Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

surprise 4 day weekend
this month has been wild because ive taken a lot of time off for reasons beyond my control (heatwave, rail strikes etc) so this month im probably getting paid gently caress All

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

CJS: I'd forgotten I had a Geisha and two Pepes stashed in my desk at work. This changes everything! :yum:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

lord fifth
Dec 26, 2019

LUCK ???
c intern s: every day my soul is compressed down to a pinprick and all i want is to wake up and not have to go to work

matti
Mar 31, 2019

3D Megadoodoo posted:

CJS: I'd forgotten I had a Geisha and two Pepes stashed in my desk at work. This changes everything! :yum:

stay on top of your blood sugar friend

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

matti posted:

stay on top of your blood sugar friend

It's not going to be three candy bars that kills me.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It's not going to be three candy bars that kills me.

i meant it in the positive sense

everyone should watch their blood sugar

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

matti posted:

i meant it in the positive sense

everyone should watch their blood sugar

ok i spilled out all my blood but i'm not seeing any cubes??

matti
Mar 31, 2019

i left something in ur sauna

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ok but i don't have sauna tho

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

whose sauna did you take a poo poo in

matti
Mar 31, 2019

eh some old person will work it out

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

lord fifth posted:

c intern s: every day my soul is compressed down to a pinprick and all i want is to wake up and not have to go to work

ahh the internship is working

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Pile Of Garbage posted:

cjs: how is dell able to create a clone of the cisco IOS CLI and then release it as software on their own switches? i mean it's good for me cos i can just go "oh it's like IOS" and do whatever but how is it even legal?

its probably a combo of cisco not caring and also cisco not wanting a difficult legal battle. it was definitely a nice surprise when i had to use a dell switch and iirc it even had some improvements to command names/autocomplete.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I’m back at work. this sucks!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

cjs: lmao people keep leaving the team

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i need to get paid

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

don’t we all

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

no dude i have £15 in my bank account right now

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

hbag posted:

quick, mods, fix this.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

code:
 𓂸(){𓂸|𓂸&};𓂸 
dorkbomb

edit take 3: nevermind, I give up. going to work.

Pile Of Garbage
May 28, 2007

Shaggar posted:

its probably a combo of cisco not caring and also cisco not wanting a difficult legal battle. it was definitely a nice surprise when i had to use a dell switch and iirc it even had some improvements to command names/autocomplete.

yeah i noticed that as well, it has both tab-hints and command-completion. also you can pipe to grep instead of begin/include which is dope. one big annoyance is the lack of a show interface description command. Closest thing it has is show interface status but that truncates interface descriptions. aside from that, not bad imo. would switch again.

edit: oh yeah re legal battles it's funny because back in the day cisco went after apple hard re the "IOS" name and yet they let this slide. ofc they did recently lose that lawsuit against a palo alto subsidiary to the tune of $1.9B lmao

Pile Of Garbage fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 28, 2022

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

hbag posted:

does that mean you bought your folks that aircon they needed?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
lmao, when you look up the worker processes in IIS to see which one is loving up your day and sort by time elapsed the time is treated as a text string and not a number so sorting is worthless. Check this poo poo out:

I am loving amazed at this.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
lol beautiful

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

nudgenudgetilt posted:

quick, mods, fix this.

mods actually get a full pension and 401k matching

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

fart simpson posted:

mods actually get a full pension and 401k matching

i just meant they can ding hbag :10bux: at a time

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Pile Of Garbage posted:

one big annoyance is the lack of a show interface description command. Closest thing it has is show interface status but that truncates interface descriptions.

if you're looking for a list of what VLANs a given port is a member of, then show interface switchport is probably what you want

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
your mistake in life started with 'iis'

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

lmao, when you look up the worker processes in IIS to see which one is loving up your day and sort by time elapsed the time is treated as a text string and not a number so sorting is worthless. Check this poo poo out:

this is the most microsoft poo poo of all time

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

cjs slept through the first hour of the workday. whoops. i have an appointment to check out a wedding venue after work so guess im not making it up either lol

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

cjs: they published the full org chart. i'm now 'principal sme: cloud infrastructure'

i'm not even aws certified. lmao

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

PIZZA.BAT posted:

cjs: they published the full org chart. i'm now 'principal sme: cloud infrastructure'

i'm not even aws certified. lmao

did you already have the title Principal?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

:retrogames:

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

did you already have the title Principal?

nope! senior staff

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
certifications dont exist hth

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
dang they just gave you a big raise at your next job eh

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

bob dobbs is dead posted:

certifications dont exist hth

they absolutely do, sorry about your A+ bob

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
cjs: sure 2 other devs on the call, just don't say anything or offer any input while I stammer my way through troubleshooting this network issue with the server team, not like networking minutiae is way outside my working knowledge or anything. Got through it though, that's what counts. EDIT: It was DNS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

cjs: it's thursday, i'm tired of this week