Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

does pinhole run on x86 platforms? because I have no raspberry pi’s laying around but tons of small pc’s

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

KoRMaK posted:

its a small square that you only see when you switch inputs. on principle its pretty annoying but practically speaking it was definitely the better buy than the lg oled that would have definitely suffered burn in from me falling asleep with sekiro paused on it

i thought oleds were one of the best wrt burn in? a cheaper lcd is better? either way good job in talking yourself out of the lords light that is oled

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

rotor posted:

new rotorwife just dropped

i see a face but can't tell if she's coming or going

Base Emitter
Apr 1, 2012

?

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

does pinhole run on x86 platforms? because I have no raspberry pi’s laying around but tons of small pc’s

i think so. mine's on an actual (old) pi but there's nothing pi specific and the website for it talks about running it on other platforms.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Nuts and Gum posted:

i thought oleds were one of the best wrt burn in? a cheaper lcd is better? either way good job in talking yourself out of the lords light that is oled

Oleds have super bad burn in, or used to anyway.

Samsung uses their own weirdo poo poo called qled which seems pretty good tbh, though it doesn't support Dolby vision. it's also like a quarter of the price.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

lol drat my TV is querying Samsung domains even while on standby, idk why I'm surprised at all!

also genuinely impressed that pihole runs on a something like 8-10 year old raspberry pi model 1 b that's being powered off the usb out on the router.

:yosnice:

Base Emitter posted:

yeah the impressive bit is the web ui without gigabytes of JS dependencies.

that and that it's not bloated despite gaining more complexity. there's been a (i think) react rewrite in the works for ages but who cares, it runs fine

oh god I remember this now. It was bad enough they started selling "official" power adapters because the ones people were using were crapping out all the time

ironically, the hp touchpad and wireless touchpad touchstone usb adapters were one of the best options because they were 5.3v 2a and very stable. i ran two raspis for ages on them

yummycheese
Mar 28, 2004

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

theres a docker container option, so you can slam it on a synology or any other small mini pc.

might create fun chicken and egg style problem if it stops being dhcp/dns sever and you need to reboot other gear, but this home. not production

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

I'm running it on an old laptop on debian. Also can confirm my tv is slamming the poo poo out of samsung ad server domains

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

yummycheese posted:

might create fun chicken and egg style problem if it stops being dhcp/dns sever and you need to reboot other gear, but this home. not production

that's what ya need a second spare pc for! i got off my rear end and setup a second pi-hole on an older pi and it paid off when the newer one had a hiccup

https://i.imgur.com/XVwN12E.mp4

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Samsung uses their own weirdo poo poo called qled which seems pretty good tbh, though it doesn't support Dolby vision. it's also like a quarter of the price.

the newer panels don't burn in like the OG ones and all the manufactures use active mitigation stuff to avoid even that. they will burn in if you leave them on a single static image for hundreds of hours (cumulative), but it takes a lot of abuse to be noticeable.

qled is just samsung's branding for led backlit lcds with quantum dots. a number of manufacturers make them, lg calls theirs' "nanocell". it doesn't do anything for black levels or ghosting though

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

yummycheese posted:

theres a docker container option, so you can slam it on a synology or any other small mini pc.

i literally did exactly this when i first got my synology. put pihole on as a docker container. well the synology comes up first, dhcp's for dns to a (not started yet) server, fails, and wont start docker containers if it doesnt get an IP
solved it by pointing the syno itself to the router, i dont care if the NAS is piholed

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

when i was a kid i had a toy wolf. he was my favorite. now almost 30 years later, that same wolf is little jones's favorite. he needed a wash today

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

KoRMaK posted:

gonna go rollerblade instead. outside

they look so gooooood. i wore them for like 6 hours this evening. thinking about building a half pipe in the backayard this summer

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Cool rollerblades and cool phalaenopsis!

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

oh right, mine is a qled. which, i dunno tech stuff from your perspective but all i know is that the lg oled would have resulted in burn in, but the qled samsung i have is basically the same and no burn in. i think i sacrafice a little bit of the deepest black tones, but i have two friends who have lg oleds and have spent many hours looking at theirs and mine and literally, when mine is playing an hdr movie you cant tell that its on. no backlight, nothing, so for my eyes, the oled is like 4% better than the smasung qled.

at that point, what is the loving difference. i also got a 3080 evga. again, 3 or 4th best is a very nice price point

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

aw frig aw dang it posted:

Cool rollerblades and cool phalaenopsis!
i rescued them!!! they lost all their petals and i think ive had them for 15 months and they are fully in bloom! my new place has soooo much indirect light bouncing around in it. we are both very happy.

thank you for noticing :)

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux6Koa6-pL4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUeCIVv8-Dk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoL8X2909GM&t=11s

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

KoRMaK posted:

i rescued them!!! they lost all their petals and i think ive had them for 15 months and they are fully in bloom! my new place has soooo much indirect light bouncing around in it. we are both very happy.

thank you for noticing :)

Thanks for sharing and oh my gosh nice work getting them to re-bloom! Phals are such lovely plants and yours are obvs very happy!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
checked in on stuff i havent checked in a while and huh i guess k2 doesnt make aggro skates anymore

i have my 150s still somewhere

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

are we still in the same zip code?

there is a pump track off the erie canal tow path (near the big dick interceptor) and im thinking about going to the crooked river skate park which is next to the bike co-op, right next to hooples tomorrow morning before work

leg day is now a day to drop in

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i am not attaching rolling wheels on this brittle body

it was fine when i was 22

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

when she love's nibbling on ur psoriasis

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Achmed Jones posted:

when i was a kid i had a toy wolf. he was my favorite. now almost 30 years later, that same wolf is little jones's favorite. he needed a wash today

good dog

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

yeah it does, i’ve run it on all sorts of poo poo. currently running in a docker on my lan

it will run on a debian derived linux so if your thing can run that it can run pihole

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

3D Megadoodoo posted:

when she love's nibbling on ur psoriasis

lol

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

how to setup tv:

game mode: on
everything else: off
internet: no

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

KoRMaK posted:

they look so gooooood. i wore them for like 6 hours this evening. thinking about building a half pipe in the backayard this summer

nice. I've never skated aggressives, but my 4x80s and 3x110s are absolutely beat to poo poo lol

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

love me some brutalism

took this the other day:

noice

https://twitter.com/DrAlakbarov/status/1551862717153148931
https://twitter.com/DrAlakbarov/status/1551862986138128385
https://twitter.com/DrAlakbarov/status/1551864835499073541

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Gentle Autist posted:

yeah it does, i’ve run it on all sorts of poo poo. currently running in a docker on my lan

it will run on a debian derived linux so if your thing can run that it can run pihole

guess i gotta pi my hole soon. if the setup relatively easy i should set one up at my parent's place, reduce how often they click on ads lol

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

these own, wanna go take some pics but for some reason i don't think going would be a great idea

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Beeftweeter posted:

these own, wanna go take some pics but for some reason i don't think going would be a great idea

How so, are you a hitler or something?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

How so, are you a hitler or something?

im the one that killed the gmail crab

AlbertFlasher
Feb 14, 2006

Hulk Hogan and the Wrestling Boot Band

lol

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

PSA you can buy a book listing these published by https://www.spomenikdatabase.org/

I have it, it's cool.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Beeftweeter posted:

the balkan states are fine now I mean they're poor and corrupt but you'd probably be more at risk in greece or italy

I think the main issue is that most of these are in the middle of nowhere so you'd spend 90% of the trip driving and hoping the conditions were good for photos the moment you were there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe