Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

almost forgot they owe me 600

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth
I hope walker wins for the hilarity of meltdowns from The Smart media class

We’re hosed anyway

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

paul_soccer12 posted:

Based on my exposure to russiagate obsessives, the meaningless differences in manners of speaking are ways for the crackpots to go A HA!! only a Russian would speak English this way!!

Was first exposed to it by some crank fingering their posting enemy as a Russian troll because he used "it is" instead of "it's", which is literally just a scene they lifted from the TV show "The Americans"

It's either a stealth Russian or the rare Data disguised as Lore.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/medeabenjamin/s...ingawful.com%2F

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Is it dysfunctional or just corrupt?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
Does it count if the democrats get destroyed in 2022 by nuclear Armageddon instead of electoral incompetence?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it does if they incited said nuclear armageddon

Nitevision
Oct 5, 2004

Your Friendly FYAD Helper
Ask Me For FYAD Help
Another Reason To Talk To Me Is To Hangout

President Xi please take the "coolest thing to happen in modern american politics challenge"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

come to think of it i was in biden's position i'd let her go but then let china capture her

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

does the taiwanese government even want her there?

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
tom clancy scenario : a PLA agent disguised as a taiwanese soldier ends up killing Pelosi. Using the ensuing riots as a pretext, China lands troops in Taiwan to "restore order" and the US is powerless to stop them.

*does a rail of coke*

oh gently caress I'm getting ideas for Ukraine too now

ghost of tom joad
Jul 29, 2022

by VideoGames

January 6 Survivor posted:

tom clancy scenario : a PLA agent disguised as a taiwanese soldier ends up killing Pelosi. Using the ensuing riots as a pretext, China lands troops in Taiwan to "restore order" and the US is powerless to stop them.

*does a rail of coke*

oh gently caress I'm getting ideas for Ukraine too now

plot twist: he's a brainwashed Uyghur

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Fart Dumbass posted:

hey, this is a pretty bad post, and I thought you should know that.

Perhaps.

The concept of disarming the American public is so profoundly ridiculous on its face that I have a tough time viewing it any other way. Given that's the reality of the situation I see no reason to chip away at the edges rather that face the truth that the problem is our diseased culture. Maybe some see it as worth the effort to make our mass shootings slightly more inconvenient for the shooter but personally I feel if the end goal isn't solving the problem then perhaps the effort would be better placed elsewhere.

Shear Modulus posted:

does the taiwanese government even want her there?

Does anyone want her anywhere?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I've never been more sure that Pelosi going is the right call.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

LastInLine posted:

Perhaps.

The concept of disarming the American public is so profoundly ridiculous on its face that I have a tough time viewing it any other way. Given that's the reality of the situation I see no reason to chip away at the edges rather that face the truth that the problem is our diseased culture. Maybe some see it as worth the effort to make our mass shootings slightly more inconvenient for the shooter but personally I feel if the end goal isn't solving the problem then perhaps the effort would be better placed elsewhere.

yeah serious gun control and banning ar-15s or
whatever is so inimical to the political reality in this country that if it were to happen, you might as well also throw in “also the US will be communist too”. which i would love! hope it happens, because that’s the level of change it would take. and to get close to there, the shift in politics would need to be very drastic. starting with banning guns is putting the cart very far ahead of the horse

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I can’t be the only one who finds this presser hilarious, right

It feels really desperate to suddenly be pushing a “tough on terrorism” angle, seemingly unaware that ever since we got The Guy in 2011, that nobody gives a poo poo

I’m just saying, if the press needs to run articles like this, maybe this wasn’t that big of a get

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

THS2 posted:

yeah serious gun control and banning ar-15s or
whatever is so inimical to the political reality in this country that if it were to happen, you might as well also throw in “also the US will be communist too”. which i would love! hope it happens, because that’s the level of change it would take. and to get close to there, the shift in politics would need to be very drastic. starting with banning guns is putting the cart very far ahead of the horse

And to add, if the government and political reality we have right now is so hostile to poor and working people then it sounds like they should be arming themselves and we should support every effort to that effect. They certainly have no compunctions about militarizing the police who would oppress us, we should not support any measure to disarm us or even reduce our access to weapons, full stop. Like I said it's just crazy to me that anyone who self-identifies as left would think that we need less access to weapons, it's literally a revolutionary philosophy. We are always the first to be persecuted.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

MLSM posted:

I hope walker wins for the hilarity of meltdowns from The Smart media class

We’re hosed anyway

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Pirate Jet posted:

It feels really desperate to suddenly be pushing a “tough on terrorism” angle, seemingly unaware that ever since we got The Guy in 2011, that nobody gives a poo poo

I’m just saying, if the press needs to run articles like this, maybe this wasn’t that big of a get

People care more about Ukraine than they do getting this guy and even that hasn't helped Biden's numbers, so,

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Also unless proven otherwise I am gonna assume that a bunch of innocent people also got murked in the process of getting that guy

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

THS2 posted:

almost forgot they owe me 600

Yeah, about that, you're never getting that

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Srice posted:

Also unless proven otherwise I am gonna assume that a bunch of innocent people also got murked in the process of getting that guy

In this particular air strike we claim there were zero civilian casualties, but in all our previous attempts on the same guy we racked up seventy-six children!

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

Srice posted:

I looked it up and assuming any of the information is trustworthy (big lol) they used one of those bladed missiles. Doesn't guarantee anyone else wasn't hurt but it does make it more likely.

weeb rear end drone studyin' the blade bullshit

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Pirate Jet posted:

In this particular air strike we claim there were zero civilian casualties, but in all our previous attempts on the same guy we racked up seventy-six children!

yeah, but that’s just the cost of doing business and the us military really didn’t mean to pinky promise

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

1glitch0 posted:

I've never been more sure that Pelosi going is the right call.

My first reaction to hearing about this is why the gently caress is the speaker of the house doing geopolitics at all, not to mention in open defiance of the president lmao

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

MLSM posted:

My first reaction to hearing about this is why the gently caress is the speaker of the house doing geopolitics at all, not to mention in open defiance of the president lmao

the answer is literally personal racism towards china which she has been for her entire public career hth

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.

MLSM posted:

I know the number 1 and 2 are incapable of anything, but you'd think they'd send Blinken? Is the entire Executive branch on vacation?

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Zvahl posted:

the answer is literally personal racism towards china which she has been for her entire public career hth

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Subvisual Haze posted:

I know the number 1 and 2 are incapable of anything, but you'd think they'd send Blinken? Is the entire Executive branch on vacation?

The Democrats are recessioned, op

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

MLSM posted:

not even a Consul can violate the sacrosanctity of a Tribunate of the Plebs

for those who don’t know, during the Roman Republic, a Tribunate could also “veto” (really more of a filibuster) any action by physically disrupting the proceedings because they were protected by an oath made by the whole of the plebian classes to rise up and kill anyone who harmed them regardless of political or social standing

anyway just another example by contrast of what a weak rear end citizenry we are

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Also because Nancy Pelosi knows she's secretly prime minister of America and can do as she pleases.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
they are going to blow up her plane and claim it was shot down by china

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Pirate Jet posted:

the zero civilian casualties is probably because everyone near him was a likely al qaeda terrorist

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

nobody was yelling about the time jfk stood up to communism by going to west germany and saying ich bin ein berliner but now pelosi just visiting is the worst thing in the world??? wow, sexism much?

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

stocking up now on dinty moore beef stews, welches gummy fruit snacks, and crystal light. i want to be prepared when the missiles fly

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Pirate Jet posted:

grandpa president kills grandpa terrorist, nothing fundamentally changes, just as promised

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Where’s my 600 bitch! I want to buy a new GTX card for the new Homeworld game!

I hope Fetterman beats Oz. So he gets convinced to be the left flak in 2024 and has a chance to force demon rats to use the superdelegates and destroy the party.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
https://twitter.com/MarketWatch/status/1554493803939102722?s=20&t=E_lxuGl98oazTH8naCvjtw

lmao

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

everyone wanted to watch her get blown up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Shear Modulus posted:

everyone wanted to watch her get blown up

there's still time!