Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Friends they got the Bachan’s barbecue sauce at my Costco.

I made an unagi don style bowl with rice, sardines, the sauce, seaweed, wasabi, and pickled ginger. Everything but the wasabi and ginger was from Costco.

It ruled. PBUC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Soul Dentist posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with both of you

As in who goes to church to brag about not spending money

lol it was my third or fourth time at Costco in two weeks, sooooooooooo

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I just wish they opened before 10.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Cowslips Warren posted:

I just wish they opened before 10.

They used to, with early hours and free coffee and donuts for business customers, and later for executive as well. That ended at least 10 years ago, maybe 15 or 20.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://bitchinsauce.com/

im seeing a costco roadshow for B sauce, anyone know if they're selling other flavors besides chipotle not that I won't keep eating it but I still have yet to find anything but classic at other supermarkets

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
I’m sad because I can’t take part in the Costco giveaways anymore because I’m already signed up for everything :(

I do have 2 insulated shopping bags, the first one is way better but after many years of use it is starting to disintegrate

And the Costco insulated bottle

Wish I could buy another really good bag like my first one, but they no longer carry them even for sale. I feel a little forsaken

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I got a Costco portable water bowl for a dog as my sign up bonus

I don't own a dog

jimmy mnemonic
Jan 9, 2007

Fun Shoe
I picked up a boneless leg of lamb yesterday at $5 off. Only I've never made lamb before so it will be interesting to see how it turns out. Wish me luck goons.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
This recipe kicks rear end if you have the spices - https://www.outbacklamb.com.au/amp/ottolenghi-s-roast-lamb-sharwarma

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

lamb is good as hell. you can butterfly and score the leg to grill the entire thing in one go and then cut it into bite sized pieces to put in curry

Hutla
Jun 5, 2004

It's mechanical
If you want to go Sunday Roast style, cut little slits in the leg and put in slivers of garlic. Make a really sticky paste of more garlic, salt, oil, and rosemary and slather it on. Roast at a high heat until medium rare, it's amazing and makes great leftover sandwiches.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Kimchi is a classic pairing for roast Sunday lamb, I suggest Costco's Jongga (the one with two "g"s) brand

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

gently caress i forgot the kimchi

good thing i gotta go back soon to return a shirt, i bought a medium and am loving SWIMMING in this thing, gd

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

https://bitchinsauce.com/

im seeing a costco roadshow for B sauce, anyone know if they're selling other flavors besides chipotle not that I won't keep eating it but I still have yet to find anything but classic at other supermarkets

As far as I know Costco usually only carries the chipotle one. But when the road show hits your location they'll probably sell two or three other flavors for the duration of the road show.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

jimmy mnemonic posted:

I picked up a boneless leg of lamb yesterday at $5 off. Only I've never made lamb before so it will be interesting to see how it turns out. Wish me luck goons.

Got the same deal and turned the whole roast into a korma-like curry. So now I have a couple gallons of lamb curry and some Thai tofu curry in my refrigerator. So much curry.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
At Kroger (I know) the week after Easter they had organic boneless legs of lamb for $5. Not per pound, per leg. I picked up three only to find my wife doesn't like lamb at all (weird). Any disguise recommendations? I already tried an Indian yogurt marinade and braising it into stew. I love the Ottolenghi recipe and that style of lamb but I need to stealth it

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Jingleheimer posted:

As far as I know Costco usually only carries the chipotle one. But when the road show hits your location they'll probably sell two or three other flavors for the duration of the road show.

I've seen it at Whole Foods.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I don't think there's a way on earth you can legitimately mask lamb to trick someone into thinking it's another meat. Just eat all of it yourself.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
No not like pretending it's beef, just minimizing the earthy lamb tang.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Soul Dentist posted:

No not like pretending it's beef, just minimizing the earthy lamb tang.

I guess braise the poo poo out of them and discard the liquid?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

The earthy lamb tang is what makes it good though

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Lol I know. Braised didn't work for her so it's probably a lost cause and I'll do a sous vide just loving lathered in garlic and herbs, then grilled to mid rare, just for me.

I'll eat the rendered fat crispies and like a chunk of the salty end and then slice the rest for sandwiches because we don't share lunch like we do dinner

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

You could cut the lamb with another meat. So grind and mix with beef and pork. Then enjoy it as meatballs/burgers/lasgna

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Lamb (or mutton really) makes for the best biryani, which would also mask some of it.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Goodpancakes posted:

You could cut the lamb with another meat. So grind and mix with beef and pork. Then enjoy it as meatballs/burgers/lasgna

This is good but I don't have a meat grinder. Biryani is essentially what I did with the first one but it wasn't 'different' enough.

Went to Costco on today the holiest of days just to pick up a handle of vodka lol. Went earlier in the week and picked up the basics:

Brats are the only thing I haven't tried yet

FORUMS USER 1135
Jan 14, 2004

There are a ton of middle eastern dishes that use lamb if you are looking for inspiration beyond the normal roasting type recipes. I had Laban Immo this weekend for the first time - the boiling and the yogurt definitely got rid of any tangy taste and it was amazingly tender. I like to use neck bones and the shanks in the instant pot with chickpeas and raisins or dried apricots.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

yah could eat it with a yogurt if it's too lamb for you

the correct choice is to enjoy lamb for lamb

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I love goat biriyani and every time I'm at a place that serves goat/mutton I take them up on it. It's like a beef roast with extra flavor

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

The hard part is you don't even know what the meat is because at least in the US, it's pretty interchangeable I assume because it isn't very popular.

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
i had goat curry once and just assumed I was eating beef until the host/cook asked me how I liked the goat, so to me it just tasted like beef. It was pretty good curry though, if you weren't a good cook it might taste like poo poo, i dunno.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
went to costco and only spent like $110 was a good trip

Got the lasagna ravioli for dinner #yum!

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Wendigee posted:

I love goat biriyani and every time I'm at a place that serves goat/mutton I take them up on it. It's like a beef roast with extra flavor

:same:

i always look at other stuff but then i'm like "hmmmmm GOAT BIRYANI" :yum:

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Johnny Truant posted:

:same:

i always look at other stuff but then i'm like "hmmmmm GOAT BIRYANI" :yum:

its good poo poo.. its like a beef rump roast on the bone with more flavor.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Wendigee posted:

Birria if you can find it is awesome, but you can never go wrong with a simple curried goat, especially if they make it properly spicy.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Carne asada lamb any good?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Howdy folks!

So we're going through and looking to reboot older, still fairly active threads. Would you all be ok with rebooting this one since the OP is about six years old? If so, can someone kindly make a new OP and get that started?

Thank you!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

as long as hot dogs are $1.50

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

How did the op not get banned for being underage?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Howdy folks!

So we're going through and looking to reboot older, still fairly active threads. Would you all be ok with rebooting this one since the OP is about six years old? If so, can someone kindly make a new OP and get that started?

Thank you!

Seth, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

in the spirit of Costco and buying in bulk, leave this topic open and create ANOTHER one