Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
here's to you
nicola and bart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
now you gotta make the most important decision of all

do you use bodies, or propane nightmares?

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Kenny Logins posted:

it's pretty great in retrospect but yeah i kind of hated it esp the end part, at the time

I forgave mgsV for the hospital as soon as it started listing the eyewear collection for the characters’ sunglasses after you get to Afghanistan.

“oh, so this is the video game equivalent of the Garth Marenghi quote about subtext, except played even straighter.”

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

warzone's team deathmatch is very fun and i like geforce more than i used to

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Kenny Logins posted:

here's to you
nicola and bart

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Kojima's a bit of a hack writer and wields subtlety like a sledgehammer. But if you want to experience a teenager-tier story filtered though the cheesecloth of anime and with a AAA budget, then look no further friend.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

how dare you claim that of the man who created a character, die-hardman, a man that does not die easily

i know it's a nickname in the game and I don't care, it's so ridiculous and i love it

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

if there isnt a death stranding mod that replaces die-hardman with bruce willis im gonna be loving disappointed

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Agile Vector posted:

how dare you claim that of the man who created a character, die-hardman, a man that does not die easily

i know it's a nickname in the game and I don't care, it's so ridiculous and i love it

I thought it was because his actual name was John McClane

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Armitag3 posted:

I thought it was because his actual name was John McClane

it's both. you learn the one at the beginning of the game and the other at the end

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

that's better than any backstory in the game. i'm a sucker for ridiculous and on-the-nose character names :allears:

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Hi I'm Bridges, and I deliver stuff from outpost to outpost, almost like I'm building er eerrrr

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

the hardman

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Armitag3 posted:

Kojima's a bit of a hack writer and wields subtlety like a sledgehammer. But if you want to experience a teenager-tier story filtered though the cheesecloth of anime and with a AAA budget, then look no further friend.

He's fine, he just needs an editor.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

personally i think if youre going into a kojima game expecting to take it seriously you're playing it wrong

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

the one that's a loner is named solo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
the best thing like that in death stranding is how the beer you can unlock is a porter

the best thing like that in any kojima game is the logic behind the name "drebin" in MGS4

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Armitag3 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaLiLRVeaZA

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

wow spoiler alert, guys, i thought the name was a reference to rigor mortis boners, but I had to learn the truth here in these very forrums :mad:

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

wow spoiler alert, guys, i thought the name was a reference to rigor mortis boners, but I had to learn the truth here in these very forrums :mad:

You're thinking of Deadwood

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Armitag3 posted:

You're thinking of Deadwood

:hmmyes:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/Dexerto/status/1548356788885635072

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/dust_congress/status/1531488786416386053?cxt=HHwWioC-vfy7-MAqAAAA

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

the frog is named Frog

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

the frog is named Frog
that's sir frog to you!

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

the frog is named Frog

exactly, how dare they butcher his name from the pureness of glorious nipponese! weebs assemble, we must start a(nother) project to do a proper literal translation and purge the horror that is the ted woolsey translation from this earth!!!

his name in japanese is the japanese word for frog

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
A thread in which Kenny nails the dunk and the_franz goes for a rebound anyway

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

haveblue posted:

the best thing like that in any kojima game is the logic behind the name "drebin" in MGS4

i hadn't played 4 but after reading why :worship:

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

his name is Frog, which means "Japanese Frog"

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
forg

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
him name nippon green frog

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Chrono, Ayla, and Magus is the party

Frog sucked

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
getting hammered at the prehistoric party with ayla… life goals

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Chrono, Merle, and Lucca. Starting three to the end (of all time and existance)

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

🤯

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

GOTY

https://twitter.com/leon3625/status/1549194819955990528?t=2c-84hqSRQ6kzi0CEIaYgQ&s=19

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Stray is now the most accurate computer simulation we have

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
cat-like typing detected

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/mickboettge/status/1549325670282514432?s=21&t=Yj2c4jtWhPs84RhQVpmCvA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
look out here comes my pspspspsps