Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
Nope, he imported a custom save with almost all the same choices Reggie made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Perfect Potato posted:

Everyone can rest easy, Woolie threw Reggie to the ground, wrestled the controller away from him, and made his black short hair tomboy punchgirl femshep in ME2. The galaxy is at peace

This is the worst timeline, I wanted to see Reggie doing the suicide mission, now it'll be a typical boring paragon run where nobody dies.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Judge Tesla posted:

This is the worst timeline, I wanted to see Reggie doing the suicide mission, now it'll be a typical boring paragon run where nobody dies.

I don't think reggie would get anyone killed

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Woolie's brain almost assuredly means that they will spend 50 minutes trying to figure out who to send on Suicide Mission stuff and Woolie will hyperfixate on some random word in the decision text and pick someone who will die.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007
Reggie ftw

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

OneDeadman posted:

Woolie's brain almost assuredly means that they will spend 50 minutes trying to figure out who to send on Suicide Mission stuff and Woolie will hyperfixate on some random word in the decision text and pick someone who will die.

He's going to do this more than once and it will be hilarious

Overlord K
Jun 14, 2009

Perfect Potato posted:

Everyone can rest easy, Woolie threw Reggie to the ground, wrestled the controller away from him, and made his black short hair tomboy punchgirl femshep in ME2. The galaxy is at peace

We just had a 1000 hour LP of one of those so I actually kind of wanted to see him keep going as a dude for the comedy that'd ensue when he tries to romance Jack cause she's totally Woolie's type.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
having a custom class made with all the class-specific powers and all the weapons for maximum content is next level

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Yeah I'm not sure how I feel about that. On one hand, I mostly just care about what he and Reggie think about the story, so whatever. On the other hand, it's super weird to play through the game so heavily modded and OP on your first run. I think just playing vanguard would have been plenty for Woolie.

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
It's not like having all the powers would be THAT meaningful in ME2 when everything shares the same cooldown.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Vanguard Warden posted:

It's not like having all the powers would be THAT meaningful in ME2 when everything shares the same cooldown.

yeah it's really more of an unecessary clusterfuck

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

I think the option to use any weapon type is more OP than his weird set of class abilities.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War

This is after Woolie meets EDI for the first time

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
I was really hoping Woolie would change plans and let Reggie stay at the helm with Red. I liked Reggie's decision making, which was based on how he felt about the given situation and not enslaved to Paragon/Renegade. God that system sucks.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Finished the Kotor 2 LP and I share Woolie's utter defeat upon hearing all the stupid poo poo that happens in the MMO.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Even accounting for all the time he left the game idling, I think Woolie has spent more time playing Elden Ring than I have spent playing souls games, period.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Flubby posted:

I was really hoping Woolie would change plans and let Reggie stay at the helm with Red. I liked Reggie's decision making, which was based on how he felt about the given situation and not enslaved to Paragon/Renegade. God that system sucks.

its pretty cool that despite playing kinda manic, Reggie still had enough paragon/renegade for the important stuff?

I actually didn't realize you could save Wrex without needing a paragon/renegade breakpoint through the loyalty mission, particularly with the "official" outcome being that he dies for non-imported saves.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

Kazzah posted:

Even accounting for all the time he left the game idling, I think Woolie has spent more time playing Elden Ring than I have spent playing souls games, period.

I had two full-ish runs, one completely blind, and one with a guide, and combined they weren't nearly as long as Woolie's run. However, the high points of him and Reggie doing big thinks, especially with Goldmask's quest chain, are unparalleled. Even, and especially, at the end.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
I wonder how long he really played. The episodes don't even make up a third of the time on the save. So did he just leave the PS5 on for like 500 hours for no real reason?

Anyway I watched the stream of Dead Space, I think the game's structure will help keep a decentish pace. Woolie still has some moments of panic, remains blind as gently caress, and does dumb stuff so it'll also be amusing in that regard. I look forward to the rest of it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah he's terrified of it deleting all his games and burning his house down if he uses the suspend feature or something

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
I feel like it's more risky to just leave it on and he should've just quit out, but he's clearly somewhat insane. Plus I'm pretty sure all those issues got patched but yeah, whatever.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'm also reasonably sure that even when those issues existed they were suspend mode specific. And there was never an issue turning the machine off.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Listening to this week's podcast, I don't know where they got the idea that the world is still basically okay in Dark Souls 1. There's multiple kingdoms mentioned in item descriptions that have fallen or are falling to the undead.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

And even the areas you do see are hosed. Anor Londo is completely walled off from the rest of the world, and even that's almost completely overrun and dead.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Huh, I've been saying Mass Effect Andromeda was straight ripping off Star Control 3 for a while, but I didn't know it was an order of magnitude less imaginative. Two new races in this whole new galaxy? That's IT?

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Dabir posted:

Huh, I've been saying Mass Effect Andromeda was straight ripping off Star Control 3 for a while, but I didn't know it was an order of magnitude less imaginative. Two new races in this whole new galaxy? That's IT?

More like 1 new race, the bad guys are just mutated evolutions of the Kett.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Also the *removal* of key races from the trilogy.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The Quarians, Volus, Hanar, Batarians, Vorcha and Elcor died on their way back to their home galaxy.

I'm sure I'm missing one or two species.

doos
Jan 1, 2015

The Quarians had their own ship, and were supposed to show up in one of the two bits that extremely were like "hey get ready for some DLC/a sequel!" that never happened.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Arc Hammer posted:

The Quarians, Volus, Hanar, Batarians, Vorcha and Elcor died on their way back to their home galaxy.

I'm sure I'm missing one or two species.

This is almost the actual canon, which is the funniest part.

The fact that a DLC was planned to cover this, and then the whole murder mystery plot was turned into a rushed novel makes it about 500% funnier because the villain's plot is also this short-sighted and backfires on them. To the point of casually genociding a species or two on that missing ark.

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
There are games that people didn't know they wanted, but Andromeda is a game that everybody knew that they didn't want and they were right. New setting, less races, more humans. The combat feels good to be fair, but that's really it. Also, what they did to some of the Krogan face models is unforgivable.

Andromeda is also one of the first games I remember having dialogue so awful I couldn't continue.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

that launch trailer they put out for Andromeda with that licensed song (with singing) is one of the cringiest things I've ever seen in my life

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Which one, the Rag'n'Bone Man trailer? Because that gave us a great parody:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYDiw6QQIKU

Flubby
Feb 28, 2006
Fun Shoe
Woolie got to the asteroid shooting bit in Dead Space. So they never fixed that then. That part is up there with the model plane job in San Andreas, where you have to wonder if they even tested it.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

Time to sleep.
I feel like there was a trick to that. I wanna say I did it by sitting closer to the TV but that might've been another game's turret section. Still messed up that it needed a trick, sure.

theCalamity
Oct 23, 2010

Cry Havoc and let slip the Hogs of War
Woolie checks to see where the objective is. It's where Cathka is

Literally every single person he talks to: Talk to Cathka to get this thing going

Woolie talks to Cathka

poo poo starts happening

Woolie: I didn't think it was progress!

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

theCalamity posted:

Woolie checks to see where the objective is. It's where Cathka is

Literally every single person he talks to: Talk to Cathka to get this thing going

Woolie talks to Cathka

poo poo starts happening

Woolie: I didn't think it was progress!

Li-ter-all-y this :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdE9tHGHh1U&t=568s

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I understand this may be asking the impossible as this is like asking for people to point out 8 specific bricks out of an entire house but does anyone have a link or compendium or montage of woolie/reggie talking about the golden order bros? they kept mentioning how they were really fuckin with that and that sounds like something i'd enjoy watching

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Samurai Shodown and DBFZ are getting rollback
New Final Fight/Garou game is coming
Darli Dagger in KoF15
https://twitter.com/WoolieWoolz/status/1556427133836197890

oh and hte kamen rider w anime might be good
https://twitter.com/EpicLinkSam/status/1556318532815708168

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Aug 8, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

quote:

- Decreased the travel distance and invincibility frames of Ash of War "Bloodhound Step" while adding the changes below:

・Reduced performance when used continuously

Looks like Woolie got out just at the buzzer