Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Please keep all your Xenoblade Chroicles 3 spoilers in this thread, for now at least. Here is the leaked photo that kicked it all off in the other thread:

VanillaGorilla posted:

Lol leaks from the cutscenes are out. I’m sorry, I can’t not post this poo poo but heavy spoiler for XC2 and kind of minor spoiler for XC3 (because it’s already been heavily inferred by the community to an extent):

LMAO Xenoblade Chronicles confirmed most horny game series on main 2022

Spoil away!

Edit: you can post here without spoiler tags, that’s the point of a spoiler thread! Don’t read this thread if you don’t want to be spoiled!

Blackbelt Bobman fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Aug 22, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

game good

Hibbloes
Jun 9, 2007
Yo

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Please keep all your Xenoblade Chroicles 3 spoilers in this thread, for now at least. Here is the leaked photo that kicked it all off in the other thread:

Spoil away!

"I love you, and all you guys!" wasn't inspirational, it was a threat

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

queeb posted:

game good

About 15h in and I feel pretty good about putting it in the top 5 for this (anemic) year.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

i just did a chain attack and had it come back around a few times and one of the people that came back had 215TP lol, loving insane.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I still hold to my crackpot theory that the masked women are not Nia and Melia but some sort of Gazel Ministry-like Nia and Melia.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

god drat i love this ability mixing poo poo. i put multi impact from the war medic that does an aoe heal, on my big impact hit from ogre, now i smash and blast aoe heals out. fuckin love it

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Oh my god who the gently caress decided monster drops needed to have three tiers of rarity and then made crafting gems require a precise rarity level, without being able to downscale? This is bullshit. I have like 15 rare Moramora Bezoars but noooo the gem requires a COMMON one, which I inexplicably have zero of.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

well the yumsmith is officially my favorite class so far, god drat

edit: some of these accessories are fuckin insane. like adding a flat 11% to my crit, taking me from 19% to 30% on my attacker and stuff.

holy gently caress (post water escape in zone 3 cutscene big spoilers) that entire cutscene, with the other form reveals was loving what. insane

queeb fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jul 27, 2022

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

queeb posted:

well the yumsmith is officially my favorite class so far, god drat

edit: some of these accessories are fuckin insane. like adding a flat 11% to my crit, taking me from 19% to 30% on my attacker and stuff.

holy gently caress (post water escape in zone 3 cutscene big spoilers) that entire cutscene, with the other form reveals was loving what. insane

Agreed Yumsmith is great, especially the outfit.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I was just glad Yumsmith had a transferrable Break art so I wasn't stuck with someone in Swordfighter if I wanted to do combos at all.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

What actually determines when a class unlocks for a character? I’ve had one stuck at the last sliver for a “B” ranked character for a while. I’m using the hero in my party and it just doesn’t seem to be moving.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

maktha wildwood eh, wonder what thats supposed to be named after

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

VanillaGorilla posted:

What actually determines when a class unlocks for a character? I’ve had one stuck at the last sliver for a “B” ranked character for a while. I’m using the hero in my party and it just doesn’t seem to be moving.

Just number of fights or maybe enemies, but importantly they need to be at-level enemies. Can't fight things too far below your level, gets you zero progress on class unlocks. No, I don't think the game tells you this anywhere. Yes, this is in the same game that decided to not have leveling down anymore.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
When you've been playing for 60 hours and get to a new area possibly as big as the entire game up until that point :aaaaa:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Speaking of area size jesus they made them big this time around. The second zone you go to really just keeps going. It has three colonies in it! Three!

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Finally got a fuckin run speed boost, dang they're thrifty with giving them out. This colony after like 40 hours only has 1.

Do I get a car later

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

the gently caress is art followup

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

queeb posted:

the gently caress is art followup

No one knows. Biggest mystery in the gane right now. Also if you look in the party skills menu you'll see there's only two total run speed boosts for some reason.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Infinity Gaia posted:

No one knows. Biggest mystery in the gane right now. Also if you look in the party skills menu you'll see there's only two total run speed boosts for some reason.

gently caress

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Art Follow Up makes your character automatically do a kinda dinky follow up green orb attack whenever they do an Art in the circle.

Asherah is the best character in this game.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

queeb posted:

Do I get a car later

lol, lmao

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I can't believe Xenoblade 3 literally has a co-ed bathing/shower cutscene and there was not a single anime trope in it. Its played completely serious, and is a really good character development moment for the beginning of the game.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
Chapter 5 loving lol at Taion losing his poo poo touching a baby and then “Who wants to learn how babies are made.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
chapter 2: really REALLY hope you get noah's sword+gauntlet as a class later.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Chapter 5 side quest Hero: lol Triton loving owns love this weirdo pirate traitor man. Love how his intro is just him confusing everyone.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

Chapter 5 side quest Hero: lol Triton loving owns love this weirdo pirate traitor man. Love how his intro is just him confusing everyone.

I love how he's just a giant Xenogears reference too. Man of the sea indeed.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The class is absolutely nuts too, can't believe they hid a pirate-themed blue mage with completely unique mechanics like 80 hours into the game.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Noah's Ouroboros: I have a sword that I can ride like a surfboard!
Mio's Ouroboros: I'm really fast, so fast that I leave afterimages!
Lanz's Ouroboros: My knuckles make shields that also shoot lasers!
Sena's Ouroboros: Giant hands that turn into a hammer!
Eunie's Ouroboros: I have a giant laser gun, and also feathers I can shoot!

And then there's Taion with his do-anything paper dolls. He can make fake copies of himself! He can fake other things, too! Shields! Binding! Saving falling people! Attacking the enemy! What doesn't it do?

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Boy the end of chapter 5 sure had me openly weeping. FFXIV no longer has a monopoly on Catgirl Tragedy.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

HellOnEarth posted:

Boy the end of chapter 5 sure had me openly weeping. FFXIV no longer has a monopoly on Catgirl Tragedy.

Poor M. She deserved so much better. It did solidify N as one of the best antagonists in the series for me though.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
:siren: Endgame story spoilers do not click if you haven't beaten the game :siren: anyone else having trouble going back and completing side quests given how things pan out? Also I'm worried the DLC will be a prequel about the founders and not an epilogue because I'm a big dumb baby and even though the game itself is telling me that wanting the world to go on forever is exactly what N was trying to do and I should just let Aionis go I still want it back

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
for sure yeah, now I'll just wait until next year to get more content.

also do they ever explain what exactly happened to people who did the homecoming and why supposedly zed needed it to happen as part of the mechanism for some reason? or who exactly riku was? I'm sorta leaning towards him being a descendant of riki and sort of a guardian of the sword there. I don't know if there's a sidequest that makes it obvious besides the wink and nod to melia. I guess melia was the masterpon he mentioned earlier in the game.

nerdz fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Aug 8, 2022

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
I'm starting to feel the sidequest fatigue for real. I thought I did a lot of them when they cropped up but they never stop coming. Also how the hell am i gonna get Colony 9 to the final affinity, they only have terrible hand ins left that give like 9 each and I'm in ch7 having done the main big quest there already.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

nerdz posted:

for sure yeah, now I'll just wait until next year to get more content.

also do they ever explain what exactly happened to people who did the homecoming and why supposedly zed needed it to happen as part of the mechanism for some reason? or who exactly riku was? I'm sorta leaning towards him being a descendant of riki and sort of a guardian of the sword there. I don't know if there's a sidequest that makes it obvious besides the wink and nod to melia. I guess melia was the masterpon he mentioned earlier in the game.

I *think* but I am not 100% sure that it is the same thing as Gold Rank Colony. It is a way to give people something to strive for but if they actually reach it that's a problem and they want them out because surviving for ten years isn't what Moebius wants.

Moebius are a bunch of rich old fucks who want the younger generation to die in interesting ways for their profit and amusement basically.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
While I feel this game does several things much better than both XB1 and 2 and it's probably my favorite one plot wise, one thing I sorta expected more is the sense of wonder in the world design. The first one was super iconic with the gigantic humanoid islands, and the second one with the living, moving titans and the world tree. This one, being a homage to both, feels less fresh and slightly underwhelming compared to them since it's like the two mixed up in a very static way, even if intentionally so. It's very cool to see all the settings you've seen before mashed into each other but at the end, that's what it mostly is, it can't rise above the previous ones. But it is very beautiful as always and the sheer size of the maps alongside with the colonies and world building sure made up for it.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Turns out people do not like when you compare the human life harvesting plotline to factory farming

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Overall thoughts on the main story; is that a handful of things confused me So what did Noah name the sword? He said it was important to him but never said it, and just wound up chucking it in the ocean in the ending. Also was N's kid supposed to like, be anyone?

I also don't quite get the whole Mio bodyswap thing due to there being a fight after it happened- did Mio gain the ability to hijack bodies for a bit? I don't get how she saved Noah from the beheading either.

Most importantly who the gently caress is Riku!!! Why does he know Melia!!

My relation with this game is weird as I think it's a better game in general and its story is good- but the fact it's literally almost a 1:1 copy of Gears just kinda wound up distracting me too much, like all the games tell extremely similar stories but this one felt like there was almost no spin on it and it's just Gears But Finished (and good for once). I know it's not popular opinion but I also found a lot of the music horribly generic which is the biggest crime. Xenoblade battle themes kickass and none of them stuck out- not a one minus the final final boss theme. There's also only like 2 themes which feels like a step down from XC2's like 8 battle themes.

I enjoyed it but man I didn't think I'd be this mixed on it all.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Overall thoughts on the main story; is that a handful of things confused me So what did Noah name the sword? He said it was important to him but never said it, and just wound up chucking it in the ocean in the ending. Also was N's kid supposed to like, be anyone?

I also don't quite get the whole Mio bodyswap thing due to there being a fight after it happened- did Mio gain the ability to hijack bodies for a bit? I don't get how she saved Noah from the beheading either.

Most importantly who the gently caress is Riku!!! Why does he know Melia!!

My relation with this game is weird as I think it's a better game in general and its story is good- but the fact it's literally almost a 1:1 copy of Gears just kinda wound up distracting me too much, like all the games tell extremely similar stories but this one felt like there was almost no spin on it and it's just Gears But Finished (and good for once). I know it's not popular opinion but I also found a lot of the music horribly generic which is the biggest crime. Xenoblade battle themes kickass and none of them stuck out- not a one minus the final final boss theme. There's also only like 2 themes which feels like a step down from XC2's like 8 battle themes.

I enjoyed it but man I didn't think I'd be this mixed on it all.

I agree with your points aside from reveals there were no real spins. I think it's implied that riku is a descendant of riki, and the game is set after all the regular lifespan characters in both games are long dead. Melia is probably the one he refers to as his masterpon and was probably holding onto the sword for her. I dont know how long nopon live but it could be a Planescape Torment: Morte scenario where he and his lineage kept giving the sword to the current noah. Considering noah and mio founded the city alongside their partners, it's implied noah's child was just another person who moved it along as the first generation of non origin people (who got a raw loving deal on the end, bye from existence!). He could also be part of a possible (lets hope not) prequel dlc

I also agree that the main theme is heavily overused, as good as it is. Making it a gameplay element sorta made that even worse.

nerdz fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Aug 9, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

nerdz posted:

I agree with your points aside from reveals there were no real spins. I think it's implied that riku is a descendant of riki, and the game is set after all the regular lifespan characters in both games are long dead. Melia is probably the one he refers to as his masterpon and was probably holding onto the sword for her. I dont know how long nopon live but it could be a Planescape Torment: Morte scenario where he and his lineage kept giving the sword to the current noah. Considering noah and mio founded the city alongside their partners, it's implied noah's child was just another person who moved it along as the first generation of non origin people (who got a raw loving deal on the end, bye from existence!). He could also be part of a possible (lets hope not) prequel dlc

I also agree that the main theme is heavily overused, as good as it is. Making it a gameplay element sorta made that even worse.

I do think it's important to point out that in the cutscene of Nia explaining origin... Riki is standing next to Melia (and Tora is with Nia in her artwork shot) so I think he's been around for a rather long time. I find it weird that it's implied Riki helped build and construct their half when that dude struggled to fish though :v: