Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Barudak posted:

Hrm Microsoft rewards still doesn't work, as it doesn't approve that I shop and buy through the US store but live in Japan.

Strange. My American account works fine for the Japanese rewards site. I haven't actually tried redeeming them yet, but I've got a bunch of points already. I can get to the redemption screen for different products no problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Maybe when you try to redeem them, it will give you an 'invalid region' error, and then you saved all these points for nothing. Years down the drain.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Is the new Forza (not Horizon) out yet? Goddamn. Why are there no Forza (not Horizon)s on Gamepass?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

ColdPie posted:

Is the new Forza (not Horizon) out yet? Goddamn. Why are there no Forza (not Horizon)s on Gamepass?

FM7 hit the 4 year mark and got delisted because licenses expired. As a long-time Forza Motorsport loser I do find this somewhat disgraceful.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

TheScott2K posted:

FM7 hit the 4 year mark and got delisted because licenses expired. As a long-time Forza Motorsport loser I do find this somewhat disgraceful.

Still crazy to me that for a company so obsessed with letting you play their old stuff anywhere (admirably so) they're also like, yeah you can't legally play any entry of one of our flagship franchises right now lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Still crazy to me that for a company so obsessed with letting you play their old stuff anywhere (admirably so) they're also like, yeah you can't legally play any entry of one of our flagship franchises right now lol
You can play everything, you just can’t buy it anymore. Before they get delisted they always put the game and all the DLC on sale for like $6.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

All those license deals with vehicle manufacturers get weird. There was a stint where Toyota of all makes refused to have their cars featured anywhere, not just Forza.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
You can still buy Forza 7 on disc and patch it and play it fine.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Original_Z posted:

Strange. My American account works fine for the Japanese rewards site. I haven't actually tried redeeming them yet, but I've got a bunch of points already. I can get to the redemption screen for different products no problem.

The ones on PC have always worked fine, but the Xbox ones in the app give me an error that my location is improperly set.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Soul Glo posted:

But I have Gamepass

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ColdPie posted:

But I have Gamepass

Ok and. What you can't go to GameStop?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I've got Game Pass Focker can you milk me?

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Tryin out Ghost Recon: Wildlands and the UI is hot garbage. It appears it has to connect to the server when you try to do about anything, and uhhh it doesn’t seem like those servers are operational.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The correct answer is that the Hot Wheels DLC is also free if you do your Microsoft rewards quiz things every week

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Soul Glo posted:

My Xbox doesn't have a hole to put a disc into.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I was clearing out poo poo from the basement and discovered my 360 and the rock band game disc and various instruments, do those work on series? Would I be able to get all my music dlc?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

I finally played Far cry 5 and the being kidnapped thing doesn't really bother me. It seems pretty linked to the little meter for each little button and heavily telegraphed. You know exactly when it's that time. The thing I hate is driving around in the car is a nightmare. Why even give you the option to drive? Any time you go more than 20 feet in a car you'll run into cultist on the side of the road or in another car who make it such a hassle.

Far Cry 5 is easily the best in the series IMO, from a world design/mission design standpoint. the villains range from "whatever" to "what-the-gently caress-ever" but all the buddies you have and NPC quest people are awesome. Nick Rye and his wife are cool. Boomer and Peaches are :3:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

priznat posted:

I was clearing out poo poo from the basement and discovered my 360 and the rock band game disc and various instruments, do those work on series? Would I be able to get all my music dlc?

You can still use all your old dlc, but you'd need to get a copy of Rock Band 4 and an adaptor to use your old instruments, the adaptor is quite expensive now. You're better off sticking with the 360 unless you're really serious about it (and if you're really serious, you might want to continue playing on 360 anyway, so you can play custom songs)

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

trying to play rockband or guitar hero on a modern hdtv is excruciating, the input lag on literally any tv i've used is too much to handle. i need a big chunky CRT so badly

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Twerk from Home posted:

ColdPie posted:

But I have Gamepass

Welcome to the digital future, motherfuckers

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
i still think microsoft could make a bunch of money if they make an external UHD blu-ray drive and sell it to Series S owners

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002
No they couldn't. The biggest reason for a lack of an optical drive on the S is to force players to make all of their transactions through the console to offset how much money MSFT loses for each $300 console they sell.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Your cheap whiny rear end should have spent the extra $200 in the first place. A real gamer would have not settled for the second best console on the market.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
it wasn't in stock!!!

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Easy solution: have it setup so you can install to and play a game on your S if you have an X on the local network with the disc in the drive :haw:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Feels Villeneuve posted:

it wasn't in stock!!!

My favorite is the people who are like wow I waited 8 months to get a series s! who waits that long and doesn't get the better one?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Easy solution: put Forza (not Horizon) on gamepass already

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Works on my machine OP.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i haven't bought a disc game since like 2016. once the digital storefronts started getting regular deep sales on literally every game, as long as you wait 1 to 3 months, i haven't even thought about buying a disc

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I bought my series X at launch and I've never put a disc in it. I should probably at least test out the drive to see if it works.

I see no need to buy physical, even the second-hand games in the store are more expensive than just buying them online during sales, and there's always a sale on Xbox.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Digital also meant I could install classics like geometry wars the instant I plugged in my series x instead of having to hunt down some discs that are probably buried under a ton of nokia phone chargers

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

John F Bennett posted:

I bought my series X at launch and I've never put a disc in it. I should probably at least test out the drive to see if it works.

I see no need to buy physical, even the second-hand games in the store are more expensive than just buying them online during sales, and there's always a sale on Xbox.

i haven't put a disc in mine yet either but I rest easy knowing that I have more games available due to it.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

precision posted:

i haven't bought a disc game since like 2016. once the digital storefronts started getting regular deep sales on literally every game, as long as you wait 1 to 3 months, i haven't even thought about buying a disc

I’ll get discs if a game is delisted or if I find a really good deal on a used copy.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I watched the 12oz Mouse DVD in mine.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

But I do see myself stocking up on 4K Blu-rays when they all inevitably crash and go on forever-sale.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Twerk from Home posted:

Lol always buy a system with a disc drive. The money you spend on it gets made up for in no time since you’ll have access to cheaper games and de-listed games

I wanna pin this message on every game related forum there is

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

Jables88 posted:

The kidnapping as a complaint is really overblown, I agree - it's hardly gamebreaking.

Driving tip - get a helicopter.
Being kidnapped isn't the problem, it's being kidnapped MULTIPLE times is just lazy storytelling, even by ubisoft standards.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Gutcruncher posted:

Lol always buy a system with a disc drive. The money you spend on it gets made up for in no time since you’ll have access to cheaper games and de-listed games

I wanna pin this message on every game related forum there is

I would have, I impulse grabbed a Series S because there was a huge stock of them discounted at costco in late 2020 and I'd never seen a Series X in the wild at that point.

I should have made buying a console my hobby instead. I might be extra dumb and buy a Series X when they get the inevitable die shrink / disk capacity increase.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It’s nice being able to play 50 Cent BOTS with FPS boost :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

Lifespan posted:

No they couldn't. The biggest reason for a lack of an optical drive on the S is to force players to make all of their transactions through the console to offset how much money MSFT loses for each $300 console they sell.

if people buy the stupid rear end $400 2TB SSD expansion card they would almost certainly buy a disgustingly overpriced blu-ray drive. and then MS could make up some of that money on the $300 console ez