Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

tarkov seems fun if you have a mate or two, i suppose. i noticed people on my friends list were playing rust again for some reason, big patch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
is vampire survivors like crimsonland?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1914580/Spirit_Hunters_Infinite_Horde/

this game was tested by Genuine Hilbos

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

vampire survivors is exactly like a dual-stick shooter except you only have a single stick and all your weapons fire automatically on their own independent cooldowns

the game is about crowd control and coming up with character builds that synergize well

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Kenny Logins posted:

is vampire survivors like crimsonland?

yes, but even lazier for the player

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

dioxazine posted:

yes, but even lazier for the player
hell yeah dude

all i know of vs otherwise is that it's a deece steam deck game

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

COUGHbuytheoneiplaytestedCOUGH

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

pretty glad i didn't pull the trigger on a steam deck, i haven't had much time as i'd thought to even play the ps5

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i passed on the steam deck for the time being as well. might get it later down the line, but for now i've already got other toys coming in

also i have three rpgs to beat :negative:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/multiversus/status/1550536907775426561

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

dioxazine posted:

i passed on the steam deck for the time being as well. might get it later down the line, but for now i've already got other toys coming in

also i have three rpgs to beat :negative:

imagine how much easier it would be to beat those RPGs if you could play them anywhere

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

pseudorandom name posted:

imagine how much easier it would be to beat those RPGs if you could play them anywhere

in theory yes, but i struggle to work up motivation to play anything but rimworld

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
vs is like the slimy hand reaching out from a pond to pull you under

similarly project lazarus is not bad

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

hbag posted:

COUGHbuytheoneiplaytestedCOUGH

:nice:

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
Into the Breach expansion is still good after playing it a bunch.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i got a steam deck

it's cool but the battery life is terrible. two hours of vampire survivors and you're done

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

oh electron is bad for power efficiency?

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

i finished the cat game, it was cool

not sure what im gonna play next but new hitman 3 level comes out soon so that's cool

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

i'm gonna try out horizons gate tonight

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/DoomsdayDave3D/status/1549887349894545408

how do you spoil a game that came out.p a decade ago god gamers are the loving stupidest

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
oh they deleted it

it was a post requesting no more spoilers for last of us (2013)

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Endless Mike posted:

i got a steam deck

it's cool but the battery life is terrible. two hours of vampire survivors and you're done

just got one too. doing stuff like capping the frame rate and setting the power limit can extend the battery a bit.

it’s very linux-on-desktop.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

bump_fn posted:

https://twitter.com/DoomsdayDave3D/status/1549887349894545408

how do you spoil a game that came out.p a decade ago god gamers are the loving stupidest

a lot of people don’t have every game console. it’s not like a movie that costs 4.99 to rent and you can watch anywhere

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
no videogame has ever had a story that was "don't spoil this!" worthy

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

no media has ever had a story that was "don't spoil this!" worthy

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

no videogame has ever had a story that was "don't spoil this!" worthy

i'd say Outer Wilds is but i know i'm in the minority here

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

but not on a loving re-release/remaster lmao

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

super Mario had a lot of twists I never saw coming

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

bump_fn posted:

oh they deleted it

it was a post requesting no more spoilers for last of us (2013)

i know there's story details and all, but once there's a sequel you start to draw some conclusions

lol

PokeJoe posted:

super Mario had a lot of twists I never saw coming

they soylent greened it by put super in the title imo

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

help. i'm playing rimworld again instead of v rising

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

what a time to be alive
https://youtu.be/qrhik3Fli8c

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i love crossover things
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beUbpiGNeVc

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

been exploring many planets in no man’s sky. it’s a good time waster game. haven’t done any of the story missions since re-picking it up after a year or two of not playing.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/DanRyckert/status/1550901998362443777

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
a good dad

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

as a dad who hasn’t stopped playing breath of the wild since the day it released,

:gitgud:

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

as a dad who hasn’t stopped playing breath of the wild since the day it released,

:gitgud:

serious question: what keeps you playing? after beating it twice (and doing everything except 100% korok seeds the second time), I can’t see where the fun (for me: discovery + collectible mania) would remain after 40 or so hours.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

MrQueasy posted:

serious question: what keeps you playing? after beating it twice (and doing everything except 100% korok seeds the second time), I can’t see where the fun (for me: discovery + collectible mania) would remain after 40 or so hours.

It's just fun and sandboxy. I mostly play now to do goofy poo poo like fly across the map using speedrunner things.

I 100% the game once, and then almost 100% again before I just got bored.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2N2V6zynOo&t=161s
^^timestamped

just lmao at this detail from shitware game GENE RAIN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue