Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo3rZjJB1hY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I think you were on a Forums Holiday when I posted

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I think you were on a Forums Holiday when I posted

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54VEzgkMMsQ

forums hamburger time

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

SmokaDustbowl posted:

hamburger time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msGvEtmR970

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

reminder that the cops murdered this guy

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
sry for being a weirdo but I'm a 2001 and it could totally be worse

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

pseudorandom name posted:

reminder that the cops murdered this guy

did they? I dont remember or hadnt read that

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

PokeJoe posted:

where did the cats pizza come from if the dog has a whole one

Do you believe there's only ever one pizza in existence at any given time?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
we are all one pizza adhering to ourselves subjectively there is no such thing as death we are the imagination of the one true pizza

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

echinopsis posted:

we are all one pizza adhering to ourselves subjectively there is no such thing as death we are the imagination of the one true pizza

i'll have a large samsara with extra cheese

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Radio Paranoia posted:

i'll have a large samsara with extra cheese

none pizza left beef for me thx

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

time is a flat bread

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

born to die
time is a flat bread
i am trash man

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

maybe if that lady would check her email or post texts once in a freakin while this wouldn't be such a problem

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

rotor posted:

did they?

yes

every single notable person who made it to national media during ferguson was stalked and killed in their vehicles the four years after

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

graph posted:

yes

every single notable person who made it to national media during ferguson was stalked and killed in their vehicles the four years after

huh

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ferguson-protester-edward-crawford-subject-iconic-photo-found-dead-n755401

quote:

The St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department told NBC News that Crawford shot himself in the backseat of a car while it was moving, according to two witnesses who were seated in the front of the car.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

yea real dark poo poo

if you have friends who are organizers, this is why they keep it on thr down low and you should be careful around their identity

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

KoRMaK posted:

yea real dark poo poo

if you have friends who are organizers, this is why they keep it on thr down low and you should be careful around their identity

like idk i'm not sure it tracks that he was somehow surreptitiously murked for his role at furguson. The other guy? yeah. This guy? ehhh idk man

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!

the convo with the cops and two witnesses in the front afterwards: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aeMCcCyuPeQ&start=54

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

just got this lovely facebook ad

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

:xd:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I tried ChromeOS on an old Thinkpad, thinking it would make for a good system for my grandfather but it's just so bad. No idea why someone would volunteer to use it.

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

akadajet posted:

:chome:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

unfortunately, the only use for linux outside of embedded systems is making more linux

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
memes

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

mobby_6kl posted:

I tried ChromeOS on an old Thinkpad, thinking it would make for a good system for my grandfather but it's just so bad. No idea why someone would volunteer to use it.

i dunno, if all you really need is a web terminal and maybe reading the occasional pdf or uploading pictures to facebook from your camera, then it's great for that.

we put a chromebox into my FILs place and it's been pretty close to perfect. no upkeep of any kind required, the only big issue early on was printer drivers.

if you need anything more than a dumb little web box though chromeos isn't really suitable

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

akadajet posted:

:stare: Is that laptop bending due to a failing battery?

Half the laptops at our office did that when the batteries inflated.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

they're called image macros

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

it's bending under the weight of :chome: os

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/i/status/1546325317157097473

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

CommieGIR posted:

oh my 2016 rmbp battery bubbled so hard it blasted the bottom cover off. like broke the little screws. I sent pics to our IT guy and was all "i do not feel comfortable shipping this back do you want me to bury it in some sand" and he was all "nah box it up its all good"

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

RokosCockatrice posted:

they're called image macros
:haibrow:

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

infernal machines posted:

unfortunately, the only use for linux outside of embedded systems is making more linux

linux is also for video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

oh my 2016 rmbp battery bubbled so hard it blasted the bottom cover off. like broke the little screws. I sent pics to our IT guy and was all "i do not feel comfortable shipping this back do you want me to bury it in some sand" and he was all "nah box it up its all good"

That guy is the reason USPS keeps getting more and more strict about shipping anything with a battery