Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

snout what connection are you seeing? plant humanoids help you? Tall things are nice, not scary? I'd be pretty insulted if I was a plant man w a drat name and I was seen as basically the same as a swamp spirit and this thing lmao

Yeah, I didn't say it earlier because I thought I was nitpicking, but it feels weird to take someone whose race's only known trait is being genocide victims that were denied personhood, and then compare them to creatures of unclear sapience. I don't think that was how Mookie intended the comparisons to read so I'm just bracing myself for the deep lore that the alcohol-swamp-monster is actually the well-spoken mayor of Lake Aroa lol

The only other lines of logic I can see Snout having here are "things that look scary on the outside sometimes are actually good!" (which doesn't work because Sunflower was in no way intimidating; the pastry-seller from Mongeltown would've been a better pick) or "plant-based creatures are all peaceful!" (which also doesn't work because of that tree that tried to kill him).

MiracleFlare fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Jul 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Yeah, I thought it was a bit weird that Sunflower was in that lineup, since he wasn't framed as being scary at any point.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Billy Gnosis posted:

Don't forget he's on vacation, so this is the way he's show horning in a cliffhanger for the next week. You know except without any suspense or pacing or building up to anything to be suspenseful about

No no, the vacation is over, Snout's back to his grueling hard work again.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Cloacamazing! posted:

No no, the vacation is over, Snout's back to his grueling hard work again.

Unless I missed the joke, Mookie is going on vacation this week.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil
Technically speaking they are one and the same, but no, I thought you were referring to Snout's vacation.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
You know, I kind of feel like a predatory plant creature in a field in Maltak right outside of Arudak's tower kind of manages to undermine both Kaianda and the Wild Edge.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Mookie taking his break on a cliffhanger that - as we all know - he plans to resolve immediately is pretty funny.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
What's the cliffhanger? Whether Mookie-Thing is going to kiss him and love him and squeeze him and hug him and call him George like Hugo the Abominable Snowman from Looney Tunes, or just give him a big wet kiss like the xenomorph in Space Quest II?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
what if its a huge twist and this thing just bites off snout's head and one of the others becomes the main character?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Bismuth posted:

what if its a huge twist and this thing just bites off snout's head and one of the others becomes the main character?

The Legacy Of Snout

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

plant thing is the new main character as it hunts and devours all the old ones

i'd be up for that tbh

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Bismuth posted:

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

plant thing is the new main character as it hunts and devours all the old ones

gimmick infringement

I farted in an elevator I shared with mookie sometime circa 2011 and I am not afraid to go back and finish the job

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

Emrikol posted:

You know, I kind of feel like a predatory plant creature in a field in Maltak right outside of Arudak's tower kind of manages to undermine both Kaianda and the Wild Edge.

Wait a minute, wasn't it supposed to be really dangerous for Kaianda to be here? Because of life magic and death magic or something? Then why did everyone go back to the tower?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

ScienceSeagull posted:

Wait a minute, wasn't it supposed to be really dangerous for Kaianda to be here? Because of life magic and death magic or something? Then why did everyone go back to the tower?

Mookie has no long term memory

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Moola posted:

Mookie has no long term memory

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

New comic is up.

I can't even begin to describe how badly he hosed up drawing Snout's right arm in the last panel

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

I should give Mookie some credit for letting Snout get out of his own jam but I'm too baffled by his figure-hugging overalls.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Big fan of the plant monster doing the classic boobs-butt pose in the last panel

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
This didn't go the way I was thinking it was going to go and I'm shocked

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
The second to last panel looks like he's wearing a human skin-suit. Has his tail always had that... scale, at the base?

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008

catlord posted:

The second to last panel looks like he's wearing a human skin-suit. Has his tail always had that... scale, at the base?

I think that's supposed to be a cloth flap? Not that it makes any goddamn sense to have one, since his tail's always gonna poke out of that hole, and flaps are for temporarily used holes. But Mookie's gonna Mookie!

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
He bites the tentacle thing in one place, and then it sewers in a completely different location. How the hell does that work? His teeth didn't even seem to penetrate the skin.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I go back and forth between parsing it as a giant plant finger and as a giant plant dick.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

SimonChris posted:

He bites the tentacle thing in one place, and then it sewers in a completely different location. How the hell does that work? His teeth didn't even seem to penetrate the skin.
I'm beginning to suspect that this Mookie person isn't very good at comics.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

SimonChris posted:

We thought the anti-climax would be that Arudak would save Snout or that the monster would still turn out to be friendly after all, it turns out the anti-climax is that the monster is threatening but also very, very weak.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

SimonChris posted:

I'm assuming it's like a lizard that can choose to detach its tail when grabbed

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

What a birthday gift for me.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

It’s vegetarian when you

*checks notes*

Eat part of a person’s body and decide it tastes great

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

In Mookie's defence I don't think Snout has ever explicitly been vegetarian, it's the orcs he's hung around with.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I hate snouts whole muzze + chin situation it looks so drat weird i wish he just had a dog face or a person face but this is bad to look at

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
replace the protagonist with "the dog faced gremlin" Rick Steiner

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

A page in which Snout learns the people-eating orc Nazis are cool and good, actually

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
sooooo Jesus loving Christ snout?

his love of devouring a living being overcame his fight or flight

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Snout briefly getting distracted after taking a bite out of a carnivorous plant creature is a decent gag, but it lands oddly coming one page after we were reminded of Sunflower, a plant person whose race we're told the bad racist orcs have a history of eating.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I think the idea is that he bit into the plantacle and then tore it off, but since this comic can’t depict motion in a dynamic fashion it looks very wrong. He should be turning his head to tear it off at least, but instead it just looks like he bit it and it ejected.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
I'm shocked Snout resorted to biting rather than his usual weapon.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

Tesseraction posted:

In Mookie's defence I don't think Snout has ever explicitly been vegetarian, it's the orcs he's hung around with.

Snout is vegan because Mookie is.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Surely we all remember that Mookie's orcs are vegetarians because they eat plant creatures and not meat creatures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
Twist: the plant creature is friendly after all and it communicates by feeding people its tentacles (like Sunflower with the seeds).