Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

What about it? Is it secretly something cool?

I didn't go back to check for sure but was that Djinn's vase?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!

Flyinglemur posted:

I didn't go back to check for sure but was that Djinn's vase?

Nope, this is the Djinn's lamp.

This is the vase that Nadja's stole from Nandor's room.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

A Fancy Hat posted:

It felt a little strange to completely undo the end of last season in like 5 minutes, but I really enjoyed these 2 episodes and don't necessarily need to see everything that was happening when the crew was split up for a year.

The_Doctor posted:

I thought there’d be a little more fallout with Nandor feeling abandoned by Guillermo at the station.

Agree a lot with these. The direction they've taken it in is fine, as the core of the show is fuckin' solid. But, this season really did kick off with very strong "We have new showrunners" vibes with that reset. The last season ended with a bunch of really interesting character beats to explore... and... they just didn't. & noticeably so.

Feels like a huge missed opportunity, as those were interesting beats to explore. When they pepper hints at major developments going forward, it'll be harder to take them seriously.

Venture Bro's is a great model for this. Make decisions and stick to them, your show will evolve and change, but when the core is strong enough (as imo Shadow's is) you can weather that and you'll make a better story for it.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

HellOnEarth posted:

Nope, this is the Djinn's lamp.

This is the vase that Nadja's stole from Nandor's room.

Thanks!

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

The World Inferno posted:

Agree a lot with these. The direction they've taken it in is fine, as the core of the show is fuckin' solid. But, this season really did kick off with very strong "We have new showrunners" vibes with that reset. The last season ended with a bunch of really interesting character beats to explore... and... they just didn't. & noticeably so.

Feels like a huge missed opportunity, as those were interesting beats to explore. When they pepper hints at major developments going forward, it'll be harder to take them seriously.

Venture Bro's is a great model for this. Make decisions and stick to them, your show will evolve and change, but when the core is strong enough (as imo Shadow's is) you can weather that and you'll make a better story for it.

Remember that time the main cast was sentenced to death by the Vampiric Council and their familiar came in and massacred hundreds of vamps? Then next season nobody but them remembered he was a vampire hunter, nobody came after him, and they became the new local Vampiric Council?

Yeah.

In the end, it worked though.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I liked this episode but I felt like they could have slightly less focused on the fam fights. It was definitely the least interesting part for me. Just a minute or two less mind you

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Having just watched Hellboy 2, the night market looked hella familiar.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Astroman posted:

Remember that time the main cast was sentenced to death by the Vampiric Council and their familiar came in and massacred hundreds of vamps? Then next season nobody but them remembered he was a vampire hunter, nobody came after him, and they became the new local Vampiric Council?

Yeah.

In the end, it worked though.

That worked for me because the show has gone out of its way to establish that vampires are idiots who don't know what they're doing. It was 100% in character for them as a species to learn that the familiar of some local vampires killed hundreds of other vampires and just go "Aw gently caress, aw gently caress, I don't want to have to deal with that noise, gently caress it just, I dunno, make them the new heads of the local vampiric counsel? Will that make them like us enough that they'll stop killing us? Whatever, gently caress it, just do it. What's on TV?"

Likewise I feel like all the changes from last season played out exactly like how the characters would have reacted to them. Nandor has been nicer to Guillermo because after being stood up by him he know realizes that there's a chance Guillermo really will leave him if he's too much of a dick, Guillermo is sick of vampire bullshit after being shipped across the sea in a crate twice so he stand up for himself more and spent his time in England getting a British boyfriend, Nadja immediately got bored of her new local government job and came back to America to be a girl boss because that's her true passion, and Lazlo is a dad just doing his best except his best is kind of terrifying and dangerous. 3/4 of the cast are fickle immortal hedonists, they don't respond to things the way normal humans would, and when the one normal human of the group does get reasonably upset they just blow him off and he realizes it's not worth wasting the emotional energy trying to get them to understand where he's coming from (except, sometimes, with Nandor). Arguing with vampires is like trying to argue with a toddler that can eat you.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

The_Doctor posted:

Having just watched Hellboy 2, the night market looked hella familiar.

For a second I thought that the red demon or whatever, where Guillermo says he's an orc, was Hellboy.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Captain Monkey posted:

For a second I thought that the red demon or whatever, where Guillermo says he's an orc, was Hellboy.

I was telling my wife we should watch Hellboy again right when he walked on screen lol

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
I would genuinely love to see del Toro make a cameo/guest direct/write an episode of this show.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Captain Monkey posted:

I thought it was Clancy Brown, in mostly his Devaronian makeup from Mandalorian. Not unheard of since Taika worked on both shows and he's definitely got a cast he likes (Kristen Schaal, Nick Swardson, Rhys Darby, etc.)

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
Night Market might be my favorite episode of the entire show. Who played the fight barker/announcer? My girlfriend and I think the actor looks really familiar but can’t place him.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
IMDB's listing for that episode says

quote:

Nick Corirossi ... Ring Master
He was a 'head creative' at FunnyOrDie and played several recurring characters on Late Night with Conan O'Brien

Also IMDB's page for season 4 has descriptions for the next few episodes if anyone wants some mild spoilers: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7908628/episodes?season=4&ref_=ttep_ep_sn_nx

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jul 30, 2022

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
New theory: vampires are the result of hundreds of years of lead and other chemicals building up in the brain combined with a complete inability to die

Flinger
Oct 16, 2012

Valkyries and nordic pantheon coexisting with the christian god and jebus answers all the questions I have about this show's mythology

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
i like when she's getting the magic drug from the troll guy, the troll guy is like "how do i know you're not law enforcement?" who the gently caress enforces enchanted ghost narcotics

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Wraith cops, wraith cops
Whatcha gonna do
Whatcha gonna do when they loudly shout BOO

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I love how Lazlo is trying to make the thing that climbed out of the chest cavity of Colinrobinson into somebody that isn't boring, but he's just making him be boring in a different way.

Colinrobinson is like The Terminator, is what I'm saying. He is... inevitable.

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

I'm marathoning the show with my son because he saw some memes and gave in to my cajoling. Season 1 had more shippable episodes for me than 2 or 3 did if only for making sure the setup for later payoff ( Seanie!) was intact.
Bonus fun: I now hear forums posts in the characters' voices. Try it with the last few just in this thread. It's amazing.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

CoolCab posted:

i like when she's getting the magic drug from the troll guy, the troll guy is like "how do i know you're not law enforcement?" who the gently caress enforces enchanted ghost narcotics

Rest In Peace Division. There was a Ryan Reynolds movie about it.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

BarbarousBertha posted:

I'm marathoning the show with my son because he saw some memes and gave in to my cajoling. Season 1 had more shippable episodes for me than 2 or 3 did if only for making sure the setup for later payoff ( Seanie!) was intact.
Bonus fun: I now hear forums posts in the characters' voices. Try it with the last few just in this thread. It's amazing.

"Hearing this text in the vampires' voices" is a time-honored tradition.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

disaster pastor posted:

gently caress, that’s accurate.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

disaster pastor posted:

That is perfect. I can especially hear Nadja.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

oh my god, Nandor’s face :lmao:. How many times did it change during the episode, like 4 or 5?

Someone has tried to work out how many wishes Nandor has left (they haven’t updated it for the most recent episode yet though).

Also next week, more wedding stuff and definitely not jealous Guillermo! :haw:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

"We need to be gay. Trust me. Gay is in. Gay is hot. I want some gay. Gay its gonna be."

I love this undead gay show.

Awwww, Guillermo bought his mom a new fridge! Honestly don't feel like he's doing anything wrong here, dude's been their live in maid without pay for 12 years he's just taking what he's owed.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That episode was loving incredible. I loved the utter outrage from the vampires when Guillermo pointed out they could just hypnotize the headmaster to accept the thing that crawled out of the abdomen of their dead friend Colin Robinson for his school, because "we're in too deep now!"

"I'm Arturo... the butler.... or some poo poo...."

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Maybe the best episode of the show for me, they took a very simple setup and just wrung every possible joke out of it.

Nandor's face at the end, holy poo poo.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

Also their “human” outfits were great, especially Laszlo’s flame shirt and bucket hat :haw:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"Did you guys see Mr. Beast make toothpaste for an elephant! :kiddo:"
".....we're 143-years-old....."

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
My god this show is so good lmao. What an excellent episode.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Okay the season was a little slow to get going but this? This was amazing.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

HOLY gently caress posted:

Also their “human” outfits were great, especially Laszlo’s flame shirt and bucket hat :haw:

Nadja going Jackie O. just about worked.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

didn't like this ep, was pretty hard to power through the scene with the headmaster. imo the show is best when there are other vampire guests, or when they're actually parodying something

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I do like how Guillermo is embezzling money though

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif
When they straight-up murdered Sal I nearly blacked out from laughing.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Improbable Jesters!

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
I wasn't really feeling the first three episodes, it felt like they were just slinging everything they could at the wall and hoping it sticks instead of doing the work of going for one plotline per episode and getting laughs from the characters organically reacting to the situation around them, but this one and the last have actually followed proper story structure, which is important even for a comedy show. And that was truly the best use of one of the people from Impractical Jokers.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I wasn't too into the first two episodes because they were lacking Colin Robinson, but the night market episode was amazing and this episode was too. An all-timer Nadia episode.

"Beow beow I couldn't possibly say anything, but Lionel loving Barrymore's kids might just go here beow beow"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

The thread title change is perfect :allears: