Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

pokchu posted:

It’s less joints and more that he’s just worn most of his discs out on his back. He’s already had one reconstructive surgery like 6 years ago but there’s just not enough left to actually fix. The steroid keeps the swelling down enough that it doesn’t pinch off nerves running to the lower half of his body.

We had a elderly border collie with all sorts of joint issues, mostly hips, idk what the laws are like in your area but we were prescribed medical marijuana in tablet form for her at night (UK) - Was very much a night time thing because the she would be absolutely zonked after it but it was a improvement in the day, although I thought at the time it was because she was getting a good sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

Elusif? he was incredibly annoying and fully admits it all the time and solo drakban specifically wouldnt muzzle him because he was paying solo a shitload of bribe money to let him spam announcements

if you mean this guy I gagged him because he was one of the prime people who wouldnt stop saying gamer words and being lovely to women

I got a bunch of isk dragged down with elusif too as one of his isk suppliers you rear end in a top hat

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

pokchu posted:

I got a bunch of isk dragged down with elusif too as one of his isk suppliers you rear end in a top hat

you were a literal trillionaire, i think you came out okay

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

pokchu posted:

I still want to know who said what to Vio Geraci for him to slide into my DMs and try to accuse me of spying or stealing or whatever. But then again that was just kind of the overall atmosphere in those days.

VIO was kind of a faker when it came to spymastering and information security in general.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Elusif? he was incredibly annoying and fully admits it all the time and solo drakban specifically wouldnt muzzle him because he was paying solo a shitload of bribe money to let him spam announcements

if you mean this guy I gagged him because he was one of the prime people who wouldnt stop saying gamer words and being lovely to women

Must have been after I left then. I meant the guy with the rainbow avatar that was always pretty pleasant in Epsilon. If he went off the deep end after I left, I wasn't aware of it.

Edit: Hilariously, he was like the least abrasive member of Epsilon and was always pretty nice to everyone. Someone on SA has the same avatar and I thought it was him so I said "hi" but turns out it wasn't and they both just had the same gif.

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 11, 2022

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

FWIW, this only got him banned from Eve -- he was around on jabber for years after until he did eventually get booted for a completely different reason. Sadly, I don't remember what the reason was, but I remember it being for a pretty clear-cut reason and there wasn't really any room to argue semantics.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
People with lots of money winning at eve please give me some so I can legit give Russian teenagers a break from mining ice 7 days a week to keep omega thanks.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Here's a hot tip:

Don't play Eve Online. It's a bad game

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Frank Frank posted:

Here's a hot tip:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Frank Frank posted:

Here's a hot tip:

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER
I am setting up a Satisfactory server come play with us (don't actually tho it gets unstable after about 20 people)

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD

Frank Frank posted:

Here's a hot tip:

twigplant
Jun 9, 2009

You're asking me to believe in sentient meat.

Frank Frank posted:

Here's a hot tip:

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

got me 50 ounces out a bird in this bitch

Frank Frank posted:

Here's a hot tip:

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!

Frank Frank posted:

Here's a hot tip:

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Frank Frank posted:

Here's a hot tip:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Frank Frank posted:

Here's a hot tip:

thingul
Mar 2, 2005

Frank Frank posted:

Here's a hot tip:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

Here's a hot tip:

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

Here's a hot tip:

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

:yikes:

SippieCup
Mar 19, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

We never did anything that dumb ever again DC Meet-wise.

The dumbest thing most people did at the DC Meet was some drugs afaik, apperently there was a sexual assult that came out later?

I ran the larger eve market bots in jita for a few years (06->14ish?), a bunch of people in leadership knew, they never had access and honestly most didn't really know how to cheat and didnt, inno is included in that group.

People in TEST/PL/Goons did use my uncloaking script for a few years until it got patched though.

pokchu posted:

Seriously? During the elusif days it was easy as hell to never be caught.

SippieCup fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jul 11, 2022

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

They say that the Grinch's small heart grew three sizes that day.
i actually feel kinda bad about Deadtear getting demodded cause we were the ones talking about xenuria ITT and all he did was copy paste what someone else posted.

and its pretty hosed for mittens to pretend like believing xenuria is an unperson for reasons you cant remember is beyond the pale when he himself pinged out all the ED links years ago

i mean god forbid you start paying attention to eve again after several years and ask "oh isnt that guy bad because reasons" and get met with "weve been over this, gently caress you"

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Don't forget *sound* like a meth head.

Seriously, it was painful to hear you on comms, Arghy. You sounded like an Emo Philips impersonator, and the fact that I can still recall how your voice sounded on comms for ~20 years speaks volumes.

Hey he has a new mic now

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Don't forget *sound* like a meth head.

Seriously, it was painful to hear you on comms, Arghy. You sounded like an Emo Philips impersonator, and the fact that I can still recall how your voice sounded on comms for ~20 years speaks volumes.

God damnit that was arghythepirate not me, when i played it was coms silence, the only time i ever spoke* was when i lead a reinforcement fleet of newbies into a gate camp and suas had to save us after that i never spoke on team speak just listened because that was how fleets operated back then. I never bound a push to talk button or had a mic.

*Spoke as in chat but vocally not once in the entirety of my goonfleet days

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Mr. Grinch posted:

i actually feel kinda bad about Deadtear getting demodded cause we were the ones talking about xenuria ITT and all he did was copy paste what someone else posted.

and its pretty hosed for mittens to pretend like believing xenuria is an unperson for reasons you cant remember is beyond the pale when he himself pinged out all the ED links years ago

i mean god forbid you start paying attention to eve again after several years and ask "oh isnt that guy bad because reasons" and get met with "weve been over this, gently caress you"

i think what happens is sometimes, just sometimes, mittens remembers that he did some hosed up poo poo to and asked a lot of hosed up poo poo from someone he knew was a minor at the time

i dont think anyone wants to make the transition from "criminal attorney" to criminal "attorney" over a horrible spaceship game.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Mr. Grinch posted:

under no circumstances should you feel bad, it was hilarious and i did a lot more than that

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

also jokes about my wife are fine for the funny cool people of delta who know me

not sure mittens wants to go there with me. i wonder if that large dog is still alive

pokchu
Aug 22, 2007
D:
The mittani is incredibly far up his own rear end for somebody who trashed his life over video game prestige

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

Baculus posted:

i think what happens is sometimes, just sometimes, mittens remembers that he did some hosed up poo poo to and asked a lot of hosed up poo poo from someone he knew was a minor at the time

i dont think anyone wants to make the transition from "criminal attorney" to criminal "attorney" over a horrible spaceship game.

He is, and always has been such a loving pubbie.

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Baculus posted:

why is every member of illum such a loving disappointment in every single respect? god drat i bet none of your fathers talk to you lol

Well, he's dead, so...

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

under no circumstances should you feel bad, it was hilarious and i did a lot more than that

not like in a losing sleep over it way just more like ah drat that sucks way

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
I know the cost of doing things and I more than half expected it especially when I started cornfielding director posts

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I know the cost of doing things and I more than half expected it especially when I started cornfielding director posts

you should have left the dumb ones and just like trashed anything even remotely useful or necessary for doing their space jobs

Mr. Grinch
Jul 2, 2007

so basically the current state of goonfleet dot com

BigD7976
Feb 24, 2014

by VideoGames

FirstnameLastname posted:

it wasn't a threat.

'cuz i wouldn't actually do that, i'm too nice.

i was very upset about the situation and at that point, felt like it was my only leverage to get someone to do something besides delete it, which is infuriating when it's not just poo poo to be poo poo.

so a little facet to this story is my stepdad died 4 years ago today (nice segue huh) going into heart and liver failure, septic shock, he had hepatitis-C from IV drug use at like 17, for a few months. Didn't know, his whole life.
otherwise, he was really healthy, 49, exercised, ate well
went to the hospital
dead in 12 hours. in the arms of my (at the time)3 months into being 18 year old brother
i didn't go because i thought it was something minor. he never got sick, athletic.

I'm really sorry to hear that, I lost my mom the same way in 2010, but she knew for a long time, and it was a slow decline into liver failure for her.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I’m beginning to suspect that basing your entire identity around one single game and your position of power in it for 20 years may make you lose perspective in an unhealthy way.

Mittens and Brisc smugly talking on the meta show about they had been to a “lesbian wedding” while I was waiting for the northern freight company to get my stuff out of delve over anti-LGBT bullshit in goonwaffe corp mail, that the all seeing all knowing Mitanni must have been able to read, was the absolute low point in any video game I have ever played.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

learnincurve posted:

I’m beginning to suspect that basing your entire identity around one single game and your position of power in it for 20 years may make you lose perspective in an unhealthy way.

Mittens and Brisc smugly talking on the meta show about they had been to a “lesbian wedding” while I was waiting for the northern freight company to get my stuff out of delve over anti-LGBT bullshit in goonwaffe corp mail, that the all seeing all knowing Mitanni must have been able to read, was the absolute low point in any video game I have ever played.

:( welp

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

learnincurve posted:

what the hell is going on in goonwaffe that this poo poo is happening :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

learnincurve posted:

That sucks. If you still really really like the game there are certainly still groups of relatively normal people who play casually.