Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Mwamba forever. ✊🏿

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Mwamba forever. ✊🏿

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao whoops

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

didnt have poo poo to do all day and now hundreds of people have poo poo that needs to be done immediately the second i get my delivery notification

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Fungah! posted:

didnt have poo poo to do all day and now hundreds of people have poo poo that needs to be done immediately the second i get my delivery notification

Lol

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

people who ask to get something done immediately on a Friday afternoon… have they no shame?

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

my morning jackass posted:

people who ask to get something done immediately on a Friday afternoon… have they no shame?

clients are animals

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

clients are animals

I hate them!!!

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

This game kicks rear end. "Keep the flame clock high to get a stat boost!" Two hours later: "You are free from the flame clock."

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

riku's voice lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Kongming posted:

This game kicks rear end. "Keep the flame clock high to get a stat boost!" Two hours later: "You are free from the flame clock."

yeah lmfao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Also going from "oh yeah you can sell your sell-only items on the shop" to "those are automatically sold" the next chapter

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kongming posted:

This is almost guaranteed to matter again in some capacity though...has to

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Fungah! posted:

riku's voice lol

lol yes

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Mwamba forever. ✊🏿

Lmfao

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

oh man it's really cool that they automatically changed the equipment when i was forced to switch classes bc it saved me the time to rearrange it lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

OH MY GOD THIS GAME HAS CLASS LEVELING AND YOU CAN PICK ARTS FROM OTHER CLASSES TO FULLY CUSTOMIZE THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE JRPG MECHANICS

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Plutonis posted:

OH MY GOD THIS GAME HAS CLASS LEVELING AND YOU CAN PICK ARTS FROM OTHER CLASSES TO FULLY CUSTOMIZE THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE JRPG MECHANICS

how late into the gamne do you get this. Im chomping at the bit for classes.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

how late into the gamne do you get this. Im chomping at the bit for classes.

Not long into chapter 2, around 5 hours in

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Blue enemies are no joke, until you start rolling w/a 6 man crew

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
shouts out to this game for putting you into combat immediately instead of wandering around a town talking to people about a vague monster threat that finally attacks 4 hours in

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Plutonis posted:

yeah I love this poo poo too

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kongming posted:

lmfao this ruled

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

this game kicks rear end and i'm fuckin pumped for the rest of th mechanics to open up

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Fungah! posted:

riku's voice lol

its good. im glad the voice acting in this is good like xeno1 so far instead of like xeno2 where its "good"

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Probably gonna be next week but i'm so excited to play this. Haven't Switch Gamed in a really long time too, probably since Metroid came out

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
im in chapter 2 and all the character and combat stuff is opening up and my heads already spinning from the possibilites

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

its good. im glad the voice acting in this is good like xeno1 so far instead of like xeno2 where its "good"

Yeah, and the same could be said for a lot of the game. 2 was kinda maximalist nonsense with a lot of quirky design ideas that all kind of worked together if you could stomach the parts you didn't like. 3 seems just like hugely killer in every way, they smoothed out all the rough bits and perfected what was already working +.have a written a more engaging story. It loving owns!!

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

absolutely anything posted:

im in chapter 2 and all the character and combat stuff is opening up and my heads already spinning from the possibilites

Chapter 3 makes me feel like I’m getting a phd

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

the consul k fight cutscene loving rules

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I really like how they combined the combat systems of the first two games. One crew recharges arts over time, the other recharges arts with cancel combos. I'm early in chapter 2 but so far the only thing I'm missing is chaining cancel moves, everything else is a huge improvement

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

tfw no bird gf :(

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I really like how they combined the combat systems of the first two games. One crew recharges arts over time, the other recharges arts with cancel combos. I'm early in chapter 2 but so far the only thing I'm missing is chaining cancel moves, everything else is a huge improvement

me realizing the tthe first party is made of xc1 world races and the second is made of xc2 world races and going :eek:

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Plutonis posted:

me realizing the tthe first party is made of xc1 world races and the second is made of xc2 world races and going :eek:

yah that happened yo me this morning

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I actually just got a tutorial notification on chaining cancel moves but I can't figure out how to do it lol. Unless they're just talking about using the combined X moves when they're both charged

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

plot beats through game mechanics ftw

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fungah! posted:

yah that happened yo me this morning

same with the mech aesthetics too, the ones from keves resemble the mechon (one even looks like metal face) and the ones from agnus look like the mechs used by the priest guys from XC2

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I actually just got a tutorial notification on chaining cancel moves but I can't figure out how to do it lol. Unless they're just talking about using the combined X moves when they're both charged

I think you’re right. You can cancel fusions into other fusions or regular arts, and regular arts into talent (and fusion too maybe?) but I think that’s all.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

You can do regular > fusion and then fusion into regular or talent. So once you have 3 fusion skills you'll be able to have more freedom with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Yeah and more master slots helps a lot with the Keves classes too because their cooldowns are so long. So you can do something with Agnus arts on the left side until keves right side is up though I’m trying to match length so both sides come up at roughly the same time