Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

Bucnasti posted:

If Green Wing is scum, then bravo, you deserve to win this game.
If Green Wing isn't scum then good job losing it for town.

:(

Like I don't know how else I can say that I get a scum read from this and other similar "if you're town you're terrible" comments again because, like - it's an odd thing to say, and I think it's said because obviously you know I'm town.

I know nobody is buying this so it isn't going to go anywhere but - hell, I'm still getting that read. I think we're being played like fiddles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Would be real nice to hear more from plastic or lupus today anyway. I was more than willing to vote plastic yesterday and was willing to do so today until the night no-kill but, eh, I've heard enough alternative theories on why that could be to say sure, why the geek not, I'm willing to switch my vote, some of those sound plausible (yes, this is me saying that the reason for my theory on plastic is *not* because I have a protective type).

But like, not yet, we haven't even heard from him today.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Green Wing posted:

Would be real nice to hear more from plastic or lupus today anyway. I was more than willing to vote plastic yesterday and was willing to do so today until the night no-kill but, eh, I've heard enough alternative theories on why that could be to say sure, why the geek not, I'm willing to switch my vote, some of those sound plausible (yes, this is me saying that the reason for my theory on plastic is *not* because I have a protective type).

But like, not yet, we haven't even heard from him today.
This post is riddled with SwiftKey typos. I hate writing on my phone.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation

I don't follow this. Okay, you feel like the masonry is neutral value and not necessarily indicative of anything. That's fair enough. I can't say I'm so sure about it I'd stake my life on it. But that should only bring the read back to neutral. That brings up what I guess you'd consider erratic voting and/or arguing patterns, but I don't really feel like Bucnasti stands out compared to anyone else in that regard. In fact, there are people I'm much more suspicious of if that's the yardstick we're going for. But you seem pretty set on specifically voting out Bucnasti over anyone else, and I'm not convinced there's enough justification for that.

Suddenly, I have a lot of theories about people's roles that I didn't have yesterday, and this changes my estimation of certain things. However, I also feel like I shouldn't bring up what they are. This is troubling. But the upshot is that I can see a scenario that would put us where we are now that doesn't require any roles that can protect other people going around. But, I also have no evidence that this is what has taken place. drat.

Green Wing, do you think if Plastic claimed right now, it would support your assertion of him being town?

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Green Wing, do you think if Plastic claimed right now, it would support your assertion of him being town?

If *Plastic* claimed? Not as such because my theory isn't necessarily based on plastic having a role, but both scum and a protective role (who, to be clear, I'm not saying should claim - definitely not) going for him. I guess he could claim bulletproof but that's unverifiable so would be a bit irritating.

"That brings up what I guess you'd consider erratic voting and/or arguing patterns, but I don't really feel like Bucnasti stands out compared to anyone else in that regard. In fact, there are people I'm much more suspicious of if that's the yardstick we're going for. But you seem pretty set on specifically voting out Bucnasti over anyone else, and I'm not convinced there's enough justification for that."

Only got one vote to give, buc was my other scum read yesterday, hence going for it. But tbh I'm giving up on convincing people as it's gone down like a sack of piss.

So I'm now just seeing what everybody else has got as a plan.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

It's not like I have any better plans either. I feel like it's all accusations left and right with very little concrete to go on, and the most experienced player isn't posting much. I guess that's why I'm still suspicious of Plastic, with how nothing else is going anywhere and both his votes having been on townies. But then again I would've voted Re-Reg day one too so it's not like that vote means anything. The one thing that's sticking in my craw is how nobody is strongly defending him. That could mean scum knows he's town and isn't going to defend him on that basis. But, on the other hand, he also isn't getting a lot of votes despite a lot of suspicion hanging in the air. So is he scum and the others just don't want to defend him too openly, but also not vote for him?

I posted my scum reads the other day and they haven't really changed. The most consistent other voters for people who turned out to be town have been NeverHelm and Caffeinated Jerkoff. But I don't know if that means anything either. Okay, time to go back and re-read some posts.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

The one thing that's sticking in my craw is how nobody is strongly defending him.

I should clarify, nobody except Green Wing, but that's only very recently. In fact, going back to read posts from day 2, both NeverHelm and Caffeinated Jerkoff had Plastic as "probably scum" but still voted for wologar. And both of those also voted Re-Reg day one, whatever that means (almost nothing). Jadecore also had Plastic as the most likely scum candidate but didn't vote at all.

Oh, and while thinking about it, I'm going to swing back and throw my ##eliminate LupusAter vote back. I'm not really satisfied with any explanations given. This might be a lovely, terrible mid-day lunch, but I don't know what else to do to push the game forward. Interesting that both Bucnasti and Green Wing voted in this direction today at some point.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Mountains rise and fall, and under them the Turtle swims onward. Men live and die, and the Turtle Moves. Empires grow and crumble, and the Turtle Moves. Gods come and go, and still the Turtle Moves.

The Turtle Moves.
Votecount for Day 3

PlasticAutomaton (2): NeverHelm, Bucnasti
Bucnasti (1): Green Wing

Not Voting (7): Caffeinated Jerkoff, Cloacamazing!, cuntman.net, Hyper Crab Tank, Jadecore, LupusAter, PlasticAutomaton
---
LupusAter votecount

Green Wing
Hyper Crab Tank
Neverhelm
Hyper Crab Tank
Bucnasti
Green Wing
Hyper Crab Tank

Not Voting (7): Caffeinated Jerkoff, Cloacamazing!, cuntman.net, Green Wing, Jadecore, LupusAter, PlasticAutomaton
---

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 08th, 2022 at 5 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 8 hours.

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

I should clarify, nobody except Green Wing, but that's only very recently. In fact, going back to read posts from day 2, both NeverHelm and Caffeinated Jerkoff had Plastic as "probably scum" but still voted for wologar. And both of those also voted Re-Reg day one, whatever that means (almost nothing). Jadecore also had Plastic as the most likely scum candidate but didn't vote at all.

Oh, and while thinking about it, I'm going to swing back and throw my ##eliminate LupusAter vote back. I'm not really satisfied with any explanations given. This might be a lovely, terrible mid-day lunch, but I don't know what else to do to push the game forward. Interesting that both Bucnasti and Green Wing voted in this direction today at some point.

Pretty much all of the read lists were made like a full day or more before the votes. There's a whole lot of posts in between those two data points

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Yeah, absolutely. I don't know what else to bring up, though.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

So, I kinda feel like a dead man walking, since no way that the three people voting for me are all scum, so there's that to look forward to, I guess.

That said, I think scum will be voting for me piecemeal, so that it doesn't look too suspicious when there's three fast votes and then I die. Meaning there's a chance at least one of them is scum. Working from that theory, I think Neverhelm is the most probable scum? Voted third and then didn't retract it, which makes sense if they don't want to attract attention to themselves. Green Wing is a hard read right now but I'm leaning town, I think, I'm reasonably certain about Bucnasti being town because if they're scum that's some incredibly impressive acting for very little payoff and a very big risk, and I still have some lingering doubt about HCT.

Eh, whatever, it's not like it's gonna count at the end of the day.

##vote Neverhelm

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I'm opposed to the idea of kicking LupusAter out at this point. I'm a bit suspicious of most of the lurkers and non-voters because it's hard to get a read on them and might be a sign they're busy posting in their Discord channel, but it's not enough for me to cast an elimination vote here. Add to that, while people are swinging back and forth on the matter, nobody has really spoken up against voting him out, which scum would have an interest in.

Of course half the thread has voiced their suspicions about me after yesterday's debacle, so saying that might have the opposite effect now. And since despite all that I haven't even gotten a single vote, I'm beginning to suspect myself here.

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
Well, that settles it for me. Plastic, Lupus and Cloacamazing are scum. Maybe one more, but I'm fairly confident in those three.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

I'll put my hand on the table - I think Bucnasti, NeverHelm, and a /wild card third/ which I did think was Jadecore but could easily be somebody else. That was the three I mentioned earlier - I have a case for NeverHelm as well but, right now, we have an option to get hard evidence -

Thankfully, we have a tool availible to us to take a look closely at this and not end the day - because if Lupus is scum, I will go back to tucking my tail between my legs and admit I was incorrect on Buc. Because both helm and Buc are going for the elim. It's lupus is town, I will redouble my resolve. But it's important we have time after the elimination to discuss the actual vote. So...back I go. ##eliminate Lupus Alter

Also plastic please post.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Green Wing posted:

I'll put my hand on the table - I think Bucnasti, NeverHelm, and a /wild card third/ which I did think was Jadecore but could easily be somebody else. That was the three I mentioned earlier - I have a case for NeverHelm as well but, right now, we have an option to get hard evidence -

Thankfully, we have a tool availible to us to take a look closely at this and not end the day - because if Lupus is scum, I will go back to tucking my tail between my legs and admit I was incorrect on Buc. Because both helm and Buc are going for the elim. It's lupus is town, I will redouble my resolve. But it's important we have time after the elimination to discuss the actual vote. So...back I go. ##eliminate Lupus Alter

Also plastic please post.

Is this a weird move since my suspicions still lie on those two? Yeah, kind of. But is Lupus flips town, I think we have Buc bang to rights, and NeverHelm. And if scum, I'm deffo wrong. Can't pass that opportunity up.

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.

LupusAter posted:

Working from that theory, I think Neverhelm is the most probable scum? Voted third and then didn't retract it, which makes sense if they don't want to attract attention to themselves.
##vote Neverhelm
Those three votes happen literally within ten minutes of each other, on the first hour of the day. I'm the only one who didn't retract it, yes. That's because I'm the only one of those three votes who was confident enough in my scumread on you, Lupus.

By the way: There was something about your defense post earlier that I found a bit strange. It's not the strongest evidence, and might not mean anything, but it caught my eye:

LupusAter posted:

You obviously still are free to eliminate me, it'll make you get even with the missed nightkill.

"It will make you get even with the missed nightkill". This is such a strange way of putting it, you're referring to town in second person. As if you're separate from the rest of us. Personally, I think this is a scum slip. Maybe you got a bit agitated and posted a little to quickly? I'm sure you're going to say that's not how you meant it, but this language is very unnatural for a townie if you ask me.

As for you, cloacamazing - you've been on my radar for a while, but you didn't even give a reason for why you think Lupus should stay. You're also latching onto Green Wing's questionable "Plastic is town because he survived" narrative, which is exactly what I'd expect a scum to do. You've spent a lot of time just making empty posts to satisfy the lurker rule, rather than actually contributing. You're also inconsistent, I feel. You complain about people not dedicating themselves to a vote, but also say some people focus too much on reading the votes? I don't get it. I feel like you're just running interference most of the time.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Uh, something just occurred to me. There is a chance that, if we are wrong about LupusAter, the game is going to immediately end. ##retract until I'm sure we're not about to hand scum the win.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Or, actually, it won't immediately end, because night isn't going to happen immediately, but it puts us in a pretty precarious situation. If there are four scum - hardly unthinkable - then we are in MYLO right now and need to think real loving careful about who to lunch.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Hi, I'm here, just haven't been in a good headspace for the past day or so. (Still not really.) I've got a whole day of discussion and stuff to catch up on. Lemme get my poo poo together, and I'll start reading. Might take a lil' bit.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Hyper Crab Tank posted:

Uh, something just occurred to me. There is a chance that, if we are wrong about LupusAter, the game is going to immediately end. ##retract until I'm sure we're not about to hand scum the win.

Ehhh I'm not convinced a better prospect for guiding our action is going to appear (outside of people jumping on my Bucnasti theory :shh:) unless somebody outright accidentally posts something meant for scumchat. Little worried that we're half way through the day and might end up with a lot of shrugging 24 hours from now.

(I also think that 4 scum is way too many but, can't fault a little caution)

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Also if anyone has any direct questions or theories to help me focus my attention, I'd appreciate it.

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

I'm a little conflicted about the whole 'daytime execution vote' situation, but I'll add my vote in to ##eliminate LupusAter. I've been getting a scum read from them since the middle of Day 2, and I don't really believe their reasoning about NeverHelm.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

Green Wing posted:

Little worried that we're half way through the day and might end up with a lot of shrugging 24 hours from now.

I'm worried about that too, I just don't want to end up in a situation where the scum slam on the votes while I'm asleep and leave us panicking tomorrow.

If there are 3 scum: EXLO is 7, MYLO is 8. Even if LupusAter is town, the game won't end today, but we'll be MYLO tomorrow.

If there are 4 scum: EXLO is 9, MYLO is 10. We are in MYLO right now; if LupusAter is town, the game won't end immediately because of the special termination rules, but today is EXLO in that situation.

So, thinking about it, it does seem like we should still go for it. Right?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Mountains rise and fall, and under them the Turtle swims onward. Men live and die, and the Turtle Moves. Empires grow and crumble, and the Turtle Moves. Gods come and go, and still the Turtle Moves.

The Turtle Moves.
Votecount for Day 3

NeverHelm (1): LupusAter

Not Voting (6): Caffeinated Jerkoff, Cloacamazing!, cuntman.net, Hyper Crab Tank, Jadecore, PlasticAutomaton

-----

LupusAter votecount

Green Wing
Hyper Crab Tank
Neverhelm
Hyper Crab Tank
Bucnasti
Green Wing
Hyper Crab Tank
Green Wing
Hyper Crab Tank
Caffeinated Jerkoff

Not Voting (6): Cloacamazing!, cuntman.net, Hyper Crab Tank, Jadecore, LupusAter, PlasticAutomaton

-----

With 10 alive, it's 6 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 08th, 2022 at 5 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 23 hours, 54 minutes.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Green Wing posted:

Is this a weird move since my suspicions still lie on those two? Yeah, kind of. But is Lupus flips town, I think we have Buc bang to rights, and NeverHelm. And if scum, I'm deffo wrong. Can't pass that opportunity up.

I don't really like this reasoning. Playing my own devil's advocate, if I was scum that means my hypothetical teammates would be very happy to vote me out, since that would give them some time. This reads like wanting a reason to execute me and working backwards from that.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

LupusAter posted:

I don't really like this reasoning. Playing my own devil's advocate, if I was scum that means my hypothetical teammates would be very happy to vote me out, since that would give them some time. This reads like wanting a reason to execute me and working backwards from that.

That "if I was scum" reasoning only applies if you're scum and your scumbuddies are Buc/NeverHelm, which I don't see as a plausible grouping.

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

That doesn't make any sense Lupus. Scumbuddies voting you would be slowing down their wincondition. They don't gain any time from that. It's the exact opposite. The day isn't ending either. At most they'd be going neutral if they can swing it into executing a town somehow. I might see them joining in at the very end, if it looked like a done deal and they wanted to win brownie points with town. But it won't "buy them time".

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

I have nothing new to add and I'm off for the night soon, but before I do so I don't forget: ##eliminate LupusAter

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Yeah, I'm popping off soon as well. Hope I wake up to good news.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.
Work has been noticeably more of a headache than usual the past couple days, and I do in fact have a headache as I write this right now, with looking at my laptop screen hurting my eyes a bit, but it's also been mondo quiet so I should pipe up. I'm not going to lie and say I'm confident in this poo poo. Because I'm not. I think that should be obvious, and I think a LOT of people are deeply unsure of anything to work with and that's part of why the thread is relatively quiet.

##eliminate LupusAter. This loving sucks and I feel bad saying it, but at this point I think the information gained by their flipping will help sort everyone's theories out more than keeping an extra body in the game. And information is the only thing we can actually reasonably work with with any confidence. If they're town then that loving sucks and we REALLY have to be on high alert, if they're scum then I guess it's a freebie, but either way the resolution will provide key evidence to someone's theorycrafting.

Other than that... gently caress, y'all, I don't know what else to talk about. I want a nap. I don't think Green Wing or Bucnasti are scum and they're at each other's throats. With Caffeinated Jerkoff branching out into other conversation topics and clear consideration, and Plastic returning to the land of the living enough to contribute well reasoned arguments, the main reasons they were my top two are basically gone. I think the reason I had any particular suspicions of HCT might have been me overinterpreting tone or confidence into suspicion, and that's deeply unfair of me and isn't resonating as much anymore. I guess the one from my short list who still holds up somewhat is Cloacamazing? And potentially Plastic but for different, weaker reasons than before. And I don't know what the gently caress to make of NeverHelm or cuntman at this point, but NeverHelm is probably town if their Lupus read turns out right.

I'm not putting in a proper vote yet. I feel poo poo enough adding to the elimination. If that goes through then I'll probably have enough evidence to cast one.

The storm outside my window hasn't started yet but the rumbling thunder and faint wind sounds nice. Why have I been typing at this for the better part of an hour while flitting between stuff. I'm gonna hit post and get off to focus on that for a little while.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i was actually thinking about not voting for lupusater now that they were posting more, oh well v:v:v

im still most suspicious of cloacamazing at this point but i think plastic automaton flipping would give us the most information. if hes town, then im going to be suspicious of neverhelm and if hes scum then im going to be (more) suspicious of cloacamazing

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

LupusAter votecount

Green Wing
Hyper Crab Tank
Neverhelm
Hyper Crab Tank
Bucnasti
Green Wing
Hyper Crab Tank
Green Wing
Hyper Crab Tank
Caffeinated Jerkoff
Hyper Crab Tank
Jadecore

Not Voting (4): Cloacamazing!, cuntman.net, LupusAter, PlasticAutomaton

I believe this reaches majority and LupusAter is voted out. Will post flip in a moment, want to confirm nothing was missed.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

With the Blue Ghost's disappearance, suspicion turned to LupusAter. As to why no one could really say...maybe it was the fact that he was a very tall half-man half-wolf who occasionally flew into rages? People suspected he had some kind of anger problem, but he was really just biding his time in this strange little town until it was time for him to fulfill his true purpose...to fight for Ranni's fate, sword and fang. At least that's what he kept saying, something about Mistress Ranni, most people just nodded and smiled until one day everyone insisted that maybe it was time that he go check on Mistress Ranni and escorted him (nicely) to the closest exit.

When it was discovered what Blaidd had been up to in their quiet little town, folks wished they had escorted him out earlier.

LupusAter, MAFIA-Aligned Roleblocker has been eliminated from the game!

quote:

You are Blaidd the Half-Wolf! Your very existence is tied to that of Princess Ranni, and you will do anything in your power to protect her and ensure her destiny plays out as written... whether you want or not. There are few foes you cannot stop dead on their tracks.

You are a Mafia-aligned Roleblocker!

Each in-game night, you can target another player. Any actions they try to take that night will fail and have no effect. Your target will know their action failed, although not the reason.

Maerlyn fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Jul 8, 2022

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

The day continues.

Votecount for Day 3

Not Voting (6): Caffeinated Jerkoff, Cloacamazing!, cuntman.net, Hyper Crab Tank, Jadecore, PlasticAutomaton

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 08th, 2022 at 5 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 19 hours, 57 minutes.

:siren: Please note the change in majority needed for hammer.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Lol OK I can admit I was wrong ##unvote

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

Ooh, that's a nice boost for town! I guess we also got lucky that they didn't block the town protective last night.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

it figures that the werewolf was scum

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

it should have been obvious just from his name. i feel so dumb

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I was actually starting to doubt my read on LupusAter at the end there, since nobody came to their defense. It also seems kinda strange that the other scum let them miss the post count on day 2. Maybe they just weren't participating on the scum side either.

The question now is if the scum threw them to the wolves (get it?) or if they just didn't vote and let if fall where it was (or I guess a little of both)?

Plastic is still on the top of my list. Re-reading Lupus' posts they're mostly re-direction whenever people point out that Plastic wasn't targeted on Night 1 or people suggesting that targeting the most experienced player would be a good move on D1.

Green Wing I still feel is an either/or situation, I have conflicting thoughts there, it's possible they have a role they're not willing to reveal.

cuntman.net and cloacamazing! didn't vote, and there's been a lot of suspicion cast on cloaca, but I feel like the scum wouldn't make it so easy to identify them by just not voting on lupus.

Everyone else, slightly tending towards townies in my mind at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

Maerlyn posted:

LupusAter votecount

Green Wing
Hyper Crab Tank
Neverhelm
Hyper Crab Tank
Bucnasti
Green Wing
Hyper Crab Tank
Green Wing
Hyper Crab Tank
Caffeinated Jerkoff
Hyper Crab Tank
Jadecore

Not Voting (4): Cloacamazing!, cuntman.net, LupusAter, PlasticAutomaton

I believe this reaches majority and LupusAter is voted out. Will post flip in a moment, want to confirm nothing was missed.

I'm gonna guess one scum joined the vote and one didn't. I'm also optimistically assuming there are only 3 of them

Cloacamazing! posted:

I'm opposed to the idea of kicking LupusAter out at this point. I'm a bit suspicious of most of the lurkers and non-voters because it's hard to get a read on them and might be a sign they're busy posting in their Discord channel, but it's not enough for me to cast an elimination vote here. Add to that, while people are swinging back and forth on the matter, nobody has really spoken up against voting him out, which scum would have an interest in.

Of course half the thread has voiced their suspicions about me after yesterday's debacle, so saying that might have the opposite effect now. And since despite all that I haven't even gotten a single vote, I'm beginning to suspect myself here.

##vote Cloacamazing!

As far as I can tell, most everyone felt at least a little bad about the elimination vote. Until the flip, I was feeling pretty much the same way Jadecore described in her post. But you're the only person who outright refused and posted about it