Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Beeftweeter posted:

simcopter was the best streets of sim city
The game gained controversy when it was discovered that designer Jacques Servin inserted an Easter egg that generated shirtless men in Speedo trunks who hugged and kissed each other and appear in great numbers on certain dates, such as Friday the 13th. The egg was caught shortly after release and removed from future copies of the game. He cited his actions as a response to the intolerable working conditions he allegedly suffered at Maxis, particularly working 60-hour weeks and being denied time off.[1][2] He also reported that he added the "studs", as he called them, after a heterosexual programmer programmed "bimbo" female characters into the game, and that he wanted to highlight the "implicit heterosexuality" of many games.[3][4] Although he had initially planned for the characters to appear only occasionally, the random number generator he had created malfunctioned, leading them to appear frequently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

FMguru posted:

The game gained controversy when it was discovered that designer Jacques Servin inserted an Easter egg that generated shirtless men in Speedo trunks who hugged and kissed each other and appear in great numbers on certain dates, such as Friday the 13th. The egg was caught shortly after release and removed from future copies of the game. He cited his actions as a response to the intolerable working conditions he allegedly suffered at Maxis, particularly working 60-hour weeks and being denied time off.[1][2] He also reported that he added the "studs", as he called them, after a heterosexual programmer programmed "bimbo" female characters into the game, and that he wanted to highlight the "implicit heterosexuality" of many games.[3][4] Although he had initially planned for the characters to appear only occasionally, the random number generator he had created malfunctioned, leading them to appear frequently

yeah simcopter owns hard. there's a cheat code iirc that spawns a ton of speedomen

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

FMguru posted:

Owns

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

that rules

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

trilljester posted:

SimAnt was pretty good.

agreed, op

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

simant owns hard

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
ok people fess up, who “solved” riots with the Apache?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

devmd01 posted:

ok people fess up, who “solved” riots with the Apache?

are you serious

i'd be more interested to know who didn't

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

trilljester posted:

SimAnt was pretty good.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

devmd01 posted:

ok people fess up, who “solved” the continued existence of your city with the Apache?

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

Zlodo posted:

my brother in law has a foldable phone and it looks lovely and pointless

* long sigh *

* takes drag of cigarette *

dsyp

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

:hmmyes:

in some ways simcopter is the best flight simulator ever made

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SO DEMANDING posted:

:hmmyes:

in some ways simcopter is the best flight simulator ever made

it's not CORNCOB 3D

Olivil
Jul 15, 2010

Wow I'd like to be as smart as a computer
'member when snoop dogg changed his name to snoop dogggg to promote 4g lte?

it was actually for a samsung pos phone

Olivil fucked around with this message at 02:50 on Jul 19, 2022

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
no but i remember when he put out press releases saying "i dont smoke weed any more" when he got a volcano lol

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

remember when he was snoop lion for a while and hitched his cart to no limit records?

lmao

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
snoop os x lion

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

snoop el capitan, snoop longhorn, snoop ice cream sandwich

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Plank Walker posted:

snoop os x lion

try snoop li-ion

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

carry on then posted:

try snoop li-ion

:tif:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/TrungTPhan/status/1550134582397132804

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

those are so absurd I thought they were nanoraptor style fakes

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

there are no perks for sale on eBay :(

matti
Mar 31, 2019

disabling UAC in Vista

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

installing 15 different tweak apps to micromanage RAM use. you have no idea what they actually do, but a magazine told you to use them

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
the facebook phone

no not that one, the other one

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Wild EEPROM posted:

the facebook phone

no not that one, the other one

now the official phone of facebook is a jitterbug with a lets go brandon sticker

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
nah its a $599 rebranded phone from aliexpress (regularly $129) with a big thin blue line punisher skull homescreen and a squarespace website talking about how its free speech

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry

Sweevo posted:

installing 15 different tweak apps to micromanage RAM use. you have no idea what they actually do, but a magazine told you to use them

ramdoubler, so much more RAM!!!!!!!

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
my dad installed some ram bullshit on his tablet in like 2014 and would text me all the time about what his ram was doing

pretty hosed up thing to do to a guy

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

The truly absurd amount of backwards compatibility in x86, and every attempt to break from this architecture in the desktop and server world ending in disaster.

Archos and others briefly attempting to use RISC MIPS in the mobile and tablet space, before just using ARM like everyone else.

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 22, 2022

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
thanks for reminding me of the archos jukebox, that was a good music device (especially loaded up with rockbox)

it's cool that apple has made arm a more legitimate platform

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Volmarias posted:

The truly absurd amount of backwards compatibility in x86, and every attempt to break from this architecture in the desktop and server world ending in disaster.

Archos and others briefly attempting to use RISC in the mobile and tablet space, before just using ARM like everyone else.

wasn't archos running mips just like everyone else did before arm? i had a 64-bit mips windows ce device in like 2002.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casio_BE-300
https://phonedb.net/index.php?m=processor&id=56&c=nec_vr4131

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

psiox posted:

thanks for reminding me of the archos jukebox, that was a good music device (especially loaded up with rockbox)

it's cool that apple has made arm a more legitimate platform

I remember playing tetris on my jukebox while I listened to music thanks to rockbox.

It did so many things that are just commonplace today and it ruled

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

nudgenudgetilt posted:

wasn't archos running mips just like everyone else did before arm? i had a 64-bit mips windows ce device in like 2002.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casio_BE-300
https://phonedb.net/index.php?m=processor&id=56&c=nec_vr4131

Shoot, yes, that was what I was getting to think of. Thanks!

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

dell steak

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bogomips

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
before bogomips there was something developed for comparing the different hardware running Mach

the Mach factor

so you could theoretically have a simple comparison meaningful for someone who might use, say an IBM RT PC, a Sun-3/60, a Mac II, or a VAXstation, all running the local Andrew distribution atop Mach+BSD with home directories on AFS

for some reason it never caught on, I don’t think NeXT or OSF shipped the benchmark either

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

pink mustaches on the front grille of lyft cars

arguable if it's tech but still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Kitfox88 posted:

both the top down gtas were fun yeah, i just enjoyed 2 more and THE LIGHTING EFFECTS AT THE TIME W O W :eyepop:

chinatown wars isn't bad and it's designed top down, if you haven't tried it. funnest way to escape the cops in the series as well, that being you destroy a shitton of their cars chasing you and they gently caress off

i played throught that on my ds back in the day. decent game. using the drug deal minigame to get insane cash was always fun