Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

Finally got around to watching Sorority House Massacre 3 (a.k.a. Hard to Die) and I'm pleased to report that it's the only movie I've ever seen which ends with a lingerie assault rifle fight.

Such a top shelf horror comedy, especially during the unnecessary shower scenes and the soaping up sounds on the breasts literally is just the sound of rubbing together styrofoam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
I've been busy and haven't watched much recently, any good horror movies released on streaming in the past month or so? Either Shudder/Netflix/etc original stuff or newer releases that just finally made it to streaming.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Faceless completes the Les Yeux Sans Visages/The Skin I Live In trilogy

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

gey muckle mowser posted:

I've been busy and haven't watched much recently, any good horror movies released on streaming in the past month or so? Either Shudder/Netflix/etc original stuff or newer releases that just finally made it to streaming.

Shudder got Mad God last month, The Long Walk last week, and Good Madam yesterday; Netflix got Incantation this week. That's all I've seen and really liked (or in the cases of Mad God and Long Walk, loved) in terms of brand-new streaming-exclusive releases; Shudder also got On The 3rd Day at the beginning of the month, but I'd seen that earlier in the year and loved that too, don't know if it's the release with the dubbing issues but it wasn't enough to take me out of the film at the time

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's definitely not horror but I guess it's horror adjacent but Peacock's got Northman. Free subscription if you already have Comcast anyway.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

Shudder got Mad God last month, The Long Walk last week, and Good Madam yesterday; Netflix got Incantation this week. That's all I've seen and really liked (or in the cases of Mad God and Long Walk, loved) in terms of brand-new streaming-exclusive releases; Shudder also got On The 3rd Day at the beginning of the month, but I'd seen that earlier in the year and loved that too, don't know if it's the release with the dubbing issues but it wasn't enough to take me out of the film at the time

I'm really curious about The Long Walk, I loved Dearest Sister.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

https://www.fangoria.com/original/let-rob-zombie-do-rob-zombie-poo poo/

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Good Madam is really freakin, uh, good.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

I'm really curious about The Long Walk, I loved Dearest Sister.

Wait, this is the Laotian film right? The Andre Ovredal King-adaptation didn't secretly come out already, did it?

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Chris James 2 posted:

I did see Mad God, I’ll check out some of those others this weekend. Thanks!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Leatherhead posted:

Wait, this is the Laotian film right? The Andre Ovredal King-adaptation didn't secretly come out already, did it?

It is. The first review on Shudder calls it "not a horror movie" so it's probably pretty good.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Baron von Eevl posted:

It's definitely not horror but I guess it's horror adjacent but Peacock's got Northman. Free subscription if you already have Comcast anyway.

This should just be blasted over klaxons and done up in sky writing or whatever we need until everyone has seen it.

Okay, Scott.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Comparing Rob Zombie to Kevin Smith is a bigger slam than anything I could ever come up with.

dorium
Nov 5, 2009

If it gets in your eyes
Just look into mine
Just look into dreams
and you'll be alright
I'll be alright

Yeah I feel bad now

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

Mad God is awesome. I saw at the cinema and was severely sleep deprived so it started to feel like I was dreaming and caught in it. Would recommend as a way to watch it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Karloff posted:

Mad God is awesome. I saw at the cinema and was severely sleep deprived so it started to feel like I was dreaming and caught in it. Would recommend as a way to watch it.

Man I wish I had seen that on a movie screen. Such a cool movie.

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

It was at the Prince Charles in London which is my favourite cinema. Often shows interesting things/older films and does cool all nighters etc.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Karloff posted:

It was at the Prince Charles in London which is my favourite cinema. Often shows interesting things/older films and does cool all nighters etc.

The PCC is amazing, and long may it reign.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Yeah, like how many people get famous and invest their money into evil poo poo. If we're gonna have millionaires, the world is better if they're using their money and free time to make grimy or goofy movies with their friends.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Showed my kid The Munsters trailer and he responded with a shrug and a "sure" so I guess that's not exactly the market either

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Timeless Appeal posted:

Yeah, like how many people get famous and invest their money into evil poo poo. If we're gonna have millionaires, the world is better if they're using their money and free time to make grimy or goofy movies with their friends.

"Rob Zombie's output is better than fracking" is still not a terribly ringing endorsement though.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
rob zombie is the neil breen of texas chainsaw massacre 2's

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Stink Billyums posted:

rob zombie is the neil breen of texas chainsaw massacre 2's

Thread title

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

Nah. Neil Breen knows exactly what he's doing. That's why I've never liked his movies. He goes into his movies making intentionally lovely movies specifically designed to be lovely and appeal to the "making fun of bad movies crowd". He intentionally wants his movies to be bad, intentionally shoots them that way, etc.

Compare it to someone like Tommy Wiseau, who in his head was genuinely making a serious romantic tragedy movie. That's what makes it so much better than Breen could ever do, the Room is great because it's 100% Tommy Wiseau's best effort and passion project and it's still so bad.

I can understand saying he's the Wiseau of TCM 2 (lol that's pretty funny actually), but he is absolutely not the Breen. Say what you want about Zombie, but he's nothing if not genuinely passionate about the movies he makes.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

i hate all of you except the poster formally known as #1 Fulci Fan :colbert:

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

RZ also has a $50 million net worth so The Munsters could bomb completely and not make a penny and he'd still win because he'd be fine financially and got to have a blast making his passion project with his wife and friends

i will not apologize for my triplepost or descent into madness

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

I just heard back from Rob Zombie and he says you've supported him enough as his number one die hard bannerman that he's finally gonna give you the secret formula to become a zombie as well, as a horror fan I'm very jealous

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
The tag for the thread is hosed up it should say horror or it may be acceptable to change the tag to slayer which is also acceptable but not repeat.

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

SlimGoodbody posted:

I just heard back from Rob Zombie and he says you've supported him enough as his number one die hard bannerman that he's finally gonna give you the secret formula to become a zombie as well, as a horror fan I'm very jealous

if ive already legally changed my last name to Zombie is my new name gonna be Zombie or Zombie Zombie

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I think Neil Breen is serious. He might be a jokester but idk. Tommy wiseau has leaned into being bad and has made the absolute worst things since then.

Breen is just dumb, rich and deluded.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Kvlt! posted:

if ive already legally changed my last name to Zombie is my new name gonna be Zombie or Zombie Zombie

Zombie^2

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Zombreen

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Wait are people hating on the Rob Zombie Munsters because he's actually like kinda sticking to the comedy/kitchness of the original?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Breen is 100% serious as suicide committed to his movies and thinks he is making Serious Art.

And I don’t have some kind of beef with Zombie and wish him nothing but happiness. However, that does not change the fact that his movies suck. If I’m wrong and The Munsters slaps I’ll be very happy about it because I get a good movie.

I just think that’s about as likely as my father being proud of me.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

CelticPredator posted:

I think Neil Breen is serious. He might be a jokester but idk. Tommy wiseau has leaned into being bad and has made the absolute worst things since then.

I've heard from the manager of the local theatre that screens breen movies that neil really is serious about his movies in all the interactions he's had with him.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Kvlt! posted:

i will not apologize for my triplepost or descent into madness

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Yeah I was about the say Breen really believes in his projects. Its Wiseau who sold the hell out.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Mooseontheloose posted:

Wait are people hating on the Rob Zombie Munsters because he's actually like kinda sticking to the comedy/kitchness of the original?

It looks nothing like the show and I’ve barely watched it.

It looks like a Disney channel monster high movie

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Kvlt! posted:

Nah. Neil Breen knows exactly what he's doing. That's why I've never liked his movies. He goes into his movies making intentionally lovely movies specifically designed to be lovely and appeal to the "making fun of bad movies crowd". He intentionally wants his movies to be bad, intentionally shoots them that way, etc.

Compare it to someone like Tommy Wiseau, who in his head was genuinely making a serious romantic tragedy movie. That's what makes it so much better than Breen could ever do, the Room is great because it's 100% Tommy Wiseau's best effort and passion project and it's still so bad.

I can understand saying he's the Wiseau of TCM 2 (lol that's pretty funny actually), but he is absolutely not the Breen. Say what you want about Zombie, but he's nothing if not genuinely passionate about the movies he makes.

That’s totally untrue, he is very serious and has a clear distaste for the “making fun of bad movies” crowd. He does not even like to allow his movie to be screened at a midnight showing. It not that he seems to believe he is making fine art, but rather commercially-viable, crowd pleasing, blockbusters. That’s what really makes his delusion so unique and interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

CelticPredator posted:

Yeah, Wiseau is really really good at making money, and part of that is being completely shameless. The second he realized people laughing at him could be profitable he leaned hard into it. Pay him $10 and he'll let you laugh at him, pay him $20 he'd probably let you spit on him. He owns real estate in SF and LA, to the point that he was able to drop a million on making and promoting The Room because he thought it would legitimize him and more importantly make him more than $1,000,000. He reconnected with Greg Sestero and embraced The Disaster Artist, probably only because Greg cut him a check and gave him a percentage of future revenue.