Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i showed u my trash pls respond

Computer viking posted:

Also, let's continue into the next 90 albums, then.
The last one was #91, :birddrugs:

90/100
Ricochets [ :siren: Norwegian wikipedia ]
The Ghost of our Love (2003)

It may be time to mention Zoom/Urørt. Zoom was (is?) a project run by a bar/scene to find and promote new bands, and Urørt is a project and radio program on NRK with a similar goal. They cooperated for some years, and the most successful bands from Urørt went on a concert series run by Zoom. Ricochets were the Zoom band of the year for 1998 (before the Urørt cooperation started).

While it's not directly relevant to this band, Urørt lives on, and fills a vaguely soundcloud-like role in Norway: It's a place a new band or artist can upload their tracks, build a profile, and have a chance to be discovered and get radio play - and there's a shot at becoming band of the month or year and get more promotion. It's here, though only in Norwegian.

Anyway. I don't remember these guys, though I see some of the band members have gone on to also play in bands I have at least heard of. There's not a whole lot to say here, really - they're a band of who made a couple of records and split up, and they don't seem to have done anything too bizarre in the process.

The album is somewhere in the Franz Ferdinand and White Stripes direction; wikipedia lists it as "blues-rock and garage-rock revival"; I take no issue with that. It feels like something I could like, but the quick skim I've given it hasn't really grabbed me. That may just be a question of time and place, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PaNjng3x-Y

Album link on Spotify

yeah not super into this one, although you can hear it's definitely a product of it's time

e. hippo :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Computer viking posted:

Also, let's continue into the next 90 albums, then.
The last one was #91, :birddrugs:

90/100
Ricochets [ :siren: Norwegian wikipedia ]
The Ghost of our Love (2003)

It may be time to mention Zoom/Urørt. Zoom was (is?) a project run by a bar/scene to find and promote new bands, and Urørt is a project and radio program on NRK with a similar goal. They cooperated for some years, and the most successful bands from Urørt went on a concert series run by Zoom. Ricochets were the Zoom band of the year for 1998 (before the Urørt cooperation started).

While it's not directly relevant to this band, Urørt lives on, and fills a vaguely soundcloud-like role in Norway: It's a place a new band or artist can upload their tracks, build a profile, and have a chance to be discovered and get radio play - and there's a shot at becoming band of the month or year and get more promotion. It's here, though only in Norwegian.

Anyway. I don't remember these guys, though I see some of the band members have gone on to also play in bands I have at least heard of. There's not a whole lot to say here, really - they're a band of who made a couple of records and split up, and they don't seem to have done anything too bizarre in the process.

The album is somewhere in the Franz Ferdinand and White Stripes direction; wikipedia lists it as "blues-rock and garage-rock revival"; I take no issue with that. It feels like something I could like, but the quick skim I've given it hasn't really grabbed me. That may just be a question of time and place, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PaNjng3x-Y

Album link on Spotify

i like this one pretty good, although its not super compelling so far. i like a lot of blues rock stuff in general

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
AARD look up the Chinese Giant Salamander

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

:parrot:

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

my body hurt all over help

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Sid Vicious posted:

my body hurt all over help

do a we'd

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

have been lol

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Also just got done shadowing someone, officially out of the training course only phase. But don't have anything to do right now, so I'm posting.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

getting ready to play power wash simulator

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Zil posted:

do a we'd

do a we'd and eat an I've cream

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

AARD look up the Chinese Giant Salamander

not much Instagram presence because of being critically endangered unfortunately :( that last one I posted is their Japanese cousin though!!

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Sid Vicious posted:

getting ready to play power wash simulator

I'm just imagining your wife giving you a pair of ski goggles and being like "this is the most realistic washing simulator ever you're gonna love it" and then you're out there cleaning the side of the house screaming "I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW REALISTIC THIS IS!"

and a 200 year old mark twain is watching from across the street taking notes for an updated huck finn novel

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

TIP posted:

I'm just imagining your wife giving you a pair of ski goggles and being like "this is the most realistic washing simulator ever you're gonna love it" and then you're out there cleaning the side of the house screaming "I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW REALISTIC THIS IS!"

and a 200 year old mark twain is watching from across the street taking notes for an updated huck finn novel

lmao i used to actually power wash dog kennels at a dog food lab for a job and its a blast

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

i think playing power wash simulator might be the thing that would finally make me happy, it would be so SOOTHING

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Ruby Gloom posted:

i think playing power wash simulator might be the thing that would finally make me happy, it would be so SOOTHING

did you ever watch the new thor? I remember you said you would later in the week but I can't remember if it ever happened

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Ruby Gloom posted:

It came out of early access today on Steam.

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

TIP posted:

did you ever watch the new thor? I remember you said you would later in the week but I can't remember if it ever happened

not yet, i was gonna go today but then i got caught up in tidying things and now i'm on a mission to retrieve pictures from the worlds oldest and chonkiest laptop (also spent some time petting FATPONY who probably needs a name that isn't FATPONY)

Zil posted:

It came out of early access today on Steam.

you're killin' me Zil :ohdear:

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

wait...

can we all powerwash together?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Ruby Gloom posted:

wait...

can we all powerwash together?

It does have online co-op.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
up to 6 players whoa !!! now thats what i call gaming

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
*playfully squirts tip with power washer* *puts his eye out*

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

well i'm gonna blast out EIGHTY FIVE squarts, then i will a) find my controller, and b) purchase POWERWASH SIMULATOR

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
finger hovering over buy button ................

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

What kind of things can be power washed

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Ruby Gloom posted:

well i'm gonna blast out EIGHTY FIVE squarts, then i will a) find my controller, and b) purchase POWERWASH SIMULATOR

Degrease the squarters

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

All kinds of things

https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/256895946/movie480_vp9.webm?t=1657814451

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

a dirty bungalow i assume. so many dirty bungalows

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Ruby Gloom posted:

I got some bad news ruby

85 was yesterday

Ruby Gloom posted:

yeah you'll be on 90 cos i did 85 earlier

you're doing 90 today

I'm doing 95 :cripes:

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

TIP posted:

I got some bad news ruby

85 was yesterday

you're doing 90 today

I'm doing 95 :cripes:

motherfucker

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Ruby Gloom posted:

motherfucker

on the plus side

one day closer to rest day :tootzzz:

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Wow, that's certainly a video game right there

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

TIP posted:

on the plus side

one day closer to rest day :tootzzz:

one day closer to 140 and the rockingest butts ever known to goons

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Ruby Gloom posted:

one day closer to 140 and the rockingest butts ever known to goons

I've been considering a butt/leg photo shoot to celebrate

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

TIP posted:

I've been considering a butt/leg photo shoot to celebrate

it's just so you can show us your happy sad clown tattoos isnt it...

but i did admire mine in my new yoga pants, even if i did buy them too drat big :mad:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

every time anyone tries to discuss problems with the new thor and the MCU in the thor thread some nerds pop up to be like "THEY MAKE A LOT OF MONEY THEREFORE THEY ARE GOOD"

unfortunately I cannot resist the urge to respond sarcastically :(

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Ruby Gloom posted:

it's just so you can show us your happy sad clown tattoos isnt it...

but i did admire mine in my new yoga pants, even if i did buy them too drat big :mad:

loose yoga pants :lmao:

the only solution is adding muscle until they fit correctly

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Wow, that's certainly a video game right there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruby Gloom
May 8, 2004

TIP posted:

loose yoga pants :lmao:

the only solution is adding muscle until they fit correctly

they're not loose :mad: i think they're just not designed for short people, as the sort of.. butt crack area.. seems too high up