Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

El Mero Mero posted:

https://github.com/WebTools-NG has an option that will find the items that weren't picked up

kri kri posted:

Plex does this by default now

It’s under filters and unmatched

Using the unmatched, nothing shows up. It simply didn't see the file for some reason? It was pulled from Radarr so matches all the other movies that have picked up.
I have not gotten to the WebTools-NG yet;

e:for context

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

https://support.plex.tv/articles/naming-and-organizing-your-movie-media-files/

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

I'm going to be spending a couple weeks holed up with some friends in a place with spotty Internet. I can probably bring a fire stick and maybe a raspberry pi. Is Plex right for me? Would Jellyfin be better? Or should I be looking at something like Nova Video Player? Remember, spotty Internet.

MikusR
Jan 5, 2008

cruft posted:

I'm going to be spending a couple weeks holed up with some friends in a place with spotty Internet. I can probably bring a fire stick and maybe a raspberry pi. Is Plex right for me? Would Jellyfin be better? Or should I be looking at something like Nova Video Player? Remember, spotty Internet.

External drive and something to plug it into.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!

MikusR posted:

External drive and something to plug it into.

This and use Kodi.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Hard drive, laptop (or laptop with lots of free space), and a LONG hdmi cable. Forget futzing with finnicky software while on vacation. Works in many hotel rooms too.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

H110Hawk posted:

Hard drive, laptop (or laptop with lots of free space), and a LONG hdmi cable. Forget futzing with finnicky software while on vacation. Works in many hotel rooms too.

I travelled for the first time since before the pandemic a few weeks ago and was disgusted to find out that the TV in the hotel was locked to one HDMI and you couldn't connect anything to it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Medullah posted:

I travelled for the first time since before the pandemic a few weeks ago and was disgusted to find out that the TV in the hotel was locked to one HDMI and you couldn't connect anything to it.

You can get remotes that'll unlock these but yes it's a pain when it happens for sure. The best hotels are the ones that have a desk with an ethernet cable and HDMI socket built in, the worst ones are the ones that have this but they don't work.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Medullah posted:

The worst is when they have somehow locked the TV volume at 99, so when you plug your thing in instead of the hotel set-top box, it's AT TOP VOLUME AND YOU CANNOT TURN IT DOWN

I travel a lot, I guess. Usually I just bring the Fire TV stick and run Plex over the hotel wifi, but every once in a while I hit one of these and it's pretty irritating.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think in one of the audio settings there's a volume adjustment but it might only be gain, it might help a bit in that situation though?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

You can get remotes that'll unlock these but yes it's a pain when it happens for sure.

What do you buy? I was recently in a hotel with Xtreme Powersaving enabled and it meant that the screen gave me a headache as it oscillated between light and dark scenes because apparently darker scenes don't need backlighting? It looked like the TV was dying it was so fast. Literally a 1s holdup on the back light amount.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Nearly every hotel I've been to in the last few years has Chromecast built in and they've attached a service to it to prevent others from casting to your tv.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I don't have any specific recommendations as it's just something I've picked up from other people discussing it in plex groups. I did a quick search and can see someone had an old X360 media remote he was able to use, and other people carry DirecTV remotes that have Source buttons, programmable remotes etc.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don't have any specific recommendations as it's just something I've picked up from other people discussing it in plex groups. I did a quick search and can see someone had an old X360 media remote he was able to use, and other people carry DirecTV remotes that have Source buttons, programmable remotes etc.

Gotcha. I wound up watching directly on my washed out laptop screen because it was better than the headache on the TV. I saw online people discussing using installer remotes, as I needed to get into locked menus to disable their power saving garbage.

cruft
Oct 25, 2007

Bonzo posted:

Nearly every hotel I've been to in the last few years has Chromecast built in and they've attached a service to it to prevent others from casting to your tv.

Yeah, I'm a fan of these, I hope they catch on more broadly.

Dicty Bojangles
Apr 14, 2001

EL BROMANCE posted:

Chillin in the hotel watching channel 2600 suck on that ya phreak

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I'd like to nominate whoever did the thetvdb entries for the new Beavis and Butt-Head episodes for the Nobel Peace Prize as the episodes are actually showing as "two episodes" in a single file properly with the description etc.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

How long until the mods nuke and lock it??

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
You people stay at some crappy hotels.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Elephanthead posted:

You people stay at some crappy hotels.

This was the intercontinental in downtown Los Angeles. It's how they get stupid energy efficiency awards and other dumb stuff like shaving 5 watts per hour off their TV energy draw. The fancier chain hotels are getting stricter about it in the most annoying ways.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

univbee posted:

I'd like to nominate whoever did the thetvdb entries for the new Beavis and Butt-Head episodes for the Nobel Peace Prize as the episodes are actually showing as "two episodes" in a single file properly with the description etc.

It came up as 4 entries on mine, but I knew I'd have to keep my eye on it as there was zero chance those assholes would either do the right thing, or not change it a thousand times. The original fileset I saw did 2 episodes per file, but I've replaced them with 'each story as it's own file' to match what TVDB was showing for me in Sonarr for less headaches.

Lets be honest, it's a massive surprise it's not down as B&B s10 right now, but give it an hour....

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
If a buddy wants to access my plex server on his ipad, does he need to pay the $5 activation fee, or is that waived because I have a lifetime plex pass?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Taima posted:

If a buddy wants to access my plex server on his ipad, does he need to pay the $5 activation fee, or is that waived because I have a lifetime plex pass?

I think he could do it through safari browser for free but if he wants to use the app he'd have to buy it.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It's a bit of a pain (but usable) on the browser from my experience with an iPad I borrowed, if they're going to do it long term it's worth spending the money. The fee won't be waived because you happen to be a Lifetime person, they don't see that as relevant.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
Been experiencing a weird issue lately with TV show playback. From time to time the "Next up" episode is the one that just played (thumbnail, episode title, and description) and usually it plays the next episode but about a third of the time the episode that just played plays again. Tried updating and restarting the service on my Synology NAS but it still happens

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

E: nm misread

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Taima posted:

He'll still have to pay the the $5 IAP. I wouldn't recommend having him stream content through a browser - many video files won't direct play from the browser.

I recently had a friend bitch and moan about having to pay the $5 one-time IAP for Plex on his $1200 iPhone Pro Max. Reminded me of this:

https://theoatmeal.com/blog/apps

Pirates are the worst.

Corb3t fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Aug 8, 2022

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I don't know if there's an answer, but has anyone seen this before? Recently our Plex app on the bedroom Chromecast TV will play TV shows with the audio delayed, but it's fine everywhere else. On the same Chromecast it's fine if I just cast the same episode to it. Can't work out how I would even troubleshoot it.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster
For the second time in as many months Plex has lost the ability to recognize updated libraries on my Mac. Didn’t touch the server the last 24hrs, reset the computer, or anything else save for putting new content in the same old directories that is not being recognized.

Last time this happened I literally had to change the media folder to different HDD.

Ideas?

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

loving hell I wish flagship phones were still $425.

And pirates certainly can be the worst, but they are also responsible for saving a lot of film history when distributors wanted to destroy their content. Much like in the swashbuckling days, piracy is a land of contrasts.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Anyone know what’s up with the Windows version of the Plex player? It lost the ability to select quality of playback in a recent update and everything looks awful/transcodes. Heck, the browser version works fine.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Can someone please link me to the Home Networking Thread? I can't remember where it is. tia

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Bonzo posted:

Can someone please link me to the Home Networking Thread? I can't remember where it is. tia

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3442319

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

Hello goons

Would a 1035G4 be enough to do 2 streams of 4k HDR transcode?

Looking at something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beelink-i5..._ci_mcx_mi&th=1

This going to be at worst though, the absolute vast majority of my stuff will be direct play.

If not I'll go for the i5-8279U as I'm pretty sure that won't have much trouble, but it's less power efficient.

TescoBag fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Aug 14, 2022

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit

TescoBag posted:

Hello goons

Would a 1035G4 be enough to do 2 streams of 4k HDR transcode?

Looking at something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Beelink-i5..._ci_mcx_mi&th=1

This going to be at worst though, the absolute vast majority of my stuff will be direct play.

If not I'll go for the i5-8279U as I'm pretty sure that won't have much trouble, but it's less power efficient.

if the OS you’re running supports quicksync it should be enough

TescoBag
Dec 2, 2009

Oh god, not again.

e.pilot posted:

if the OS you’re running supports quicksync it should be enough

It's be Windows or Linux so as far as I know it should support it

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I run the cheapest celeron with quick sync and it’s is fine. The key is generation 9 or later but they are so cheap it don’t matter. I also use a ram drive for the swap space. Linux if you want more then two streams.

Kivi
Aug 1, 2006
I care
SRT subtitles stopped working on my bedroom TV, B7 LG OLED and its Plex app. They just won't show up. The app is up to date.

If I burn them (not ideal, but I have the horsepower, 44 cores and a Quadro) they work but the app won't remember the burn setting so I have to go and switch it from Automatic to Always I want to watch something. I mostly use subtitles so I won't have to crank the sound super loud late at night.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
Is there a way to tell radarr to avoid releases with hardcoded subs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

nexus6 posted:

Is there a way to tell radarr to avoid releases with hardcoded subs?

Add a release profile under: Settings -> Profiles -> Release Profiles (at the bottom)

with the subber groups you want to exclude the application

Nitrousoxide fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Aug 17, 2022