Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it's like someone said the godfather sucks so the better crime movie to watch is ratatouille. they both have food in them after all. just an absolutely alien thought process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Shadow of war is kind of the perfect triple A game in that it is just hard enough to justify non cosmetic microtransactions but not hard enough to generate a sense of accomplishment for playing it but the setting and polish are good enough to sink a depressing number of hours into it if you don't have a lot going on in your life. Any way this post is a very convoluted way to say I installed shadow of war on game pass

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Larry Parrish posted:

Aren't you the dipshit that loves Bethesda games. Lol. Hey you should try out Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms. It seems like it has everything you want.

Many people love Bethesda games, and you also don't have to be an elitist prick about video games. You are much too old to still be like this.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Larry Parrish posted:

it's like someone said the godfather sucks so the better crime movie to watch is ratatouille. they both have food in them after all. just an absolutely alien thought process.

this is easily the worst analogy I have ever heard

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The fallout 4 of analogies

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i kinda liked Yakuza 4, i thought 3 was easily the worst because they hadn't figured out the combat yet, so everyone blocks too much and fights take way too long generally

WattsvilleBlues
Jan 25, 2005

Every demon wants his pound of flesh

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Shadow of war is kind of the perfect triple A game in that it is just hard enough to justify non cosmetic microtransactions but not hard enough to generate a sense of accomplishment for playing it but the setting and polish are good enough to sink a depressing number of hours into it if you don't have a lot going on in your life. Any way this post is a very convoluted way to say I installed shadow of war on game pass

Is Shadow of War 60FPS on Series X? I bought Shadow of Mordor and the 30FPS destroys my eyes.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

shadow of war and shadow of mordor are blasphemies

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i kinda liked Yakuza 4, i thought 3 was easily the worst because they hadn't figured out the combat yet, so everyone blocks too much and fights take way too long generally

I felt that enemies blocked nearly as much in 4, except Akiyama and Tanimura can't break guard as effectively as Kiryu (XYY wins nearly all normal encounters in 3), plus Akiyama's heat actions take forever. Also awful final boss, worst + most nonsensical story in the series, mandatory chase sequence every time you want to switch to/from Saejima in the postgame, same bad mini game engine from 3...not a fan.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Myself and a fellow goon have been having a lot of fun with MW2019.

Got me real hyped up for MW22

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Beastie posted:

I gave been playing it a lot because the warzone updates have been pretty bad, and the mw2019 mp is so great. They added some new guns I hadn’t tried so it was fun to grind those. Although gently caress mounted kills for getting all the skins!!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Beastie posted:

it really loving sucks how just about all support for MW19 got pulled when cold war came out. It's to be expected I guess, but it's better than cold war and vanguard combined

it started when warzone shifted from the classes in mw19 to the classes in cold war, and it was a bummer

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Beastie posted:

hell yeah

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I’m honestly contemplating getting the vault edition of MW2 just for the extra goodies. Although no idea if the weapon vault is worth it. The BP and 50 tier skips are nice though.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I played MW2019 a lot when I was on PS4. Never really did much with the campaign because the multiplayer was just too much fun.

I wonder if/when they will all come to game pass eventually should the Activision deal be finalized. That would be pretty cool.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

the campaign is dope

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

i wonder what being on gamepass would do to 15 years of cod game playerbases. couldn't hurt them, but i wonder if it'll help

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Alchenar posted:

My problem is I play this kind of game for the combat and on that basis there just isn't much of a reason to look at those games twice when Arkham Knight and Shadow of War exist. If you want a fun action combat game, it's Shadow of War. If you like the Predator sections and Riddler puzzles then play Batman.

Play devil may cry 5

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Blue Raider posted:

i wonder what being on gamepass would do to 15 years of cod game playerbases. couldn't hurt them, but i wonder if it'll help

I wonder if you will be able to bring your battle.net login over. Also do CoD points carry over to mw2?

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

priznat posted:

I wonder if you will be able to bring your battle.net login over. Also do CoD points carry over to mw2?

they (activision, maybe MS) seems to be so bought in to cod as a platform that i'd be surprised if the points didn't roll over

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Blue Raider posted:

they (activision, maybe MS) seems to be so bought in to cod as a platform that i'd be surprised if the points didn't roll over

That was my assumption too, none of the skins or gun blueprints, but the points were.

Kind of makes that ghost legacy pack a fairly pointless bonus (ghost sucks anyway, I never unlocked him as an operator)

Mummy Napkin
Mar 18, 2018
mw2019 is still a load of fun even if my preferred hardcore demolition playlist is dying

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I like how shoot the ship is permanent it seems, giving us what we want!!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Just started yakuza 0, and while i do find it super engaging and a stand out in presentation, the cinematics go on forever. I know I'm only just getting into the mystery, just got past the request for release segment, I'm worried it's gonna keep up the pace of a brief moment of control before another 20 minute scene.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

bushisms.txt posted:

Just started yakuza 0, and while i do find it super engaging and a stand out in presentation, the cinematics go on forever. I know I'm only just getting into the mystery, just got past the request for release segment, I'm worried it's gonna keep up the pace of a brief moment of control before another 20 minute scene.

Yakuzas have a linear beginning and ending loaded with cutscenes, but the bulk of the game you're free to do whatever. You'll be cut loose pretty soon.

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
turned on the console today and it asked me to optimize my external HDD by choosing whether it will stay connected to my Series X or be brought around to other consoles. I'm on the beta branch of the Insider program but none of the patch notes that I can find mention anything about this feature or exactly what it does. anyone else seein this?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

John F Bennett posted:

Many people love Bethesda games, and you also don't have to be an elitist prick about video games. You are much too old to still be like this.

speak for yourself grandpa. stick to movies tia

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Yakuza 3 is pretty great but is also the absolute worst possible point to start playing the series. This is my opinion (which is fact)

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
Anyone tried Madison? I've watched a lot of game play of it and it looks like it sucks.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

I tried playing that Something River game. Edit: Loot River It is kind of neat but it's really hard for me to untangle the right stick as anything but looking around and using it to tetris-slide the raft tiles is tricky. I will surely try it again later.

brain is kind of fried from playing baseball in the sun with the kids.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

A month or so ago, this came out. It’s a half life bioshock type thing, and I figured I’d give it a shot. Don’t bother and definitely don’t buy it. It sucks rear end.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
MW2019 was one of my favorite online FPSes in years. Warzone really soured me on it but if MW is still a big enough communities to still get games I might go back.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Goat simulator is the ideal game for kids who are bad at video games (like mine) because they can just gently caress around and laugh their drat heads off.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
I'm nearing the end of Yakuza 0. It's like seven years old and my GOTY. Amazing story for a video game. The best voice acting, and a great job of making the actors resemble themselves. I recognize a good handful. My wife recognizes a ton of them. Shingo Tsurumi (Sagawa) loving kills it.

Gave it a shot since I have a lot of time on my hands. That may not be the case for long. Typically, I have time to play a couple of long, story-heavy games a year aside from casual stuff and Switch with the boy. As much as I love it, playing through Kiwami 1 to Like a Dragon (let alone the Judgement series) is a pipe dream unless I pass up the next several years of other games.

Any thoughts on just jumping into Kiryu's last dance and playing 6 after this? Otherwise, I'm probably going to just hang onto this as an unforgettable one-off experience.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Jumping into 6 or 7 is fine if you want more Yakuza goodness without the hurdle of having to devote 10 months of your life to it.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
Cool. Gem of a series but I’m not ready to get my entire upper body inked for it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Going to get a massive portrait of Ameratsu on my back for the lulz

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
I'd at least play Kiwami if you can spare the time, at ~20-25 hours it's positively breezy for the series and it'll be a natural transition from 0.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

My PowerWash Simulator experience:
"Why the gently caress am I even playing this? How is this even a game premise?"
*20 minutes pass*
"Hmmm maybe I'll just clean one more object"

They just need some Fallout themed levels

strange feelings re Daisy fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
The slow rear end progression in Powerwash kinda killed the vibe for me. That playground is gonna take like 5 hours to finish and I’ll get enough money to buy a couple nozzles? Ugh.

Haven’t tried the soaps because of my dumb brain regarding consumables when I don’t know if there’s a finite amount of money available; how well do they work?