Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Psychic labor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

also getting a Vice article written about you is not the herculean task you think it is

heh

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Roth posted:

Psychic labor

I think I've read three lifetime vice articles, this one the famous one and one about how straight people were finally getting into poppers. paints a picture I think

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rags to Liches posted:

wait really? wow

i can't look at my post history in that thread but iirc they called me a misogynist or something out of the blue and I called them crazy and got like a 3 day or something and then the thread died and they made a goodbye forever post shortly after

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
If that was CSPAM witch thread I can corroborate Larry's story. The aura was very fragile, OP did not put up enough protective wards from silly words.

I didn't understand the consternation present every time someone said anything mean. Like just ignore the haters. If you can believe in Magicka you can ignore posters, just look at your crystals poster. loving pour a salt circle around your phone and keep scrolling.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Larry Parrish posted:

i can't look at my post history in that thread but iirc they called me a misogynist or something out of the blue and I called them crazy and got like a 3 day or something and then the thread died and they made a goodbye forever post shortly after

That’s crazy

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Larry Parrish posted:

It was basically "wow imagine hating women this much" as a response to criticism. No joke, no sarcasm, but a literal belief that dismissing witchcraft as real made you a hard-core colonizer misogynist.

it's hella ironic the same mod who was giving out 3 day probes for pointing out witchcraft isn't real was also posting on page on about how they were planning to make their own cspam themed tarot deck

pentyne fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jul 31, 2022

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pentyne posted:

It was basically "wow imagine hating women this much" as a response to criticism. No joke, no sarcasm, but a literal belief that dismissing witchcraft as real made you a hard-core colonizer misogynist.

it's hella ironic the same mod who was giving out 3 day probes for pointing out witchcraft isn't real was also posting on page on about how they were planning to make their own cspam themed tarot deck

CSPAM is an epic place. I have another probe there that implies I'm a serial transphobe because I said 'lol' about an old rear end communist politician being an old rear end

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Goons accusing someone of being a horrible person in response to critique against something they like? Don't hear that often :thunk:

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

pentyne posted:

The witchcraft community is somehow full of TERFs to boot.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

rodbeard posted:

The witchcraft community is somehow full of TERFs to boot.

you mean a hobby subculture that for some strange reason is 90% middle class white women has a problem with trans people? perish the thought.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

KirbyKhan posted:

If that was CSPAM witch thread I can corroborate Larry's story. The aura was very fragile, OP did not put up enough protective wards from silly words.

I didn't understand the consternation present every time someone said anything mean. Like just ignore the haters. If you can believe in Magicka you can ignore posters, just look at your crystals poster. loving pour a salt circle around your phone and keep scrolling.

Pretty much yeah, my Romani grandma is in her grave making fun of those posters in her broken English.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
Or just don’t steal the language of people who are actually subjected to racism misogyny and other forms of discrimination to make sure nobody ever laughs at you

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tetramin posted:

Or just don’t steal the language of people who are actually subjected to racism misogyny and other forms of discrimination to make sure nobody ever laughs at you

it's a growing tendency among lifestyle leftists. personally i find it almost more disgusting than being outright racist. it's treating people and their struggles like a trendy fashion.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Tetramin posted:

That’s crazy

iirc Snoo also got doxxed on Kiwifarms right around the same time for some loving reason, which I think maybe was related to Lowtax Twitch streaming?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dewgy posted:

iirc Snoo also got doxxed on Kiwifarms right around the same time for some loving reason, which I think maybe was related to Lowtax Twitch streaming?

She was also banned for stealing other people's work for her Etsy shop.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

She was also banned for stealing other people's work for her Etsy shop.

lmfao i have never seen this thought process before in the wild. i didn't know people actually thought like this

"what's wrong with recreating expensive items?"

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Stealing art is loving galling. They don't deserve to get doxxed for being a weird witch or whatever. Not that anyone said they did, its just a big saga to try and digest all at once lol. I also find that all of these fake white people witch religions tends to be very Trans exclusionary. There's a serious cottage core to right wing pipeline, because there's always going to be something like that when you reject modernity for traditions that aren't real.

I thought witch stuff was cool when it was just spicy therapy and self betterment then a lot of people who were into it suddenly were like "Jordan Peterson is a warlock we need to circle around, and send our energy" and it was like "ah we are not playing pretend. gently caress."

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
He's more of a shambling undead corpse.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

fun hater posted:

lmfao i have never seen this thought process before in the wild. i didn't know people actually thought like this

"what's wrong with recreating expensive items?"

Love how like all her posts in that thread are "why are people charging so much for their Etsy crap, like their time is worth money or something??"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
At least later they apologised. It took years, but it's still nice to see.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

having one or even two gang tags is probably fine but having four is extremely sus

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
gang tags are aids, and the more you have the more aids you are

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Roth posted:

Psychic labor
I don't know anything about Psychic Labor, but I know that Psychic Warfare is friggin' great. Not a second of filler, and still only their second-best album.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

CoolCab posted:

there are people out there who entirely genuinely believe that attacking paid psychics is somehow being racist, homophobic or misogynistic. i do not fully understand how someone could come to that conclusion frankly but they apparently exist, and occasionally get vice articles written about them.

https://twitter.com/annamerlan/status/1549029469242793984

lmfao

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong

CoolCab posted:

there are people out there who entirely genuinely believe that attacking paid psychics is somehow being racist, homophobic or misogynistic. i do not fully understand how someone could come to that conclusion frankly but they apparently exist, and occasionally get vice articles written about them.

https://twitter.com/annamerlan/status/1549029469242793984

its so weird. i wonder why a group of people who scam people by lying to them would use lies to attack people who point out their scam

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
oh you dont want to play 3 card monty? guess you must be a racist homophobe

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

I love the power-move of employing orientalism to defend themselves by saying “well the roma are fortune tellers, so hating this is racist!”

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I'm cool with people making use of whatever mental crutches they need to get through daily life, be it doing tarot or reading Hegel or posting on a dead internet comedy forum, and loudly mocking people who are just trying to deal with stuff day to day feels kinda rear end in a top hat-ish imo. Claiming oppressed minority status because as a member of the psychic proletariat you are a victim of colonial capitalist oppression is still something else, lmao

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
don't you see. my million dollar investment in amway is just how i cope with my daily life, and if you point out that it's all bullshit and i'm wasting my money, well you're just being an rear end in a top hat

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
some people commit fraud to COPE

paul harris
Oct 22, 2020
The word “doxing” is derived from the term “dropping documents.” Doxing is a form of cyberbullying that uses sensitive or secret information, statements, or records for the harassment, exposure, or other exploitation of targeted individuals.
is there a post or thread to find out about that goon who ran the eve guild for decades being discovered to be a pedophile or whatever it was?

paul harris fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jul 31, 2022

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

paul harris posted:

is there a post or thread to find out about that goon who ran the eve guild for decades being discovered to be a pedophile or whatever it was?

I got you OP

KirbyKhan posted:

In current news The Mittani of Eve Online resigned amid loving wild confirmed story's that are too fresh for Saga. But the current business went down in the MMOHMO Eve thread posted late June 2022. I love sifting through drama to find a narrative, but this one has been the most alien, tedious, and obfuscated to find first or second hand words for.

But Eve has Sagas. One thread to find them is how the Horn of Goondorgets sound every now and again. It is a kinda of call roster using these forums as a kinda sleeper notification numbers station for manpower requirements. It's been sound a couple times in the past few decades. Ive lost the details for Eve stories but everyone should know that Vilrerat was for real at Benghazi, the original poster who held information that could lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NO FURTHER QUESTIONS

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

barbecue at the folks posted:

I'm cool with people making use of whatever mental crutches they need to get through daily life, be it doing tarot or reading Hegel or posting on a dead internet comedy forum, and loudly mocking people who are just trying to deal with stuff day to day feels kinda rear end in a top hat-ish imo. Claiming oppressed minority status because as a member of the psychic proletariat you are a victim of colonial capitalist oppression is still something else, lmao

the difference is these fucks don’t just “dabble in mental crutches to get through their life”, they also do everything they can to scam money out of vulnerable and desperate people

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

ulvir posted:

the difference is these fucks don’t just “dabble in mental crutches to get through their life”, they also do everything they can to scam money out of vulnerable and desperate people

But enough about licenced therapist, we were talking about palm reading and the staaaaars. America is a scam based economy since day one when first land deal was paid for in beads and plague blankets. I'm gonna mourn the passing of this particular old ways and try and keep my Spencers Gifts Novelty Tarot deck on the mantle so my children will recognize astrology, pop psychology, and technical analysis in the same light.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

ulvir posted:

I sure as hell didn't mean to defend scam artists who drape their bullshit and preying on the vulnerable into an extremely online and weird version of new age leftism/anticolonialism/feminism. Thinking on it I also guess it's actually kinda hard to separate scammers who do "psychic labour" from the people who just dabble in some version of new ageism to get some "spiritual" feels since in the end the whole scene thing is so weird and toxic, so w/e, definitely not my hill to die on

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I only ever saw the posts from the helldump thread but someone caused a hell of a detail in an old AT sex questions thread when she asked what her master could eat that would make his poo poo taste nicer and seemed upset when goons predictably were repulsed

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i could have done without that particular knowledge, thanks.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Jose was the subject of a pretty good saga, traveling to I think Florida for a wedding and getting to experience a hurricane from his hotel room.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Jose posted:

I only ever saw the posts from the helldump thread but someone caused a hell of a detail in an old AT sex questions thread when she asked what her master could eat that would make his poo poo taste nicer and seemed upset when goons predictably were repulsed

What was the answer though?