Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Space Racist posted:

Given how unfinished the game still is, I'm guessing holiday '23 before any new campaign content? (I'm that weird guy who finished the H:I campaign and has yet to play multi)

I did that too and even started trying to find all the crates before I lost interest. I did try the multi but I was real bad.

Unrelated, today when I play COD (on PC) the lobbies are almost all PC players with occasionally one Xbox or playstation person in there. This is the reverse of what it usually is and I wonder if crossplay got turned off for people or something? Takes forever to get a lobby now too (this is mw2019 not warzone)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Why is this Prodeus game not on xbox? Looks rad.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Beastie posted:

Why is this Prodeus game not on xbox? Looks rad.

Its on PC gamepass, and is rad (but also early access). I think its cause the devs are small and have no console versions at the moment.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Same with Norco smh

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Same with Norco smh

This game is pretty cool btw, I just finished act 2 and it's a fun little puzzler/point & click adventure. I live an awfully long way from Louisiana though, so ymmv depending on your experience with the area

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Pc is p cool gotta hand it to my pc

^^^

Lol keep playing my dude the last acts are wild

Barudak
May 7, 2007

webmeister posted:

This game is pretty cool btw, I just finished act 2 and it's a fun little puzzler/point & click adventure. I live an awfully long way from Louisiana though, so ymmv depending on your experience with the area

Its made by people I know and fuckin nails New Orleans weirdo niche stuff. I can't say enough positive stuff on that front.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1547435277559271425

E: It worked for me

Dehry fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jul 14, 2022

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Is soul calibur 1 soul blade or are those two separate games?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Soul Edge/Blade is the first game in the series. Soul Calibur is a direct sequel to it but they stuck with that naming convention from then on.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

All thanks to a litigious motherfucker who decided he had a trademark on the word "Edge"

Stopping his bullshit is one of the things that I like about EA.

Tsietisin fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jul 14, 2022

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Tsietisin posted:

All thanks to a litigious motherfucker who decided he had a trademark on the word "Edge"

Stopping his bullshit is one of the things that I like about EA.

Him getting so depressed over losing the trademark that he left gaming and became a priest is pretty funny.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

He's a real bastard for sure but his guitar work on the Joshua Tree was iconic.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

did you hear about the time Bono fell off the stage?

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

sounds like a beautiful day

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Ah, I remember that deal from earlier and people reporting the SC1 codes didn’t get redeemed. Did they simply get sent into the void? Odd that it has to be redeemed on a console and not on the web, must be some legacy Xbox backend stuff.

Also Bono and U2 are enemies of gaming, even though they put money into that weird Bioware/Pandemic partnership company.

ErrEff fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jul 14, 2022

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
Okay I need more internal space on my Series X. Have people figured out yet some homebrew solution yet to use all those heavily discounted m2 type storage devices working on this thing yet? I was hoping the xbox storage would go on sale finally but of course it didn't.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Just uninstall COD Warzone

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I have 20 games installed on my series x and have 400+ gigs free what in tarnation of a mess is your drive.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

post the vid

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

he was standing too close to the Edge

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

Blue Raider posted:

post the vid

I still haven't found what I'm looking for

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

ghostinmyshell posted:

Okay I need more internal space on my Series X. Have people figured out yet some homebrew solution yet to use all those heavily discounted m2 type storage devices working on this thing yet? I was hoping the xbox storage would go on sale finally but of course it didn't.

Just buy an external hard drive.

I have the official expansion card and an 5tb external drive and anything that's X native gets pit on either the main internal or the card and everything else goes on the external.

Unless it's something I'm planning to play that had series X enhancements, I run them off whatever drive they're on and it's fine.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

he was standing too close to the Edge

Omnikin posted:

I still haven't found what I'm looking for

well played gamers

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Why would I want to buy SC1 when I have the original disk on my Dreamcast? :smug:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Space Racist posted:

Given how unfinished the game still is, I'm guessing holiday '23 before any new campaign content? (I'm that weird guy who finished the H:I campaign and has yet to play multi)

You're not missing anything, the multiplayer is still very bare bones and boring. I'm so disappointed.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

FlapYoJacks posted:

Why would I want to buy SC1 when I have the original disk on my Dreamcast? :smug:

Disc rot is coming for your classic games.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

joylessdivision posted:

Just buy an external hard drive.

I have the official expansion card and an 5tb external drive and anything that's X native gets pit on either the main internal or the card and everything else goes on the external.

Unless it's something I'm planning to play that had series X enhancements, I run them off whatever drive they're on and it's fine.

I have a 5TB drive hooked up for all the xbone/360 games already. The series games are only internal and I’ve got about 100GB left.

Our internet sucks and every other platform it’s not as expensive to add space

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Hell yeah, Powerwash Sim is out.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/nibellion/status/1547615064793894915?s=21&t=D-ZCg5-ib963lEY52em7-Q

lmfao

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

John F Bennett posted:

I don't know what I expected but I was extremely let down by Powerwash Simulator. I got the final upgrades, got to the next level and had nothing to play towards. I think it was just a case of getting hooked by the upgrade mechanic, not the actual gameplay.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

John F Bennett posted:

It has online co-op!! hell yeah

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I don't know what I expected but I was extremely let down by Powerwash Simulator. I got the final upgrades, got to the next level and had nothing to play towards. I think it was just a case of getting hooked by the upgrade mechanic, not the actual gameplay.

It's all about the washin', man! the love of the wash!!

Dad sims are pretty awesome in their own way, although I couldn't get into lawnmower simulator

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Not sure why Skate is automatically DOA for following the same pricing model as every other game in 2022

Like, maybe wait to see if it’s a real game with season passes like Warzone before writing it off as a moneypit like Diablo Immortal?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

cos live service games are garbage op

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Failbox

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
Tony Hawk would have never let it happen.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

cos live service games are garbage op

MLYP

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

did u see tony hawk 5, buddy

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

Eurogamer posted:

Regrettably, Tony Hawk has announced a partnership with blockchain/metaverse/virtual world game The Sandbox.

This will add skating-based areas, and pixelly versions of Tony Hawk you can buy as NFTs. Confused? Here's a visualisation of how it'll look:

"What's up guys it's Tony Hawk, and we are building the biggest skate park in the metaverse," the skater says in the video. "You have never seen skating like this. I'll see you in The Sandbox."

You probably won't.

What is The Sandbox? "The Sandbox is a community-driven platform where creators can monetise voxel assets and gaming experiences on the blockchain," according to its website.
https://www.eurogamer.net/tony-hawk-announces-the-biggest-skate-park-in-the-metaverse

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I generally assume the celeb stuff is someone's financial manager being like "yo this NFT stuff is blowing up" and them being like "yeah sure"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Even if nfts were blowing up at some point, the hype has died down after a year and now it's just worthless blockchain garbage. All these corporations are both too late and too dumb to profit from it.

edit: literally everyone into nfts is dumb, not just corporations