Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maerlyn
Jun 29, 2003

Everything at once
the evil step-son

This av has been socialized, viva la Revolución

24 hours for night actions!

Maerlyn fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jul 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

PlasticAutomaton (5): NeverHelm, Bucnasti, Jadecore, NeverHelm, Green Wing, NeverHelm, Caffeinated Jerkoff
cuntman.net (1): PlasticAutomaton
Cloacamazing! (1): Caffeinated Jerkoff, cuntman.net, NeverHelm, NeverHelm, Caffeinated Jerkoff
Bucnasti (0): Green Wing, Green Wing

Not Voting (2): Cloacamazing!, Hyper Crab Tank

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 08th, 2022 at 5 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Mountains rise and fall, and under them the Turtle swims onward. Men live and die, and the Turtle Moves. Empires grow and crumble, and the Turtle Moves. Gods come and go, and still the Turtle Moves.

The Turtle Moves.
The night passes peacefully, everyone's thirst for blood satiated. You still have no idea what happened to Ghost and Paddle, though. A meeting is called in the morning to discuss the matter - but when you all get together, it seems someone is missing. A messenger is sent to their tent, only to discover they somehow... packed up everything and disappeared in the night.

HyperCrabTank, TOWN-aligned Vanilla, has left without a trace Night 4!

-----

quote:

You are Patches the Hyena! Town business interests you very little. You serve only yourself, and you will do anything for profit. You're opposed to people dying mindlessly, though - you'll only support it when it is YOU doing it. Even better if it involves a cliff. Hey, not your fault they let themselves be fooled so easily, is it?

You are a Town-aligned Vanilla! You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

You have no powers but your vote.

-----

It is now Day 4!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (7): Bucnasti, Caffeinated Jerkoff, Cloacamazing!, cuntman.net, Green Wing, Jadecore, NeverHelm

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 11th, 2022 at 5 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 8 hours.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

It's the only word they know, but it's such a big word for a tiny creature

So I'm thinking either Cloacamazing or CJ (that hammer felt sort of like a last minute bus for credibility)?

Also if PA had been town I think I would have just died of shame so, you know, relieved.

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
Well, I'm not going to waste any time. Cloacamazing has been under suspicion from many of us for good reason, and she seems aligned with both Plastic and Lupus. I especially don't by "lurker sympathy" as a reason not to vote LupusAter, that's just a smokescreen for "scumbuddy". Considering how Plastic tried to cover for her earlier, there's no longer any doubt in my mind that she's scum. ##vote Cloacamazing!

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

NeverHelm posted:

Well, I'm not going to waste any time. Cloacamazing has been under suspicion from many of us for good reason, and she seems aligned with both Plastic and Lupus. I especially don't by "lurker sympathy" as a reason not to vote LupusAter, that's just a smokescreen for "scumbuddy". Considering how Plastic tried to cover for her earlier, there's no longer any doubt in my mind that she's scum. ##vote Cloacamazing!

Yeah OK that's a fair summary, let's hurry this along

##vote Cloacamazing!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Mountains rise and fall, and under them the Turtle swims onward. Men live and die, and the Turtle Moves. Empires grow and crumble, and the Turtle Moves. Gods come and go, and still the Turtle Moves.

The Turtle Moves.
Info I forgot to add in the opening post (sorry!)

Cloacamazing! and Jadecore have received a lurker warning D3. Since neither of them are previously warned, that means nothing for Day 4.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

They say money can't buy happiness, but it sure does help.
Yeah turns out being kinda drained by work and also tending towards putting a ton of thoughts into single posts that take you ages to construct instead of a number of shorter ones can come back on you. :v:

While I'm primarily suspicious of Cloaca as well rn, I... don't wanna throw another vote on her without more discussion when it's only 4 to flip? The day only just started and if I did it'd be any one more vote to hammer and end the day.

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Never attribute to malice that post which is adequately explained by a poor sense of humor.
Well, who else do you find suspicious?

If Green Wing is scum, she wouldn't have backpedaled on her counterclaim request. That was what led to Plastic's downfall in the end.
Bucnasti as scum seems extremely unlikely to me, that would have been two extremely hard busses on Day 3. The same would be even more true for me.
CJ voted for both Lupus and Plastic as well. If you squint really hard, you could read that as self-preservation I suppose. But we could just vote them tomorrow in that case, we have time.
cuntman is the second scummiest by my estimation, but Plastic tried to deflect from Cloacamazing onto him, probably for that very reason. Again, we could vote him tomorrow.

Cloacamazing is much more suspicious than any of these.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I've been so focused on Plastic and lupus my reads on everyone else are pretty weak.
HTC was a good kill for the scum, they were one of the few people i had confidence were town.
I'm back to leaning town on GW, I don't think plastic would have included another scum in their role claim, combined with everything else, especially the last minute drop on plastic.
CJ, Neverhelm and Jadecore haven't done anything to raise my suspicions, but I just might not be looking hard enough.

Plastic fingered Cuntman.net at the end but claimed they would vote cloacamazing! for self preservation. Either of those could be a bus, but I'm more inclined to believe cloacamazing! is scum right now.

I'm running under the assumption that there's only one scum left. With only 4 to execute I don't want to throw my vote around just yet.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Just going to throw out my list, after last night's dramatics:

Town:
Bucnasti (I know, I know. As soon as Lupus flipped scum I knew I was wrong here)
Neverhelm (same again. That flip changed all)
Jadecore (just seems pretty consistently solid?)
Me :v:

Which leaves CJ, Cloaca and cuntman. I think cuntman is in the clear, because I think Plastic was trying to pull the same trick twice, I.E. putting out what seemed to be a good case against a suspicious townie, which is what got us to vote wologar.

This leaves CJ and Cloaca. I wasn't sure about the plastic hammer but I guess CJ did also vote for lupus as Neverhelm is saying, so...

That only leaves Cloaca. I'm comfortable staying where I am.

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

NeverHelm posted:

Well, who else do you find suspicious?

If Green Wing is scum, she wouldn't have backpedaled on her counterclaim request. That was what led to Plastic's downfall in the end.
Bucnasti as scum seems extremely unlikely to me, that would have been two extremely hard busses on Day 3. The same would be even more true for me.
CJ voted for both Lupus and Plastic as well. If you squint really hard, you could read that as self-preservation I suppose. But we could just vote them tomorrow in that case, we have time.
cuntman is the second scummiest by my estimation, but Plastic tried to deflect from Cloacamazing onto him, probably for that very reason. Again, we could vote him tomorrow.

Cloacamazing is much more suspicious than any of these.

I still don't think it's Bucnasti or Green Wing, for the reasons I've talked about before. You're... probably town, though I'm admittedly less certain of that than I am of them since you don't really have the same sort of very genuine gently caress-up as you do. I suppose my order from most to least would be Cloaca, CJ, Cuntman, you, Green Wing, Bucnasti?

This isn't about me not thinking Cloaca is suspicious, though. This is about the fact that nobody's gotten to really talk yet. Even if we have our clear chief suspect, we should still give room for discussion, right?

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

Jadecore posted:

though I'm admittedly less certain of that than I am of them since you don't really have the same sort of very genuine gently caress-up as they do.

(Mafia edit, and for the record a lot of this is based from how unscripted the mason debate was and their behavioral patterns since.)

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Yeah, that's fair enough. Who knows, maybe someone will drop a scum slip or something. But absent something like that, I'm not going to move my vote.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

When the game gets short like this does the lurker requirements change?

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Shellception posted:

Please, do not lurk. The game does need posters to play it and contribute, otherwise nobody can read you out and it becomes a slow, dragging affair. The lurker threshold will be 10 posts per game day, about 48h in real life time, with the requisite being halved for hammers that happen at 12h to deadline or earlier, and eliminated if 24h to deadline or earlier. First time, you will be told to please not miss posting requierements; second time, you will be eliminated from the game.
Yes. In a really short day, there's no threshold at all.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

Bucnasti posted:

When the game gets short like this does the lurker requirements change?

No post requirement is a day ends more than 24 hours before deadline.

Post requirement reduced to 5 of it ends bergen 12 and 24 hours before deadline.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

NeverHelm posted:

Yeah I kind of figured that was going to happen as soon as as Plastic flipped scum. Hell, I would be suspicious of myself if I didn't know I was town. At this point the only chance I have is if a detective role investigated me.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
From my perspective, Plastic pretty obviously intended to throw me under the bus with the whole claiming I was likely town before flipping scum.

LupusAter threw out a vote on NeverHelm before he got eliminated, which struck me as suspicious yesterday. Why vote for someone when you're scum and you know you'll be eliminated soon? It seems to me like a plan to use their flip to make a scum ally seem like town.

So that's what I'm going with: ##vote [NeverHelm]

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Here we go again with the idea that scum somehow "knew" Lupus was going to flip so they bussed him despite it being a completely free execution for town. I've already explained why I don't think that makes sense.

Here's another theory for you all: Lupus voted for me because I'd fingered two scum at the start of the day, including him, and had pretty clearly shown my inclination to vote Plastic since the end of Day 2.

Green Wing
Oct 28, 2013

NeverHelm was also the first vote for Plastic yesterday, immediately when the day started, so if they're both scum then that's one hell of a weird play.

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

And Cloacamazing: If you thought Lupus voting for me was suspicious, why were you so against voting Lupus yourself?

Jadecore
Mar 10, 2018

My cousin is in town so Iiii'm not going to be here for a bit, just letting y'all know.

Cloacamazing! posted:

At this point the only chance I have is if a detective role investigated me.

This does make me wonder: I know a little about the tactics in more fast paced regular mafia/werewolf stuff, but how would a cop/detective even determine when a good time to claim and give their report log is? With so much time to chew over and typing up in text rather than saying it aloud it feels like it'd have a much different flavor to it. Do they just try and nudge people along without ever declaring, do they go out in a blaze of glory, or do they get, like, left alive and unbelieved?

I know that's not actually that helpful, but I'm trying to post more and also gotta bounce.

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Seriously Cloacamazing, you just said you thought both of us were scum. But you said you were against eliminating LupusAter, because of "sympathy for a fellow lurker". That's a massive condtradiction!

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
I have absolutely no idea what you mean by that. I was against eliminating LupusAter, because I've been having trouble with getting the required post count too. At the point where i said that, I didn't know if he was scum or town. Now I know he was scum, I'm looking at that throwaway vote he did and find it suspicious.

Chill out, it's not like anybody is going to follow my lead on that vote anyway.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

now that plastic flipped im even more certain that cloacamazing is scum.

Cloacamazing! posted:

From my perspective, Plastic pretty obviously intended to throw me under the bus with the whole claiming I was likely town before flipping scum.
also the wording here feels like a scum slip but im not sure and it really doesnt make a difference to me at this point

i feel confident enough that cloacamazing is scum that the only reason for me to not vote would be if theres a 4th scum out there. i have no idea who that could be though because everyone else reads as town to me. so im just going to hope there isnt one and ##vote Cloacamazing!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Cloacamazing! (3): NeverHelm, Green Wing, cuntman.net
NeverHelm (1): Cloacamazing!

Not Voting (3): Bucnasti, Caffeinated Jerkoff, Jadecore

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 11th, 2022 at 5 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 2 hours.

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

Jadecore posted:

My cousin is in town so Iiii'm not going to be here for a bit, just letting y'all know.

This does make me wonder: I know a little about the tactics in more fast paced regular mafia/werewolf stuff, but how would a cop/detective even determine when a good time to claim and give their report log is? With so much time to chew over and typing up in text rather than saying it aloud it feels like it'd have a much different flavor to it. Do they just try and nudge people along without ever declaring, do they go out in a blaze of glory, or do they get, like, left alive and unbelieved?

I know that's not actually that helpful, but I'm trying to post more and also gotta bounce.

I've been wondering about this too. I think if we have a cop, they probably never investigated anyone who turned up as scum? They also could've been roleblocked at some point, since that was a thing scum could do.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

Ok, I don't see any real point in waiting. I don't have any other candidates and I don't see any more coming until we vote out Cloaca.

##vote Cloacamazing!

I see three outcomes here.

Cloaca is the last scum and town wins.

Cloaca is not the last scum and now we're stuck figuring out who the last one is out of a bunch of town reads

Cloaca is town and now we're still stuck figuring out who the last one is out of a bunch of town reads.

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

cuntman.net posted:

now that plastic flipped im even more certain that cloacamazing is scum.

also the wording here feels like a scum slip but im not sure and it really doesnt make a difference to me at this point

i feel confident enough that cloacamazing is scum that the only reason for me to not vote would be if theres a 4th scum out there. i have no idea who that could be though because everyone else reads as town to me. so im just going to hope there isnt one and ##vote Cloacamazing!

I think the line you quoted doesn't make any sense unless it's a scum slip. Why in the world would scum try to bus their fellow scum when it looks like they're going to be thrown out themselves? Throwing someone under the bus only potentially works if you survive. ##vote Cloacamazing!

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

The Turtle Moves.
:redhammer:

Not sure where the bot is.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Oh god! Cloacamazing! is hammered!

Votecount for Day 4
With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 11th, 2022 at 5 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 2 hours.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

The Turtle Moves.
Votecount for Day 4

Cloacamazing! (5): NeverHelm, Green Wing, cuntman.net, Bucnasti, Caffeinated Jerkoff
NeverHelm (1): Cloacamazing!

Not Voting (1): Jadecore

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

The Turtle Moves.
A boring existence can be the greatest cover of them all, can't it? Cloacamazing! was clearly an example of it. They were just there, living a life that could hardly be called interesting. They'd say hello to all their neightbours, help the nannies cross the street, play with their kids, remember their neighbours' birthdays and bake them cookies. Almost... too perfect, wasn't it?

In the midst of the confussion that surrounded last night's disappearance, somebody remembered - they had overheard them wishing for a new pong table for next Christmas. Well, there was it. It was clear. Nothing else to say. The townies marched over to Cloacamazing!'s house, intent to make them pay, and finally get closure for their history.

They ended up saving their life.

Inexplicably for everyone, while they were swimming, their pool ladder had completely disappeared, evaporated into thin air. They were found floating in the pool, almost passed out from exhaustion, and rushed to the hospital.

Cloacamazing! TOWN-aligned Vanilla, was eliminated Day 4.

-----

quote:

You are Bob Newbie! You live in a house, and you have a family. It is a simple life. Or so they say. For some unknown reason, sometimes you dream of ladder-less pools and burning rugs. You haven't shared those deep fears with anyone but your therapist, though - after all, who else would believe you?

You are a Town-aligned Vanilla! You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

-----

It is now Night 4! 24h for night actions!

Shellception fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Jul 10, 2022

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

The Turtle Moves.
A sleepless night passes, in which the townies take turns to relay the state of Bob Newbie to each other and his wife. The ladder was never found, though.

By morning, it's clear they are in the road to recovery. Great news! But then, somehow, the person who comes to retrieve Green Wing from watch duty finds her just... gone. A note she left reads "Don't worry about me, I'm fine! I will be back in a heartbeat!".

Green Wing, TOWN-aligned Vanilla, has left town Night 4!

-----

quote:

You are Madeline! You set up in a long, hard journey up Mount Celeste, looking for your own answers. You are determined to do anything, no matter how hard or taxing, to reach your goal. You're not afraid to trust and help others, either. Your perseverance will be a boon to the Town.

You have no powers but your vote.

-----

It is now Day 5!

Due to day ending early, no lurker warnings were issued.

NeverHelm
Aug 9, 2017

Dammit. I was really confident in that read, as were most of us it seems. Even Cloacamazing herself admitted she was suspicious! Well played, scum.

Well, my next best guess is either cuntman or Caffeinated Jerkoff. But I don't think we should rush into the vote this time, we need more information.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (5): Bucnasti, Caffeinated Jerkoff, cuntman.net, Jadecore, NeverHelm

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 12th, 2022 at 5 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 3 hours.

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

That... Was not an ideal day. Towards the end of the day, Jadecore asked when a cop should claim. I think the best time may have been yesterday, but the second-best time is today!

Hi everybody, I'm Caffeinated Jerkoff, your town-aligned Cop!

N1 I investigated NeverHelm as town-aligned. I chose NeverHelm N1 because they were one of the top two proponents of throwing out MSRR, and I wanted to be sure town wasn't being misled. I thought about investigating Green Wing, but at that time I thought the mafia were likely to go for her with their nightkill.
N2 I investigated PlasticAutomaton, but my action failed. I assume LupusAter blocked me. I chose PlasticAutomaton N2 because wologar flipped town after Plastic diverted suspicion from himself to wologar.
N3 I investigated Cloacamazing! as town-aligned. I chose Cloacamazing N3 because they were my strongest scum read after PlasticAutomaton and LupusAter.
N4 I investigated cuntman.net as town-aligned. I didn't really know who else to go for, he's the last person who seemed like he could be scum.

Day 3 I opted not to claim and reveal the information I got about Cloacamazing, because I convinced myself that the last remaining scum could be a Godfather, and thought it would be better not to muddle the vote with potentially bad information. Turns out, cops shouldn't make decisions based on their opinions! I definitely owe Cloacamazing! an apology, I should've backed her up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caffeinated Jerkoff
Jul 13, 2014

Caffeinated Jerkoff posted:

That... Was not an ideal day. Towards the end of the day, Jadecore asked when a cop should claim. I think the best time may have been yesterday, but the second-best time is today!

Hi everybody, I'm Caffeinated Jerkoff, your town-aligned Cop!

N1 I investigated NeverHelm as town-aligned. I chose NeverHelm N1 because they were one of the top two proponents of throwing out MSRR, and I wanted to be sure town wasn't being misled. I thought about investigating Green Wing, but at that time I thought the mafia were likely to go for her with their nightkill.
N2 I investigated PlasticAutomaton, but my action failed. I assume LupusAter blocked me. I chose PlasticAutomaton N2 because wologar flipped town after Plastic diverted suspicion from himself to wologar.
N3 I investigated Cloacamazing! as town-aligned. I chose Cloacamazing N3 because they were my strongest scum read after PlasticAutomaton and LupusAter.
N4 I investigated cuntman.net as town-aligned. I didn't really know who else to go for, he's the last person who seemed like he could be scum.

Day 3 I opted not to claim and reveal the information I got about Cloacamazing, because I convinced myself that the last remaining scum could be a Godfather, and thought it would be better not to muddle the vote with potentially bad information. Turns out, cops shouldn't make decisions based on their opinions! I definitely owe Cloacamazing! an apology, I should've backed her up.

*Day 4 I opted not to claim