Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

BoosterDuck posted:

a leaker found where the next arc takes place

up your butt and around the corner

California... Of course! It all makes sense now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021

Jon Irenicus posted:

imo we should have another Davy Back Fight sometime before the finale

Jerusalem posted:

I absolutely want Shanks and his crew to be involved in a Davey Back Fight. :hellyeah:

This is the perfect opportunity to bring Buggy back into the fold too. He's probably the one person in the world who can deal with Luffy and Shanks impartially, since he hates them both equally. He would make the perfect referee.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

People get huge on the grand line because all pirates are on the juice, big time. Ivankov's the dealer.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
A Davy Back fight with the Red Hair prates would be insanely hype, and probably the single best callback possible to that weird little story element. It's odd to me that it came up once and no one ever mentioned it again. It'd also be a rad way to showcase Shanks' crew, because they feel like an even bigger mystery than him.

Wanna see Lucky Roo cut loose with whatever makes him the fastest dude on the planet. Probably some kind of teleporting devil fruit, but maybe he's just a ludicrously fast gentleman of carriage.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

Nessus posted:

People get huge on the grand line because all pirates are on the juice, big time. Ivankov's the dealer.

Someone in back

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Paper Lion posted:

Someone in back

Magellan: What is this?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

https://twitter.com/tench_art/status/1508533228096954377
Really cool twitter thread of someone making 1 fanart every 10 chapters.

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

Desumaytah posted:

Wanna see Lucky Roo cut loose with whatever makes him the fastest dude on the planet. Probably some kind of teleporting devil fruit, but maybe he's just a ludicrously fast gentleman of carriage.

i think lucky roux being fast was fan speculation and never confirmed. he seems like a normal speed fat man to me

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

There's some awesome art in there, loved this one in particular early on:

:3:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

notwithyourheart posted:

i think lucky roux being fast was fan speculation and never confirmed. he seems like a normal speed fat man to me

I mean, Brook and Sanji both look like normal speed guys too, plus it would be an Oda-rear end thing to have the fat guy who’s usually chowing down on some meat to secretly be the best Shave user in the world.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Blackbeards ship just being a giant log is a great visual gag

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Shanks and his guys have been built up way too much to ever live up to it imo

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Maybe. They will probably be equal to the Straw Hats at this point or they certainly should be, so I'm hoping that this means that some of them will be panicky doofuses like Usopp or Chopper, but will still be able to show why they're on an emperor's crew. It's like how Roger was always shown as this mysterious, imposing figure, then when we got to see actual flashbacks where the viewer is assumed to be on his level now, he was kind of just a doofy One Piece guy with a cool sword. As long as their status in the world makes sense based on what we know then it'll be fine.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

no ring

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!
I hope the actual One Piece is just a hammy joke book that Joy Boy left. Then Roger just loved dumb jokes.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012
Re: Lucky Roux being fast: You’re right that there’s no direct evidence for it, but it feels right. It’s true that his one demonstration of speed (seemingly teleporting from the perspective of a random bandit) is something Kalifa or even Kuro could probably replicate. At the same time, the only thing we’ve seen him do besides move fast is fire a gun (and Yasopp and Beckmann also use guns), so it feels right that moving fast would be the main way he fights. Especially since the Red Hair Pirates seem to disdain Devil Fruits and the other top members are similarly exceptional at something (Haki, intelligence, sniping).

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They'll do a Davy Back Fight and switch Monster for Chopper and there'll be a few chapters where Chopper is on Bonk Punch's head.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

It would simply be funny for a big fat round guy to be insanely anime fast

notwithyourheart
Dec 27, 2013

it would be funny i can’t disagree with that

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Being fast is a pre requisite if you want to hang out in a shonen's endgame.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

The thing Im most hype to find out is who Enie is, and why they named an entire Lobby after him. I hope we see Enie during the void century flashback

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Meme Emulator posted:

The thing Im most hype to find out is who Enie is, and why they named an entire Lobby after him. I hope we see Enie during the void century flashback

if they show Enie, we might get backstory on Meenie, Minie and Moe

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
bringing back Elbaf discussion from a couple pages back but i have a potentially out there theory that Big Mom's gonna have a face turn and ally herself with Luffy, and the events on Elbaf will tie into that somehow. Her actions while amnesiac and subsequent turning on Kaido for his crimes against Wano give the impression that her stated ideals of a free and equal world are genuine, even if she's been loving up the execution, and I think she and Luffy could potentially see eye to eye in the future.

ThingOne
Jul 30, 2011

Would you like some tofu?

In a better timeline I could see Big Mom being one of the leaders of the Revolutionaries.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

SwimmingSpider posted:

bringing back Elbaf discussion from a couple pages back but i have a potentially out there theory that Big Mom's gonna have a face turn and ally herself with Luffy, and the events on Elbaf will tie into that somehow. Her actions while amnesiac and subsequent turning on Kaido for his crimes against Wano give the impression that her stated ideals of a free and equal world are genuine, even if she's been loving up the execution, and I think she and Luffy could potentially see eye to eye in the future.

big mom is dead

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

oddium posted:

big mom and Gin is dead

Sad but true, RIP all the fan theories.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Big Mom beats her kids and is a bad person that sucks. Even if she is cool.

Also is dead in lava.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also is dead in lava.

Minor correction

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream

Libra posted:

Minor correction

Sometimes they aren't even her kids!

Man, the Big Mom flashback got really loving dark didn't it?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Maybe. They will probably be equal to the Straw Hats at this point or they certainly should be, so I'm hoping that this means that some of them will be panicky doofuses like Usopp or Chopper, but will still be able to show why they're on an emperor's crew. It's like how Roger was always shown as this mysterious, imposing figure, then when we got to see actual flashbacks where the viewer is assumed to be on his level now, he was kind of just a doofy One Piece guy with a cool sword. As long as their status in the world makes sense based on what we know then it'll be fine.

I adore the Oden flashback where he first meets Roger. Roger just zooming past Rayleigh going,"HE LOOKS TOUGH LEAVE HIM TO ME I DON'T WANT YOU GUYS GETTING HURT!" and a pissed off Rayleigh shouting,"YOU JUST WANNA FIGHT HIM YOURSELF! :argh:" is just the best.

Oden's,"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!?!?" after getting sent flying was also fantastic.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
kinda interesting that yamato ate a deity zoan fruit seemingly by accident as well. there's been a few instances of zoans ending up in certain hands via fate it seems

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

I adore the Oden flashback where he first meets Roger. Roger just zooming past Rayleigh going,"HE LOOKS TOUGH LEAVE HIM TO ME I DON'T WANT YOU GUYS GETTING HURT!" and a pissed off Rayleigh shouting,"YOU JUST WANNA FIGHT HIM YOURSELF! :argh:" is just the best.

Oden's,"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!?!?" after getting sent flying was also fantastic.

It was said earlier, but I like how has the status of the Straw Hats and the scope of the story has started to approach Roger's level, the viewer has been starting to see Roger on a more relatable level rather than this unapproachable god of piracy.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Roger is cool and my friend.

I like that although OP lore is starting to zone in on obscure and enigmatic secret history stuff, the original mysterious figure that basically started the story is revealed to just be a cool and likeable guy seemingly unconnected to all that. He seems like a chill dude that I would hang out with.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
did we know about the ponegylph in oden's dad's prison room before? just saw that its just 'there' when robin is talking to him, presumably not a road ponegylph tho

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Eiichiro_Staff/status/1546328427250294784?s=20&t=5nIigJ2UMBkvLXKTePV_gA

Looks like Red is the first One Piece film to be presented in IMAX

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

tbp posted:

did we know about the ponegylph in oden's dad's prison room before? just saw that its just 'there' when robin is talking to him, presumably not a road ponegylph tho

Pretty sure this is the one Brook found in act 2 when he was exploring the castle in ghost form

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
wasnt law facing down another poneglyph at some point in wano?

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
I think he was searching Onigashima for road poneglyphs in the gap between the fighting kicking off and the start of the rooftop brawl but all he could find is some rando ordinary poneglyphs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Also is dead in lava.

Big Mom isn’t dead. She’s defeated