Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Is there a followup clip of Paige dunking on him harder than she does about the enema? I imagine she wouldn't be able to contain herself after all her puzzle failures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

MorningMoon posted:

Pat spends like half an hour convinced that anything times 0 results in 1

Something about that feels strangely familiar but I can't place it. Is there something in math like that that results in 1 that Pat is mixing it up with?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Oxyclean posted:

Something about that feels strangely familiar but I can't place it. Is there something in math like that that results in 1 that Pat is mixing it up with?

Anything to the power of zero results in 1.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Pat turns red from laughter a bunch, but I think this is the first time I've seen him turn red from rage/humiliation.

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

woolie malenia spoilers just in case he got her today- 87 attempts, solo/no summon ashes :hellyeah:

Yeah I stand super corrected, glad he did it all on camera, it was a real fun stream to watch most of live. Even if he basically said he wanted to do it off camera, or at least make a bunch of attempts. :v:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/maskofmichael/status/1547043460011761664?s=20&t=C1mQvFWSnHcZR4ao1czgEg

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

beep by grandpa posted:

woolie malenia spoilers just in case he got her today- 87 attempts, solo/no summon ashes :hellyeah:

Took him about 6 hours (spread over two streams) to do it too. And to top it off, some guy I think dropped like 60 gifted subs when it happens. I don't know how much money that is, but judging Woolie's reaction, it's quite a bit.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think that'd be like 250 bucks or something after amazon takes their cut

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Oh, ok. So nothing too crazy then. Because there's have been some absolutely insane donation for streams

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

MorningMoon posted:

This is probably the most important thing ever. Pat spends like half an hour convinced that anything times 0 results in 1

Still not as funny as Bolahgnah

https://clips.twitch.tv/TriangularFrailPuddingVoHiYo

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

MorningMoon posted:

This is probably the most important thing ever. Pat spends like half an hour convinced that anything times 0 results in 1
I wonder if he was confusing multiplication with exponents, since x0 is 1

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Whether he was or wasn't, no one around him is going to buy that as an excuse.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Counterpoint: If they didn't want it pronounced like that, they shouldn't have used those letters.

But it's funny how Pat's reaction completely gives it away that no, he wasn't just saying it wrong as a joke.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Going by the podcast Pat also seems to think that FFVII part 2 is going to end at fake Nibelheim for some insane reason instead of the one or two incredibly obvious points that everyone's already predicted

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Perfect Potato posted:

Going by the podcast Pat also seems to think that FFVII part 2 is going to end at fake Nibelheim for some insane reason instead of the one or two incredibly obvious points that everyone's already predicted

Pat and Woolie aren't the best judges of narrative pacing. Or importance. Or thematics.

They're bad with stories is what I'm saying

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Neither am I. It took people on this forum musing about the ending for it to click that Sector 7 should look like those landscapes of metal Wall-E was making in the first 7 minutes of the movie. Shouldn't even be able to see the ground under all the metal. It took us 12 minutes to get up to the top of the plate on motorcycles.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

The idea of the game being bookended by Flashback Nibelheim and Cardboard Nibelheim is a novel one, and these two aren’t known to let go of novel ideas for any reason, let alone better ones.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

part 2 will end in costa del sol with a shot of hojo in a speedo

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Woolie's approaching the final boss-rush in Elden Ring now:
https://twitch.tv/woolieversus

update: he beat SIR GIDEON OFNIR, THE ALL-KNOWING!!! and wrapped up the stream, actual ending is next week.

Kazzah fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jul 22, 2022

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Kazzah posted:

Woolie's approaching the final boss-rush in Elden Ring now:
https://twitch.tv/woolieversus

update: he beat SIR GIDEON OFNIR, THE ALL-KNOWING!!! and wrapped up the stream, actual ending is next week.

hahah i JUST got to the part of the podcast where Pat was saying August 23rd

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Really hoping he heroically manages to die to HOARAH LOUX, WARRIOR because I feel it's crucial to having a good time.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

He's gotta be like stupid overpowered/overlevelled at this point yeah?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

beep by grandpa posted:

Not really, because he's refusing to use anything but his fist. The only "overpowered" thing he has on him is bloodhound step, but no shield or summons.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Tae posted:

Not really, because he's refusing to use anything but his fist. The only "overpowered" thing he has on him is bloodhound step, but no shield or summons.

bloodhound step is far and away the most overpowered tool in the game for what its worth

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

doos posted:

Really hoping he heroically manages to die to HOARAH LOUX, WARRIOR because I feel it's crucial to having a good time.

I feel like that's a maybe but I think he's been using NPC summons, so Nepheli will probably be helping him. Although it's decent odds he'll just miss that entirely.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

scary ghost dog posted:

bloodhound step is far and away the most overpowered tool in the game for what its worth

Yeah but when he's using a weapon with 0 range, it mostly balances out

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
I forgot how hilarious Garrus getting the "gently caress the council think of humanity" speech in ME1 is. They go so drat hard

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?

beep by grandpa posted:

He's like twice the level I was when I platinum'd the game, but he forgets to use magic despite having int as his highest stat, and thinks any int weapon is overpowered because they... are very strong due to his own build?

So he basically will have a rough time no matter what. Bloodhound Step seems to be carrying him through the game like Nelson pushing Bart into the endzone.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Thanks to Pat I'm getting into FFXIV

Goodbye, world

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
drat you're already doing the stormblood raids?

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

Marin Karin posted:

He's like twice the level I was when I platinum'd the game, but he forgets to use magic despite having int as his highest stat, and thinks any int weapon is overpowered because they... are very strong due to his own build?

So he basically will have a rough time no matter what. Bloodhound Step seems to be carrying him through the game like Nelson pushing Bart into the endzone.

Hard time against what? After Malenia, I don't think there's anything that can challenged Woolie anymore. He beats the Godskin Duo as of the latest video. This is spoilers for the latest stream He two-shots, Gurranq, placidusax, and Gideon. There's just two bosses left. And the Elden Beast is more frustrating than hard, IMO

davidHalestorm fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Jul 25, 2022

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

yea if he beat malenia with no summons there's no more big roadblocks

edit: unless he just fundamentally misunderstands how to approach a boss or something, which is on the table :laugh:

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
The final boss isn't weak to his build like most of them . Neither Radagon or the Elden Beast bleed proc (hemorrhage), and frost either does nothing or very little. The last bit is hard to stay close to too which isn't great for fists. Idk maybe Woolie will use the smithing stone bell bearings and upgrade a bunch of stuff and change strategies... nah.

Brightman fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jul 25, 2022

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Woolie changing strategies? that'll be the day.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Except he does up change up his play style? In the beginning, it was rapier plus Glintblade spam, then St. Trina short sword, then Moonveil (briefly), then shield with one-handed fist with Hoarfrost stomp, which I grant you didn't work out too well. Mohg caused him to switch to two-hand fist with Bloodhound's step, which is a powerful enough to get him past Malenia and the endgame.

I, on the other hand, just stuck to R2 Moonveil till end game. Then R2 Wings of Astel for the Final Boss

Brightman posted:

The final boss isn't weak to his build like most of them . Neither Radagon or the Elden Beast bleed proc (hemorrhage), and frost either does nothing or very little. The last bit is hard to stay close to too which isn't great for fists. Idk maybe Woolie will use the smithing stone bell bearings and upgrade a bunch of stuff and change strategies... nah.

I really don't think Woolie will have too much problem with those guys. If there's one thing I learned from Woolie's playthrough and some others, is that jumping R2 is extremely powerful

davidHalestorm fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Jul 26, 2022

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
I more meant that at this point he's not changing, it's been a long while since Mohg.

Yeah, I didn't change mine too much after a bit either but I did cycle around my secondaries a lot, and also changed up things based on the situation and stuff's weaknesses.

Jump R2 is second only to charged R2, or crits which Woolie didn't seem to understand, but I don't know if he talked about it enough. Sorta seemed like he thought they were random chance and not backstabs and ripostes. The related talismans mix things up a good amount if you're using guard counters well.

You can also boost the jump attacks more with the feathered cloak. With that, the talisman, and I think a physick you might be able to beat charged R2 but I haven't tested it out.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

the fraud got it done

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
With the recent talk about Kotor 2 in the internet personalities thread I've gotten back into Woolie and V's let's play. Over the last three days I've been blitzing towards the finale and everything from Korriban onwards has been solid gold. We've had:
- Woolie positing that math problems are a mechanism of the Sith
- Sion going from mystery man to jealous wimp to psychotic manifestation of pain as a means of survival
- Woolie experiencing the Apathy is Death scene and being so stuck in his mindset of not committing to Jedi or Sith that it took him almost 5 hours before he could even process what it meant.
- Woolie's revelation during the confrontation with the Jedi Council that Nihilus and Sion were both born of the same atrocity that created the Exile.
- Kreia annihilating the Council.
- Handmaiden juicing up to the point that she one-shots Atris while a drunk Little V and Woolie go wild and cheer.
- Woolie realizing that the entire game was caused by Atris being a jealous tsundere turned yandere ex-wannabe girlfriend.
- Kreia's plan to annihilate the Force and Woolie trying to figure out what that means.

I've still got more episodes to go and I'm really looking forward to the HK factory and the confrontation with Nihilus. With the restored content mod the third act is way, way stronger than it was before and it's been a joy watching V guide Woolie along.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
Everyone can rest easy, Woolie threw Reggie to the ground, wrestled the controller away from him, and made his black short hair tomboy punchgirl femshep in ME2. The galaxy is at peace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Isn't wrex dead in his playthrough