Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

mobby_6kl posted:

"Natalie Portman wearing a Panasonic FM Stereo Headset RF-60"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

she's aging like fine wine

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

that looks like my case. its pretty good.

the lian-lean-over-and-lightly-bat-at-a-cable? yeah

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

What is he wearing?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Roosevelt posted:

What is he wearing?

a bow tie

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

graph posted:

a bow tie

no i meant on his head

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Roosevelt posted:

no i meant on his head

Due to the time period, probably brylcreeme

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

me and him are the same age

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Roosevelt posted:

drat you gotta be like 150 then

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

Roosevelt posted:

Then don't go overboard with it. A little dab'll do ya

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

lol

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

:hmmyes:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/jon_bois/status/1554153679665733632?cxt=HHwWgIC9rbKiu5ErAAAA

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
smh if you didnt buy your ti-89 serial adapter at service merchandise

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
wow, memories

i think i might've gotten my parallel-to-ti-83 adapter from there but might've ordered it from a mail-in catalog

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I never had a TI-83-to-anything adapter

the scorched earth clone I typed in while I was supposed to be paying attention in math class was lost to a dead battery decades ago

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

I had the ti-83 to usb adapter so I could transfer games to my ti83.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
funny bit is those were all just TTL serial which was really hard to come by in 1999, but today its the arduino programming standard and any $2 usb to ttl dongle would yeet stuff onto a TIcalc just fine today

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

graph posted:

i remember my folks loved service merchandise in maine because in canada "consumers distributing" was crummy and overpriced

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
service merchandise owned so much

i got 2 SLRs there that were like $100-200 off. that was a lot of money back then

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Beeftweeter posted:

that was a lot of money back then

lol i can't believe i get to say this in my mid 30s

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

graph posted:

ya i still have my serial to 3.5mm cable somewhere. tetris got me through hs chem

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
they wouldn't let us use graphing calculators in our classes but i never got past trig

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
q: not edit

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

hell yeah work sucks

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i apologize for the lovely clouds before, i have taken a better cloud picture for you

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
is there a good guide to making photos look good, instead of bad, that you could recommend? cool cloud pic

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Improbable Lobster posted:

is there a good guide to making photos look good, instead of bad, that you could recommend? cool cloud pic
take them good in the first place

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Beeftweeter posted:

i apologize for the lovely clouds before, i have taken a better cloud picture for you

it's like im seeing it with my own eyes here!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
https://twitter.com/DaveDiCello/status/1554266389409660929

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

rainbows eh

i got rainbows

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

it's always sunny in pittsburgh

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

this is why you need to only give little a salami and not too much
https://i.imgur.com/CJ1rnA1.mp4

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

duz posted:

that kitten cannot be stopped she will not obey any of your rules

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Improbable Lobster posted:

post in the YCAIPOS thread and we’ll try to give advice that is better than “find pictures you like/find impressive, theorize how the photographer took the picture, theorize about what was done to postprocess the picture, figure out what specifically you like about those pictures and then practice a shitton”.

more helpfully… clouds are a tough one in general. I love how they look, but it’s really tough to take an abstract picture of just clouds and make the whole thing interesting. it’s much more “straightforward” to use clouds as something interesting to zazz up an otherwise already interesting composition

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

duz posted:

Do not, my friends, become addicted to salami. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!

burning swine
May 26, 2004

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

MrQueasy posted:

post in the YCAIPOS thread and we’ll try to give advice that is better than “find pictures you like/find impressive, theorize how the photographer took the picture, theorize about what was done to postprocess the picture, figure out what specifically you like about those pictures and then practice a shitton”.

more helpfully… clouds are a tough one in general. I love how they look, but it’s really tough to take an abstract picture of just clouds and make the whole thing interesting. it’s much more “straightforward” to use clouds as something interesting to zazz up an otherwise already interesting composition

here is a cloud

but yeah poo poo up the yospos CIA thread with a billion photos [56k no]

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
just put it in auto mode and shoot away, its better at exposure than you can be.

ask yourself why you’re taking this picture and what you gain from it before you do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

World's Best Spaceship®