Plastic town.

I think I have an idea of who the whole scum team might be, but - Bucnasti was one of my two scum reads yesterday, and on further analysis still remains so due to weathervane activity. I, once again, ##vote Bucnasti