Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

verbal enema posted:

me rn learing it was Lou Alcindor
not
Lou Al Cindor

also i cant find a loving gif of Kareem being pulled out of the co-pilot seat in Airplane! while he's wearing his court gear goddamnit that is SUCH BULL poo poo

Come on man he's talking about firstname hyphenated-lastname

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
De-Jan Bimble

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
Keegan Murray looking like just the kind of wing the Kings need.

And the Jimmy Butler media machine is unsurprisingly working hard as ever

https://twitter.com/naveenganglani/status/1547390026279165952?s=21&t=XW52pEIIUq4E9JXkQ9JSPg

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

verbal enema posted:

again as always over here as a Cavs fan just going :) :) :) this whole time

It's really cool being able to believe with all your heart in internal improvements and just having to run it back.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

karmicknight posted:

It's really cool being able to believe with all your heart in internal improvements and just having to run it back.

Ikr it feels sooooo good after all the nonsense

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
BUT SIGN SEXTON PLZ

Lewis Skolnick
Nov 4, 2011

That logo has me feeling like a big greasy burg. Can't put my finger on why....

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Who are the All Three-Name-Player starting 5?

PG: Shai
SG: KCP
SF: Kidd Gilcrist?
PF: Cauley stein?
C: KAT

Finney smith off the bench
Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf makes the team somewhere. Also Shareef Abdur-Rahim. Non-Muslim name addition: World B. Free.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Crazy Ted posted:

Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf makes the team somewhere. Also Shareef Abdur-Rahim. Non-Muslim name addition: World B. Free.

Dude owns in the tournament edition of NBA jam

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Korean name addition: Ha! Seung-Jin

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Crazy Ted posted:

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar erasure??????

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Crazy Ted posted:

PG: SGA
SF: Metta World Peace
PF: KAT
C: Kareem, are you people insane?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

I assumed he meant current players since he didn’t name any retired guys. But I guess MKG hasn’t played in a while.

Quizzlefish
Jan 26, 2005

Am I not merciful?
Ke Bender Ant

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

DeimosRising posted:

I assumed he meant current players since he didn’t name any retired guys. But I guess MKG hasn’t played in a while.

Ah, that would explain why Ruben Boumtje-Boumtje hadn't been mentioned yet.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Vox Nihili posted:

Whereabouts does everyone think the Nuggets will land this coming season? 4 seed or so? West is looking quite stacked

I assume the Suns will be good still (maybe not), Memphis will definitely be good, Warriors up there too (though they probably won't be as good regular season as last year). Clippers are a question mark that could be anywhere. Denver and Minnesota are probably a tier unto themselves that could have some range. Here's what I posted before:

Lockback posted:

Yeah. If MPJ plays and Jamal Murray is BACK then Denver is better no matter what. But I suspect those two things won't both be true. So then it's a pretty wide range. MN may take some time to settle in, and the chance of total failure is definitely not zero. So yeah, I think it's pretty close to a coin toss which will be better. Also would bet against Jokic having another near GOAT, MVP season again, though really the only reason I think that is it seems unlikely that anyone does that 3x in a row.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
This is pretty cool and the training resources provided seem like definitely the kind of thing I wanted when I threw my name into the ring to help coach a local little kid team:

https://twitter.com/cclark_13/status/1547568208156061696

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
yall seen this one yet

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/1547080611080421378?t=yelG22SY6-oJx_dsBjMd3A&s=19

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

"Earvin" Magic "Johnson"

:colbert:

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Grant Hill "heir apparent to Michael" and Anfernee Hardaway backcourt. Oh the things that could have been.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I think the West will be extremely competitive and hard to predict this season. The Jazz are likely the biggest drop, and if the Suns are roughly today's roster minus Ayton, they're probably falling to the lower seeds of the playoffs. KD trade locks them to top 3.

All the other teams that ranked 1-9 last year, I could see finishing almost anywhere between 1 and 8. Some strong rosters will slightly disappoint in the regular season. Generally I think some teams will care a lot more about the regular season and making a statement, so that might be the difference. I like Memphis' chances to finish 1st, Wolves in the top 4 (they're the new Jazz), Denver, LAC, and GSW in a tight battle for 1st round home court, and the Mavs, Pelicans and Suns to fight for the last 3 seeds for the chance to get out of the play-in. Blazers, Lakers and OKC duke it out for 9 and 10. Though if the Lakers manage to get Kyrie early and engaged (big if), they could sneak upward to maybe 5 or 6.

But I wouldn't be shocked if I'm completely wrong.

I think the top of the East will look almost the same, so Celtics, Bucks, Sixers, Heat, Raptors, Bulls, Cavs, Pistons. Followed by Hawks and Knicks.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Pistons are probably winning 25 games.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Cavs are going to be top 4 lock that poo poo in

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

verbal enema posted:

Cavs are going to be top 4 lock that poo poo in

I think I agree. Eyeballing it. Let's see the rest of the off season.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

The East Sixers will probably be a lot better, Bulls will depend on health. Nets obviously falling off.

I think the East will be pretty good, depending on health.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I'll switch out the Pistons for the Hawks. I didn't really look at the Hawks roster but it's more solid than I thought. Pistons might be a year away but I do like their moves so far. In general I think the biggest variance will be in the 8-10 spots.

I could see the Cavs as high as 5, but injuries any of the top 4 can change things in a hurry.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

This is pretty cool except they cut it off right as Walton was about to get going. Bi-annual reminder that the league needs more Bill Walton.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
Hawks gonna gently caress some people up this year, everyone is sleeping on just how drat good Dejounte is

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

i am a moron posted:

Hawks gonna gently caress some people up this year, everyone is sleeping on just how drat good Dejounte is

How good is his defense?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

iamsosmrt posted:

How good is his defense?

It's great against guards.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I had a dream the Pelicans won the summer league championship vs the Mavs

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Who are the All Three-Name-Player starting 5?

PG: Shai
SF: Kidd Gilcrist?
PF: Cauley stein?
C: KAT

Finney smith off the bench

Since KAT plays the 4 now, you could play him there with Metta at the 3 and Kareem at 5 and have a pretty awesome starting lineup.

Also don’t forget Shareef Abdur-Rahim off the bench.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

iamsosmrt posted:

How good is his defense?

Very, very good for a guard. I don't think he'll turn around an entire defense but the Hawks also really need some perimeter D so he'll fill a big need there.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

The Hawks have been such a glass-cannon of a team, I still don't see them ranking high enough to avoid the play-in but they should be fun to watch. They're so mercurial that they'll embarrass a top team one night and get rolled over the next game, I could see Dejounte dampening the variance a bit. But if they keep an unhappy Collins on their team, I'd think that would cap them.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

apologies if we've done this before but I have an enrichment activity for those who aren't at summer league. What is the best starting five you can make where each player's last name is the first name of the next player. I tried making two of them and this is the best I got so far. The second is obvious better (and more cursed for a 2nd round exit) but the first one has Moochie Norris which is always fun to say.

Moochie Norris
Norris Cole
Cole Anthony
Anthony Davis
Davis Bertans

Marquese Chriss
Chris Paul
Paul George
George Karl
Karl Malone

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
Doug Christie
Chris Paul
Paul George
George Carter AKA Dirty Dingus
Carter Burwell

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
This is incredibly difficult.

Jarrell Eddie
Eddie Jordan
Jordan Loyd
Lloyd Neal
Neal Walk

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
I feel like I should be able to make MJ work in this but I am failing

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I should have been clear on the 3-name team that I was intending for it to be current players only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

This one starts out a little weak (and maybe technically not valid), but I was mostly proud of working Allan Ray and Ray Allen back-to-back.

Ty Jerome
Jerome Allen
Allan Ray
Ray Allen
Allen Iverson