Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

I couldn't stop laughing at the name "Richie Suck"

e: It was Richie, I shouldn't post right after I wake up :coffeepal:

manero fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jul 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’m a Lego nerd, and I knew exactly what knolling is.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
My nephew is 29 and I would say is medium functioning Autistic. He has an apartment in a facility for special needs adults that is staffed 24/7. He has a job that they take him to and from and he is pretty much ok functioning through life with that help. He loves movies and is pretty much all he talks about.

Anyway he starts every sentence with "Hey Uncle Lemur, guess what?" and ends every sentence with "Is that cool?" if you don't say that it is cool or good. The difference is, it isn't annoying, it is endearing.

Last night's episode was a good remind for me to call him.

We also started watching OFMD and I love me some Rhys Darby. He was a gem in Wrecked as well.

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Welcome to Jumanji!

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

I’m a Lego nerd, and I knew exactly what knolling is.

Neat! Why's it called that?

Mr. Nemo posted:

Disappointed at the first episode. I was hoping for at least a couple episodes before we were back to the original formula
Here's how I judge the payoff to a season-ending cliffhanger: f they'd have done the last episode of the last season and the first episode of the next as a two-parter, would it have felt like one story?

This did not.

But the episodes were still good, so gently caress it.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

LividLiquid posted:

Neat! Why's it called that?

Allegedly:

quote:

The word ‘knolling’, which literally means organizing objects at right angles, was first used in 1987 by Andrew Kromelow, a janitor at Frank Gehry’s furniture fabrication shop. Kromelow used to arrange his displaced tools at right angles on all surfaces, and called this routine knolling, because the tools were arranged in right angles — similar to Knoll furniture.
https://medium.com/@Lyst/your-favorite-insta-aesthetic-has-an-unexpected-history-a929e078d4ea

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lot of puppets in this episode.

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

Extremely on brand for Bug Mane to get some Darth Maul references in.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
I loved all the little puppets and weird creatures and "Stop hiding behind Greg!"

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Holy crap this is one of my tics. I had no idea!

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I thought that episode was a lot of fun and loved the Night Market and the gnomes!! :3:

Also I feel bad for Marwa and hope she runs off with the djinn or something

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
My god the shoeshine gnome was so cute, such good 80s fantasy energy. Maybe my favorite episode so far this season. Natasia Demetriou has always been great but she's really being given a chance to shine and just vamping it up as much as possible.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

HOLY gently caress posted:

I thought that episode was a lot of fun and loved the Night Market and the gnomes!! :3:

Same, she really needs to leave her terrible Vampire fiancé and go study astrophysics or something.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"It gets heavy from here...." is a hell of an understatement. :stare:

Wonderful closing, loved the energy of the Night Market and how much weird poo poo they threw out there for what is presumably a one-and-done.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jul 27, 2022

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
The announcer at the fight was amazing. "He's phantom menacing!"

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

My wife and I have been quoting "[subject] is the lowest of all entertainment. It’s a gutter pantomime, performed by halfwits with painted faces. ENJOYED! By lower wits!" all week. Great season so far!

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

grittyreboot posted:

Did we get confirmation that Guillermo was gay before this? I know he rejected The Guide last season, but I assumed he was maybe intimidated.
What, Harvey going on Dragula wasn't enough for you?

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Baby Colin Robinson looks so freaky

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Oasx posted:

Baby Colin Robinson looks so freaky

Last season, he said his mother was still around and kicking right?

I'm kinda curious to meet the mother of Colin Robinson.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Loved the old Bloor line rolling stock lmao

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ChesterJT posted:

The announcer at the fight was amazing. "He's phantom menacing!"

I love how utterly open in his disdain he was and how it STILL worked to get the crowd pumped up.

"Okay he's having an asthma attack now...."

Guillermo gently but firmly explaining to the grandma familiar that he was going to give her glasses to her master so she wouldn't try and fight more, and the vampire shielding his face in humiliation as he lead her out of the crowd :allears:

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I don't super love this show, but that episode was pretty good.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Throwaway line towards the beginning cracked me up. After the guy on the subway played his fart song and let them off, somebody asked if he was taking requests, he said "uhh not for a couple hours"

nopants
May 29, 2004
kill your friend! kill your friend!

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

HOLY gently caress posted:

Does she even know he's a vampire, and that her becoming one is part of the deal? I can't recall if in universe his 37 wives were in the know about him being a vampire before they died, and they didn't seem to talk about it after they were resurrected.

Also LOL that they don't just ask the Djinn to repair the house instantly, or use the wraiths. But them missing obvious solutions to their problems is a hallmark of the characters. Also the Djinn would either restore it to base materials like live trees and cans of paint, or Nadja would find out about the Djinn and berate Nandor about "have your stupid bloody Djinn fix the house" and when Nandor makes the wish, the Djinn would be "sorry, you already used all your wishes."

And Guillermo just looks at the camera.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

How many wishes does he have left at this point? It can't be many.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

*pen click*

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
I wonder if the Djinn is even all that malicious - sure, he tweaked Nandor's penis wish slightly, but Nandor kinda had that one coming. He's been pretty above-board with all of the other wishes so far.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

DaveWoo posted:

I wonder if the Djinn is even all that malicious - sure, he tweaked Nandor's penis wish slightly, but Nandor kinda had that one coming. He's been pretty above-board with all of the other wishes so far.

Well he was going to give everyone else on Earth a micropenis

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He probably isn't twisting Nandor's other wishes because he already knows they're bad wishes on their face.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Yeah, you don't really need to play tricks on someone to sabotage their desires when the person in question is already a gigantic moron and you're just enabling them.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

I get more of a “fed up with my dumbass boss” vibe from him rather than anything malicious

…at least so far, anyway!

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

muscles like this! posted:

He probably isn't twisting Nandor's other wishes because he already knows they're bad wishes on their face.

Gwaihir posted:

Yeah, you don't really need to play tricks on someone to sabotage their desires when the person in question is already a gigantic moron and you're just enabling them.
Yeah that's what I was figuring too

Despite that I felt like he wasn't all that malicious anyway, it seems like he wasn't really thinking of how to monkeys-paw the wishes until Nandor and Guillermo got paranoid about it and trying to outwit him. Then he seemed to treat it more like a fun game

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

That Djinn is a crafty opponent, Guillermo should have seen it coming!

I like how Nandor's wishes are so stupid that even the djinn is asking him if that's what he really wants.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

He gives all the first wishes without problem, saving the hijinks for the inevitable "big penis" wish. Happens every time.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
The way the djinn leapt in with a perfectly timed "Is that your wish?" right in the middle of Nandor's rant had me dying

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The familiar fight club should’ve been it’s own episode.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
Hey so about that vase Nadja bartered. The one she found in Nandor's room...

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Flyinglemur posted:

What about it? Is it secretly something cool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

Flyinglemur posted:

I expected that to come up again, maybe it will in a later episode.