Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Finally got the custom mount for Dooku's saber. Looks great. Even though this is an older release (the blade isn't removable) it's still a great piece. I might even say its delightfully slutty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

JordanKai posted:

Not referring to toys as being "delightfully slutty" would be a good start. Try to keep the horniness in check in general.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

:hmmyes: This is the one exception to the rule.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Tbf she is a fake fan, the sad boomer is right, she should be ashamed

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

JordanKai posted:

Not referring to toys as being "delightfully slutty" would be a good start. Try to keep the horniness in check in general.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but technically I used "delightful" and "slutty" as two entirely separate descriptors, and I feel both are completely reasonable words to describe that particular toy. Some may disagree. I don't think of "slutty" as a pejorative, and I feel like, for example, it would also be a completely reasonable word to describe this guy:

I have not bought Reno there, though I have considered it. You might say he does not pass the "delightful" test, but "slutty" is pretty much the main selling point.

I'm not afraid to admit that, occasionally, sex appeal can be a factor when people shop for toys. Or at least, appreciation for physical beauty in the many forms it can take. I don't think that's a bad thing. I do sometimes think it's very funny!

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Good god....

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
People have made sexy statues since people could make statues. Not really all that weird. Not pony-jar weird anyway.

I can see the spiral this will take and let’s just not.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Joe Fisto posted:

I can see the spiral this will take and let’s just not.

I could write thousands of words on this to be honest, the scourge of puritanism in the 21st Century and its role in the ongoing collapse of Western civilization, but I'm ready to move on.

I was only trying to have a laugh about a horny toy and an even hornier YouTube review of it, but now I'm having to defend myself against personal insults because people around here are too goddamn repressed to handle any mention of a booby.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s not the place for it

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Could someone at least change the thread title to "delightfully slutty" so that some good comes of this?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

No

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
BSS Action Figure Megathread VIII - Tough titties because they're made of plastic

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Wtf is happening rn

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
bet you people miss me critiquing a dumb godzilla toy in a rubber suit

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Wtf is happening rn

delightfully slutty godzillas itt

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Could someone at least change the thread title to "delightfully slutty" so that some good comes of this?

The current thread title can never be topped.

Boobs.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Wtf is happening rn

Some dude / dudette who never posts here decided to tell some who regularly contributes how to share an opinion, because they didn't like the way it was shared...

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I know what you all do with your Ninja Turtles…

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Post what you want, if some people cringe, they haven't been on the internet long enough. :sigh:

I'm looking to get a nice, but not ridiculously large case for my only Reaction figure I've ever bought, since the whole point of it IS the carded figure. Taking it off the card would defeat the purpose:

I've looked around and it seems like I have to buy this poo poo in stacks of 10, I have literally 1 figure -_-

Anyone have recommendations for a case, and any ideas for getting 1 instead of 10?

On Amazon I found 1 listing of a case I think fits it, for 10.99 when 10 costs much less -_-

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Post what you want, if some people cringe, they haven't been on the internet long enough. :sigh:

I'm looking to get a nice, but not ridiculously large case for my only Reaction figure I've ever bought, since the whole point of it IS the carded figure. Taking it off the card would defeat the purpose:

I've looked around and it seems like I have to buy this poo poo in stacks of 10, I have literally 1 figure -_-

Anyone have recommendations for a case, and any ideas for getting 1 instead of 10?

On Amazon I found 1 listing of a case I think fits it, for 10.99 when 10 costs much less -_-

This guy on eBay sells tons of different acrylic cases that are super nice and UV-resistant. I’ve bought from him for years, he’s legit.

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
You can just say you wanted to buy a toy because the character looked hot instead of writing a weird goony post to pretend distance from it because that's way less gross to read as a woman

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

This got lost in the shuffle a little with all the MOTU reveals and stuff at SDCC, but Neca had prototypes up for more LJN-inspired D&D toys, and they look great:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pOukFu8AQ0

In addition to a couple more super-detailed 7" scale figures, they did a convention exclusive thing where they made some actual vintage-style toys in the original scale, recreations of unproduced figures from the original line that are pretty well known from old promotional photos. That's such a fun and unexpected thing, to let people complete the original toy line after all these years, if they care to. I'm not that hardcore about it, but I respect what they did there.

I was a very small child when I got some of those old LJN toys, maybe four years old, and I have such dim memories, it's kinda crazy seeing that stuff again. The old package design and these familiar characters are dusting the cobwebs off some really deep memories. I know I had Strongheart, but literally forgot he had a name, I just remembered him being called "good paladin" and having to ask my parents what the heck a paladin is. I learned a new word! And then that little green guy, Zarak, I have sort of conflicting memories of having or not having that toy. It's likely I had it and lost it, I guess. Warduke was definitely the best one.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

FYI, I think this is a case of you get what you pay for. Usually the cheap multi-pack ones are made out of thin, flexible plastic like what you see on the blister card itself. It will do the job of protecting the card, certainly better than nothing, but it's not going to be anything like a high-quality, hard acrylic display case. Depending on what you want, a cheap one might be the perfect thing. Honestly the acrylic ones are a little on the delicate side, prone to hairline cracks during assembly if you're not careful, and if you were to drop that it would shatter. Whereas a flimsy clamshell cover is a lot more forgiving, can take a hit, and easily replaced if necessary. The expensive ones do generally offer UV protection. I bought one of those for my mint carded vintage She-Ra because that's like a museum piece and I don't want to risk any exposure to the elements. For a cheap toy where you're not interested in like long-term resale value, and just want to keep dust off it or whatever, you might not need that.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Mezco is going off right now.

Mullet-Man!
https://twitter.com/mezcotoyz/status/1550919012254613505?s=20&t=OX0pXc2t0ILuze40LtKsPw

My favorite 80's armor
https://twitter.com/mezcotoyz/status/1550933999455027201?s=20&t=OX0pXc2t0ILuze40LtKsPw

3rd Conan, King Conan
https://twitter.com/mezcotoyz/status/1551281370508546048?s=20&t=OX0pXc2t0ILuze40LtKsPw

A husky boy in spandex
https://twitter.com/mezcotoyz/status/1551296402579460098?s=20&t=OX0pXc2t0ILuze40LtKsPw

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Halloween edition Star Wars Black Series

these are target and Walmart exclusives, respectively. $27.99 each, yeesh.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I’m getting the trooper for sure. Halloween’s my favorite holiday by far and that trooper also comes with a vampire Porg, Beskar chocolates, and a ghost Jabba crate.

The were-Wookiee is pretty whatever, but I do like that Jack-o-lantern camtono.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yea I want the trooper too

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

SDCC Exclusive Gokus are live on P-Bandai right now: https://p-bandai.com/us

A little sudden but the ease of this method versus hours of refreshing last year cannot be overstated.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Yeah, I was able to order Lightning Goku, Pink Goku, Robot Goku, and Long Goku with zero hassle

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Just got my Mindbender pre order in Sao give it a try if you were didn't get it earlier.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Super Happy with (perhaps) my only purchase for the Super Powers series. A poster before mentioned Batman looking kinda lovely, but aside from having a very different face from the original Super Powers I don't mind it! Especially at the $10 price point? poo poo.

The one I actually hate is Superman. He has no eye? Only blue pupils? It's.. weird.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Jet Ready Go posted:

Super Happy with (perhaps) my only purchase for the Super Powers series. A poster before mentioned Batman looking kinda lovely, but aside from having a very different face from the original Super Powers I don't mind it! Especially at the $10 price point? poo poo.

The one I actually hate is Superman. He has no eye? Only blue pupils? It's.. weird.

Call me when they make a black alternate version.

No, seriously. Black and gray. Let me know!

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Nanigans posted:

Call me when they make a black alternate version.

No, seriously. Black and gray. Let me know!

I’m down for that one if you tell me when they make the 1989 Keaton Repaint, unless that’s the one you’re talking about. I don’t think it is.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Just got my Mindbender pre order in Sao give it a try if you were didn't get it earlier.

Weird, I was looking around Hasbro Pulse for him and never saw him initially.

Got a link and ordered one no problem after some online searching. He doesn't even show up on the search function on the site.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I missed out on the doctor, but I'm still hopeful that there will be a "standard" release.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

The Last Call posted:

Weird, I was looking around Hasbro Pulse for him and never saw him initially.

Got a link and ordered one no problem after some online searching. He doesn't even show up on the search function on the site.

Pretty sure he's a Pulse and Best Buy exclusive, no?

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

I've never bought a Marvel Legends in my life but I did watch the X-Men cartoon growing up. Did anybody post this yet? This looks amazing!

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Yeah baby!

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

This did it. I've had the Mezco Invincible Ironman and Stealth Suit Ironman in my cart a good half-dozen times in the past and just never pulled the trigger. Saw this tweet and finally bought them both so that Silver Centurion (which I will absolutely buy) will have some buddies to hang with in the future

This thread is terrible for my wallet. Just utterly relentless

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

thiccabod posted:

This did it. I've had the Mezco Invincible Ironman and Stealth Suit Ironman in my cart a good half-dozen times in the past and just never pulled the trigger. Saw this tweet and finally bought them both so that Silver Centurion (which I will absolutely buy) will have some buddies to hang with in the future

This thread is terrible for my wallet. Just utterly relentless

I just love that suit. I have the newest Marvel Legends version and the Hot Toys from Iron Man 3. I will definitely grab this one. The ones you just got are fantastic, they really nailed the armor in figure form. Though I didn’t get the stealth version… where did you grab it from?

I was lucky enough to get the first Conan and I have the second on preorder. This one is definitely going to get ordered as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Joe Fisto posted:

I just love that suit. I have the newest Marvel Legends version and the Hot Toys from Iron Man 3. I will definitely grab this one. The ones you just got are fantastic, they really nailed the armor in figure form. Though I didn’t get the stealth version… where did you grab it from?

Toy Arena has it for $70. Shipping is another $10 but it still comes out a bit cheaper than other spots