Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Armitag3 posted:

Go ahead and get yourself Card Shark. Lovely indie game about being an 18th century card cheat in France unraveling sinister plots by cheating at cards.

huh, interesting

the art direction looks great at the very least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

How do raids/dungeons work in FFXIV? Can just queue up for them via some kind of ingame tool?

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

AnimeIsTrash posted:

How do raids/dungeons work in FFXIV? Can just queue up for them via some kind of ingame tool?

Yeah you use the duty finder to queue up, or if trusts/duty support are implemented for the dungeon you can run it with NPCs.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

haha doody search

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Endless Mike posted:

haha doody search

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

susan b buffering posted:

Yeah you use the duty finder to queue up, or if trusts/duty support are implemented for the dungeon you can run it with NPCs.

Hmm getting more and more an urge to play this game.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Hmm getting more and more an urge to play this game.

Hm AnimeIsTrash wants to play ff14………..

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I've tried using the doody search but it only shows your post history!!!!!!

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
guys, you really need to stop talking about mmo crap and find me more pictures of spider-man silksong leaks.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Hey some people like gamified spreadsheets, ok?

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

initially, i read this as garfield

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

its paintin time

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Armitag3 posted:

Hm AnimeIsTrash wants to play ff14………..

final fantasy isn't anime idiot -_-

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

but no one's posted about EVE in a long time

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

gbs faillords need not post itt

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

susan b buffering posted:

You can do trust for all the dungeons now! For the pre-shadowbringers dungeons you just get some rando soldier npcs. Pretty much raids and trials are the only things you need to find friends for anymore.

So now your squadron can just hang around being even more worthless because they didn't backport the trust ai to them

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

AnimeIsTrash posted:

gbs faillords need not post itt

please do not sign your post in the beginning of your post, thats just weird

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I think I'd be more into mmorpg's if raids were a less fundamental part of the experience

I am deathly allergic to spending that much time and focus on a game session that I cant pause at will

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

turn on your monitor xd

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

please do not sign your post in the beginning of your post, thats just weird

AnimeIsTrash posted:

or the end for that matter!!

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

AnimeIsTrash posted:

:thunk:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Armitag3 posted:

or the end for that matter!!

:sweep: fly away trolls

Anyways I setup retropie again so I could play roms. Glad I did this instead of just paying the $10 or whatever to play earthbound on the switch.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone

The Fool posted:

I think I'd be more into mmorpg's if raids were a less fundamental part of the experience

I am deathly allergic to spending that much time and focus on a game session that I cant pause at will

yeah! I feel like i always get suckered in by the first half where there's lots of great solo content and stories, and then it does the frog-boiling thing of less and less and less solo content until i can only progress in the game if i subject myself to playing with strangers in increasinly larger groups that are increasingly more likely to call me slurs because i'm a neurodivergent queer with a gentle voice

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
i have very little patience for games that make me grind a lot of uninvolved and repetitive gameplay to earn a drip-fed story. i'm already playing a single player game that suffers from this problem and mmos are ten times worse in this regard.

idk maybe just watch a 10 hour youtube supercut of all the story cutscenes instead and cut out the middleman. hold a controller in your hand and press X every few seconds as well to get a more authentic experience.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

haveblue posted:

but no one's posted about EVE in a long time

goonswarm is currently burning itself down due to mishandled sexual harassment and the people in charge refusing to address their fuckups lol

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

goonswarm is currently burning itself down due to mishandled sexual harassment and the people in charge refusing to address their fuckups lol

honestly surprised it's taken this long

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

You can do trust for all the dungeons now! For the pre-shadowbringers dungeons you just get some rando soldier npcs. Pretty much raids and trials are the only things you need to find friends for anymore.

So now your squadron can just hang around being even more worthless because they didn't backport the trust ai to them

I think the recent update only added them for ARR so Heavensward / Stormblood dungeons don't have them yet.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
the new zachtronic game is pretty good, if you want your games to be like your job but with well-defined acceptance criteria and a license to make things as obtuse and complicated as you want in pursuit of being faster/cheaper/whatever

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
wait are you telling me people who role-play as space emperors as a full-time job are maladjusted weirdos

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 21 hours!

Corla Plankun posted:

yeah! I feel like i always get suckered in by the first half where there's lots of great solo content and stories, and then it does the frog-boiling thing of less and less and less solo content until i can only progress in the game if i subject myself to playing with strangers in increasinly larger groups that are increasingly more likely to call me slurs because i'm a neurodivergent queer with a gentle voice

ffxiv have solo content all the way to the end of the story with only a few mandatory multiplayer bits that you can just queue to clear with random people (who are not acting like raging sociopaths like in wow)

it's perfectly fine to play it like a solo game and then stop once you're done with the story, that's pretty much what I do

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Real King poo poo here: Developer turns 'future of gaming' talk into a surprise attack on convention's NFT and blockchain sponsors

(De-clickbaiting spoiler: it was not a surprise to the convention organizers/people who approved the talk)

I know this is a bit of bleed from the Butt threads, but this is the kind of people we need to be celebrating in the game design scene.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

The Fool posted:

i literally got stoned and idled for 11 hours and came back this morning and i was just standing there. i smell what you're stepping in but you're talking like a half hour to mayyyyyyybe at the high end a couple hours i think? and there are breaks in between that they will announce. raid runners understand that people gotta take a piss and have a smoke now and then. xiv is actually really good for my adhd squirrel brain because i can go grind on something for a half hour and then get distracted by a moth on a light bulb and just deal with that then come back a few hrs later to resume

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i've been playing black mesa and man, this half-life thing holds up

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
i bought the turnip tax avoision game, need to give that a try instead of starting another game of stellaris

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Lysidas posted:

i bought the turnip tax avoision game, need to give that a try instead of starting another game of stellaris

should have just tried it out on game pass!

kind of cute but gameplay feels quite thin.

Lysidas
Jul 26, 2002

John Diefenbaker is a madman who thinks he's John Diefenbaker.
Pillbug
game pass is the microsoft thing right? i mostly play games on linux and now some macos too

and it was $7.50 on steam, ive wasted more money on worse things

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Lysidas posted:

it's good but you can 100% it in three hours

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Cat Face Joe posted:

final fantasy is anime and the anime rule should extend to it

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i fell off the ff7 remake largely because it was so anime

Adbot