Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

bob dobbs is dead posted:

like 20-90% of genetic disease is gonna be a thing of the past :shrug:

do you enjoy suffering for the sake of it? the other poo poo that's gonna come about is gonna suck but curing genetic diseases is unalloyed good

not in america, babby!

:bsdsnype:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

my chair is one i cobbled together out of broken chairs my office was throwing out

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

hbag posted:

i have fake yeezys that are actually pretty okay

a crocs enjoyer i see

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i just don't wear shoes at home because that's weird, and my lazy shoes are a pair of doc marten chelsea boots because they're easy to slip on and off. i just wish they weren't so heavy :( I should probably find a nicer pair with a thinner sole. love chelsea boots.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Cat Face Joe posted:

my chair is one i cobbled together out of broken chairs my office was throwing out

the steelcase of theseus

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

was going to play jackbox with friends after work but then realized i have no friends who would be up for that

plus i only have party pack 7

i guess i can see if yoscord wants to

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

I used to wear side-zip boots all day every day and they were comfy and fashionable. Now I don't go into the office or anything so I have a great pair of sneakers that I wear all day every day

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold
not sure which type I have, crossing my fingers in a hosed up way that’s it’s not the one with aortic dissections

Only registered members can see post attachments!

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Enderzero posted:

not sure which type I have, crossing my fingers in a hosed up way that’s it’s not the one with aortic dissections

looks like a ninja turtle fist

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

graph posted:

adidas cloudfoam flipflops crew

:hai:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

it is the promised land

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

CPColin posted:

I can't believe hdad hosed John Romero

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I have a pair of thongs from some Hawaiian brand and they’re very nice. I think it starts with a k

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

slides are only useful for removing any hair you may have on the top of your feet and then giving you ingrown hairs.

thongs ftw

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i wear reef flip flops. i used to wear the ones with bottle openers on the bottom and now i wear a different kind that has extra arch support

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

my last pair of reefs had a stash spot where you could put your id and bank cards. they were amazing until i lost my shoe, id, and bank cards in one go during while river tubing.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

A Wheezy Steampunk posted:

the steelcase of theseus

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

nudgenudgetilt posted:

my last pair of reefs had a stash spot where you could put your id and bank cards. they were amazing until i lost my shoe, id, and bank cards in one go during while river tubing.

this is why i cant stand those phonewallet things. you're hosed if you lose that!

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Achmed Jones posted:

i wear reef flip flops. i used to wear the ones with bottle openers on the bottom and now i wear a different kind that has extra arch support

love to open my beers with my bottle opener that has been all over bathroom floors

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

nudgenudgetilt posted:

love to take my debit card with me while river tubing

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
i got to hang out with john romero at ion storm dallas after a quakecon some 20 years ago and watch 'pitch black' in their theater. extremely nice and cool guy for tolerating a weird gangly teenager like me

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

graph posted:

love to take my debit card with me while river tubing

wasn't uncommon to drag out of the river for a couple beers or a bite at one of the restaurants/bars along the river. those places liked plastic better than soggy paper.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

https://twitter.com/asster_oid/status/1549769532268584963

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

bob dobbs is dead posted:

the durability of durable goods is why theres only one major cast iron pan maker in america and a bunch of tiny also rans and also why american attitudes about guns are hosed

guns last 400 years easy with care and still last a decade easy with poo poo care and yet the gun corps still gotta make their numbers. their answer was fox news poo poo

poo poo i never thought about it like this

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
c*s: :suicide:

going to have some water and just try to make it through today

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

nudgenudgetilt posted:

wasn't uncommon to drag out of the river for a couple beers or a bite at one of the restaurants/bars along the river. those places liked plastic better than soggy paper.

oh. our cooler got its own tube

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

graph posted:

oh. our cooler got its own tube

the correct way

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

cls: attempting to build up my credit score so I got my first credit card in ~10 years

made my first payment this week and my bank flagged it as fraud

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
nice

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
every 7 months or so my bank decides that my Google Fi bill that I've been paying every month for 5 years is suddenly somehow fraud and i have to call and ask them to let me pay my phone bill

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
cjs:

*server stops accepting HTTPS connections*
Me: "Looks like the SSL certificate disappeared. Started at 6:30 yesterday."
Coworker: "Well I was working with certs on that server, but that was at 2, so it couldn't've been me."
*an hour passes in this clusterfuck of a Zoom meeting*
Other Coworker: "It was you."
Me: *continues smugly eating my breakfast*

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

The Fool posted:

cls: attempting to build up my credit score so I got my first credit card in ~10 years

hell yeah im like a year into this. i started out with a really bad secured card that i put $400 on, then somebody clued me into the Discover secured card which is REALLY GOOD so i put 2k on that, and then timb threw me an apple card when i bought my air. Score's up like 100+ points already.

the discover is great cause you get cashback and if you pay on time for only 6 months you get your deposit back

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

The Fool posted:

foodle pics please

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

according to clearscore im not eligible for literally any credit cards (my credit score's like 475 or something?) so idfk how im fixing that

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Jonny 290 posted:

hell yeah im like a year into this. i started out with a really bad secured card that i put $400 on, then somebody clued me into the Discover secured card which is REALLY GOOD so i put 2k on that, and then timb threw me an apple card when i bought my air. Score's up like 100+ points already.

the discover is great cause you get cashback and if you pay on time for only 6 months you get your deposit back

when I started rebuilding my credit I got a $500 limit card with an annual $40 fee. I don’t think I’ve ever used it. I’m in the 800s now and I still have to pay that $40 because I don’t want to close the card because my average credit age will take a huge hit, especially since my student loans were paid off last year and my credit age dropped an insane amount. cool system!!!

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Enderzero posted:

when I started rebuilding my credit I got a $500 limit card with an annual $40 fee. I don’t think I’ve ever used it. I’m in the 800s now and I still have to pay that $40 because I don’t want to close the card because my average credit age will take a huge hit, especially since my student loans were paid off last year and my credit age dropped an insane amount. cool system!!!

lol yeah. i've got this stupid rear end opensky card for my first and its like 29 a year AND you have to call them (NOT GO ONLINE, CALL) to get them to stop sending paper statements, which they charge $4/mo for

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

hbag posted:

according to clearscore im not eligible for literally any credit cards (my credit score's like 475 or something?) so idfk how im fixing that

that’s what a secured credit card is for, you give them the money to hold so that if you default they aren’t out any cash, and they give you a card. it’s secured by your own money as opposed to regular unsecured cards where they loan you money that you promise to pay back

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
one weird trick for a high credit score: as a teenager, have your dad add you as an authorized user of one of his cards, for emergencies only. turns out "age of oldest account" is a major factor in the score, and now the credit reporting agencies think i have an account that's literally older than i am

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Achmed Jones posted:

foodle pics please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

sadly one of the reasons I have to fix my credit score is defaulting on a discover card, so they won't give me the time of day