Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Apparently Neeko is in Project L

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Locke
Jul 28, 2010
Just having multiple full-featured characters fighting in completed engine is way further down the line then some of you folks think it is and that was shown off months ago. I'd assume Project L is probably aiming for Worlds '22 full reveal if they're ramping up public display of it now with launch somewhere in the following six months.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Mr. Locke posted:

Just having multiple full-featured characters fighting in completed engine is way further down the line then some of you folks think it is and that was shown off months ago. I'd assume Project L is probably aiming for Worlds '22 full reveal if they're ramping up public display of it now with launch somewhere in the following six months.

The character reveal they just put out didn't even have any footage, just concept art. They don't even have a name yet! Seems like they'd have to be playing things extremely close to the chest for a launch any time soon

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
The devs seem pretty explicit that things are still in early production, I really see no reason to assume they're lying

Rivals 2 had a reveal in April with full gameplay including new mechanics and three characters, and Dan "Based" Fornace says it's coming out in 2024. Things can be shown quite early and look "finished" when they're anything but

Countblanc fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Aug 2, 2022

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
The confusion is probably furthered by the fact Valorant took a lot less time from reveal to release.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i think they announced it early because it was the worst kept secret in the world and they wanted to hire people for it

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Also half of fgc Twitter was hyping themselves into the stratosphere that riot would present at Evo and the open beta would be right after an so on and so forth. So I'd imagine getting out in front of that before people go too crazy is helpful

That being said, I wouldn't be shocked to see a closed alpha/beta with 3 or 4 characters announced at worlds for the winter/early 2023. Similar to how SFV ran their early tests. Especially since they said they've been playing it online throughout the whole development in the first video with COVID and all

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Sunday will be the reveal of Marie The Final Skullgirls Character. In the meantime HVS has at least finished all 6 of Black Dahlia's ammunition types and that will be playable at the event.
https://twitter.com/Skullgirls/status/1554239421909803009
There's Normal grenades, buckshot, flame rounds, freeze rounds, Lightning rounds, and a freaking laser shell. Also shown is another of her Level 1 supers which will allow her to load any rounds in the order of the player's choosing if they hit the corresponding button within the right window, otherwise it's chosen for them. So that's kind of crazy and I can't wait for that patch to drop properly.

ainda_
Oct 9, 2021

We Are All Us
We will heal the world.
Can't believe I'd ever get legitimately hype for a Riot product but Illaoi is like the one dope design in all of League shes so loving cool im so psyched she made it in

ainda_ fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Aug 3, 2022

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost

Gavok posted:

Today I learned that Bryan Cranston voiced Fei Long in Street Fighter II: The Animated Movie. I don't know how to process that.

holy poo poo

lllllllllllllllllll
Feb 28, 2010

Now the scene's lighting is perfect!
Recently I was buying the 30th Anniversary Street Fighter Collection for convenience on my Xbox One S and was pleasantly surprised how good it looks and plays. Encouraged I also bought six ACA NeoGeo games published/made (you know what I mean) by the Japanese developer HAMSTER, hoping to have a good experience as well. But on the XBox you cannot even use the menus properly. Every third to fifth time you jump from one menu option to another it registers two inputs and jumps one place further than it should. How the heck can you screw up a simple menu?

Sadly you cannot choose the BIOS of the game either so it is always the arcade machine (how do you do versus games with a friend that way?), though you can choose the English or Japanese ROM and there is a "Caravan" mode which is basically "survival" for some fighting games.
Lastly the games look kinda bad. You can choose no filter, slightly blurred or blurred with scanlines which do not look all that nice compared to the old Street Fighter game, no matter which I choose.

Sorry for ranting, it just blows my mind that a company is selling games that all have the same fault, barely working menus, and gets away with it. No review mentions this as far as I know and I only found one support ticket. Is the emulation on the PS4/5 and Switch better? I'm not an emulation snob or someone counting frames. Ah well.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/aca-neo-geo-games/b1432e27-9dc5-42ae-8940-0aa449a041fe

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Defend the North early bird registration is up:
https://www.start.gg/tournament/defend-the-north-pc-powered-by-msi/details

$60 venue fee for the super early bird registration isn't bad, there's some cheap hotel rooms still available as well. Really wish they were going to have BBCF there, but hey it's a good excuse to keep playing KOFXV. Been playing melee a bit again as well so I'll see how badly I get 3 stocked in person lol

Weird Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Aug 3, 2022

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

lllllllllllllllllll posted:

Sorry for ranting, it just blows my mind that a company is selling games that all have the same fault, barely working menus, and gets away with it. No review mentions this as far as I know and I only found one support ticket. Is the emulation on the PS4/5 and Switch better? I'm not an emulation snob or someone counting frames. Ah well.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/aca-neo-geo-games/b1432e27-9dc5-42ae-8940-0aa449a041fe

The PS4/Switch versions don't have that specific menu issue but they're just as basic. Being locked to the MVS ROM is a SNK thing, apparently getting them to agree to AES ROMs is easier said then done for some stupid reason.

Hamster only released a fraction of their catalogue on XB, years later than PS4/Switch, so yeah, I think so few people bought them that the menu bug wasn't ever addressed.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I get that multiple input problem on pc with my xbox controller. Maybe both our dpads are just broken?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

east coast throwdown registration is still open too

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
More info on that Rumble Fish 2 home release that was announced a few months ago:

https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/1554980488192094208

It's been updated to run in 16:9 with a training mode, rollback netcode, art/music gallery and the usual trimmings. It'll be out this winter on Steam, Xbone/Series, PS4/5 and Switch. No word on price yet.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.
My game's launch discount ends tomorrow, so today's the last day you can save a buck: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1492750/Mega_Knockdown/

Mega Knockdown and a dozen or so other indie fighting games will be briefly featured on the main EVO stream and the EVO main stage around 1PM tomorrow, which is exciting. EVO will also be an indie FGC round table at 3:30 tomorrow with the Punch Planet guy and a few others. I think it's pretty cool that they're doing this for the small devs. They invited me to come out there and exhibit, but it was too short notice for me to board my dogs.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

dhamster posted:

My game's launch discount ends tomorrow, so today's the last day you can save a buck: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1492750/Mega_Knockdown/

Mega Knockdown and a dozen or so other indie fighting games will be briefly featured on the main EVO stream and the EVO main stage around 1PM tomorrow, which is exciting. EVO will also be an indie FGC round table at 3:30 tomorrow with the Punch Planet guy and a few others. I think it's pretty cool that they're doing this for the small devs. They invited me to come out there and exhibit, but it was too short notice for me to board my dogs.

You are going to be the evil main character of the internet in a few weeks when you accept a job at riot and shut your game down

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

EVO thread is up, come shitpost get hype here

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
Can I get some opinions on the World Hero games? I saw that the Arcade Archives version of World Heroes Perfect was on sale and I've been curious about it

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
They're mostly a curio these days but kinda fun as far as early SF2 clones go

deets
Apr 20, 2015

World Heroes Perfect is pretty awesome and ahead of its time, I interviewed Keits and some other folks about it for SRK years ago:
https://supercombo.gg/2021/10/15/numbah-one-exploring-world-heroes-perfect-with-funkdoc-keits-and-tuskdon-by-jason-moses/

BBH has also been going through the games individually for his Neo Rank Masters deep dive into the Neo Geo catalog. Well worth a look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXbgAKkqiDc

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Multiversus is not allowed in Japan, give me my fuggin anime fighter.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Barudak posted:

Multiversus is not allowed in Japan, give me my fuggin anime fighter.

wait what? thats crazy

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bugs bunny did star in a racism against them.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

wait what? thats crazy
imagine the reasons the us often doesnt get big crossover anime games, but in reverse

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
It's not specific to Japan, it's just not available in Asia for the moment. It looks like it's just an issue of priority. They wanna get the game in a stable state before they start investing in new servers.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah its an all of asia is getting screwed on this, but it still sucks. I want my anime fighter

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1555569326995931136

Guile theme out, I think its fine but I just can't get over SF2 tracks for the old characters but might just be me.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

MVC2 Re-release! On Arcade1Up Though!

https://twitter.com/MattMcMuscles/status/1555587537904848898?s=20&t=PP3EfTVaKvog4ki4Ip2kyQ

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

WOOHOOOOO

EDIT: Upon further research, is this an arcade cabinet purchaseable in America only :(

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

yes

matt referring to it as 'ITS FREE BOYS' is hilarious. these are lovely 400 dollars mini-cabinets that are both too expensive for casual use and too cheap to replicate the arcade experience. they exist primarily to bilk guys who collect funkopops and have never actually been in an arcade.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

yeah they're chintzy as hell but if they ever put out a cheapo table-top version like this I might buy it on sale

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Endorph posted:

yes

matt referring to it as 'ITS FREE BOYS' is hilarious. these are lovely 400 dollars mini-cabinets that are both too expensive for casual use and too cheap to replicate the arcade experience. they exist primarily to bilk guys who collect funkopops and have never actually been in an arcade.

Ughhhhh

Why can't they just release that bundle on PC or whatever. Why even put online play in a terrible mini cabinet thing

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

If the console version came out first no one would buy the minicabs

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Ughhhhh

Why can't they just release that bundle on PC or whatever. Why even put online play in a terrible mini cabinet thing

I'd guess it's some byzantine licensing thing at Marvel where the department that controls "videogames" doesn't want to or can't do it but this this technically a "toy"

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The cabinet is short cuz marvel players like to sit on the floor.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

morestuff posted:

I'd guess it's some byzantine licensing thing at Marvel where the department that controls "videogames" doesn't want to or can't do it but this this technically a "toy"
yeah as someone points out in matt mcmuscles's replies, stuff like the avp and punisher games have been republished through similar means without ever getting a digital rerelease.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I got to play Third Strike on a candy cab the other day. It was pretty sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

A third Mortal Kombat Legends animated movie has been announced. This time it's about Kenshi and an elderly Sub-Zero teaming up against the Black Dragon, including all the obscure members like Kobra, Kira and Tremor.

In other news, a KOF15 team profile is up for the Awakened Orochi team, confirming that Goenitz was also resurrected.