Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osHD91sQUOk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

RokosCockatrice posted:

RimWorld bills itself as a story generator

i think that is one of the best attractions of rimworld. on the higher difficulties you are expected to lose people and your pawns are expected to deal with it. makes for a good story, but hurts on any emotional or progressive investment you have on the pawns

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

cool its on steam

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

he;ll yeah

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

dioxazine posted:

i think that is one of the best attractions of rimworld. on the higher difficulties you are expected to lose people and your pawns are expected to deal with it. makes for a good story, but hurts on any emotional or progressive investment you have on the pawns

playing rimworld gives you the perpetual feeling of “oh man if i can only get x sorted out, it’s gonna be smooth sailing from now on” but you never truly get it all sorted out. there’s always something you’re trying to recover from. sometimes there are brief moments of bliss when it's all running smoothly, and I guess that's why it's so addictive. always chasing that high

polyester concept fucked around with this message at 01:27 on Aug 5, 2022

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i beat tsushima. it was fun. probably gonna go through and do all the locations and stuff with little jones but i can't really imagine messing with new game plus

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

polyester concept posted:

playing rimworld gives you the perpetual feeling of “oh man if i can only get x sorted out, it’s gonna be smooth sailing from now on” but you never truly get it all sorted out. there’s always something you’re trying to recover from. sometimes there are brief moments of bliss when it's all running smoothly, and I guess that's why it's so addictive. always chasing that high

my life is rimworld

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

can you "win" in rimworld?

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Yeah you can escape the RimWorld with your peeps

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

but why would you want to leave the comfort of the cave you dug

polyester concept
Mar 29, 2017

The last time I played, I made it to the final stretch of the royalty ending where you have to protect the head honcho from attacks. Some assholes landed in drop pods right next to a stack of mortar shells and immediately opened fire just as I was trying to evacuate. Not only did the shells explode and set a ton of my guys on fire, it also destroyed a support beam which caused a roof to collapse, breaking the royalty dude’s neck.

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

i hate this thread. tricked me into playing on the easiest setting. spent about four hours chillin and base buildin when a mad donkey tears through and incapacitates all three of my fighters in one go, leaving me with a pair of pacifists and a still mad donkey.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

fairly unimpressive fighters, huh

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

for anyone else that enjoys watching high level fighting jame play

https://twitter.com/evo/status/1554957916318433280?s=21&t=__7-bW3NMmoY0y-43VqQjA

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

dioxazine posted:

fairly unimpressive fighters, huh

yeah, i was kinda dumb thinking i could play on the easiest chillax setting with a starting colony of two pacifists and one mediocre fighter. managed to recruit a couple more mediocre violence capable colonists before the rear end incident.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

pacifists suck rear end

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

almost as bad as pyromaniacs

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

nudgenudgetilt posted:

i hate this thread. tricked me into playing on the easiest setting. spent about four hours chillin and base buildin when a mad donkey tears through and incapacitates all three of my fighters in one go, leaving me with a pair of pacifists and a still mad donkey.

It could be worse, you could have dropped into hyperfocus and stayed up until 4am playing Super Auto Pets.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

MrQueasy posted:

It could be worse, you could have dropped into hyperfocus and stayed up until 4am playing Super Auto Pets.

i will make this sloth get to level three

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

MrQueasy posted:

...that was wed night. I'm not a fan of this week's pet pack.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

nudgenudgetilt posted:

...that was wed night. I'm not a fan of this week's pet pack.

it's hard! I keep stalling out at 3 wins because I get trapped trying to scale a dog.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

MrQueasy posted:

it's hard! I keep stalling out at 3 wins because I get trapped trying to scale a dog.

The Most Dangerous Game: Dogscaling

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

super auto pets is incredibly addictive for what is basically an I/O simulator

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lol i didnt expect that to be a real game

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

been trying DQ11 again lately

sylvando is just the best character :allears:

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ciaphas posted:

It's such a great game.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Ciaphas posted:

i played it when it first came out, and played it again last year, and fell in love with it all over again; i just love that game so much. i hope you're playin the definitive edition (w/ battle speed settings and the added stories/cutscenes), because it makes some good qol improvements over the original.

sylvando :swoon:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

yeah the last time i played i quit before finishing the Gallopolis stuff (bad timing lmao) mostly because combat. took. so. long. but between fast & ultra-fast I'm happy as a pig in mud

ditto things like instant horse and using the forge anywheres

just arriving at Puerto Valero and trying to figure out the new characters. i get decision paralysis so bad looking at skill trees lol

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

started playing no man's sky again a few weeks ago. it quickly has gone into my top 10 games by play time on steam.

thinking about trying factorio again. this time modded. i opened it up the other day, but i do not remember how to play it. i'll have to do the tutorial again.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Gnossiennes posted:

i played it when it first came out, and played it again last year, and fell in love with it all over again; i just love that game so much. i hope you're playin the definitive edition (w/ battle speed settings and the added stories/cutscenes), because it makes some good qol improvements over the original.

sylvando :swoon:

I have bought that game 3 times now.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

I've tried DQ11 three times now and have bounced off the intro/prologue every time

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
c xiv s:

https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1556325014563016704

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

NinetySevenA posted:

started playing no man's sky again a few weeks ago. it quickly has gone into my top 10 games by play time on steam.

my brother just got it and it's fun to play with someone just experiencing it for the first time. we went from finding resources to stumbling on an abandoned freighter all by accident while doing the community expedition. he's used to more intense survival games, so it was super chill

i sorta wish i'd played coop sooner. the weekend mission and community expeditions did a lot to push players together that really encourage a friendliness and collaboration

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

The Fool posted:

I've tried DQ11 three times now and have bounced off the intro/prologue every time

same.

it’s just so… slow…. which I’m told is a feature, not a bug

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
I'm starting to lose faith that rimworld, as I play it, is a beatable game. I've sunk maybe 40 hours into a single colony here, and despite the fact one of my starter pawns is still alive I keep getting so wrecked it's insane.

I set up a fancy killbox and lol the first pirate in the line had marine armor so he just waltzed up through the bullets and whoops this raid made off with 9 of my dudes

god drat it I'm already thinking of how to build it better so that won't happen next time but seriously what the hell this sucks

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i finished stormblood and it is a good and nice expansion. going to take a little break and do side poo poo, maybe start some fluff quests, get the gunbreaker up to par and see where we are there

lyse's new dress is very pretty and nice and i am proud of her

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i played DQXI for a few hours but I hate the music

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

i finished stormblood and it is a good and nice expansion. going to take a little break and do side poo poo, maybe start some fluff quests, get the gunbreaker up to par and see where we are there

check out the 24man return to ivalice raids, theyre some of the best designed fights in the game imo. the story is either cool (if your a fft/ff12/vagrant story fan) or way too wordy (if you have awful taste)

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Jonny 290 posted:

is ffxiv's endgame like gw2, where it slowly becomes who can craft the coolest outfits from armor combos? i'm totally a fan of fashion wars, if that's the case it just sounds better and better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

got thps 1+2 for ps5 and am definitely still not used to the controller

the other ps+ game for the month is yakuza like a dragon which is amazing imo