Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

RandomBlue posted:

the room around the elephant?

What elephant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

bertolt rekt posted:

Times are changing, that’s for sure. It’s a sad day when the osha thread won’t fall for the airframe parachute derail anymore.

Don't worry, we still have bicycle derails every 10 pages

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

:goofy:

Serjeant Snubbin
Feb 1, 2002

Pillbug
What’s that from? Back of an oven? Nothing a 30 amp breaker can’t handle.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Maybe feed the wires through the hole and use a strain relief next time.

Pay no attention to the wire order whatsoever though

TotalLossBrain fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Aug 5, 2022

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Just disconnect the positive wire and you'll be fine. That's the gray one.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Looks like one wire was never connected.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
Magnet fishers fined after pulling 86 rockets from Fort Stewart river

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

And of course the cops are trying to punish them for finding it:

quote:

“You’re all gettin’ tickets, you can come to court and talk to a judge, okay?” the warden said. “The reason magnet fishing is not allowed is because of exactly what y’all got right there. You don’t know what’s going to blow up and not blow up.”

The alternative to tickets would be to go to jail, he added.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

LifeSunDeath posted:

And of course the cops are trying to punish them for finding it:

They had no permission to be there or to magnet fish there so...

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

... I think in general you want to discourage civvies from fishing up potential uxo, but maybe that's just me.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah not only were they magnet fishing improperly, they should have called the cops after rocket #1 not rocket #86

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Nenonen posted:

They had no permission to be there or to magnet fish there so...

quote:

Nachtwey said that he and his team had called the DNR ahead of time, which purportedly said magnet fishing is legal as long as it’s in a “green zone.”

However, the warden stated that red (off-limit) and green (acceptable) zones don’t apply in this scenario because the group was on Fort Stewart property. Because the base is owned by the Federal Government, the Department of Natural Resources has no authority to issue such permission, though it can ticket for offenses in the area.

I’m not saying that they aren’t playing really stupid games, but they at least attempted to get permission.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Where I live there's three potential outcomes. You find junk, you destroy an archaeological site, or you find some very spicy remains from two world wars that everyone else would very much prefer to leave undisturbed where it lay, thank you very much.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Probably not a great idea to go fishing near an army base. If it was a random river somewhere and you found 86 rockets, you'd probably be calling the bomb guys after rocket #4, not wait until you got a big haul and took videos and pictures. Dumb lucky assholes to only get a couple of fines.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Splode posted:

Don't worry, we still have derailleurs every 10 pages

Ftfy

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

MrYenko posted:

I’m not saying that they aren’t playing really stupid games, but they at least attempted to get permission.

Presumably they didn't know that federal property was different, and the DNR person they talked to didn't realize that they were going to go to a federal military base area. A broken telephone. A small fine seems par course, they weren't knowingly breaking the rules but government should discourage such reckless and unauthorized activity. They should look into how well that information is available though, if there were no signs on site and nothing marked on maps then it smells like bullshit.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Trespassing aside, shouldn't the general idea to be get loving ordinance out of a water source? And I dunno, maybe get some low ranking grunts to clean it up? OK, it's possibly live explosives (another wrinkle), then get some bomb disposal guys on that poo poo. Maybe magnet fishermen shouldn't be able to scoop old rockets out of a river, because there shouldn't be any rockets in the river in the first place.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Yes, eventually even if they don't blow up the shells will rust and then nasty chemicals will enter water.

But Fort Stewart was founded in 1941 so you can expect that there's a lot of stuff in the perimeter that there just isn't any records of. And what, do you expect the DoD to have money to just look for decades old dangerous poo poo and take care of them??? It might cost millions!!!

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

CzarChasm posted:

Trespassing aside, shouldn't the general idea to be get loving ordinance out of a water source? And I dunno, maybe get some low ranking grunts to clean it up? OK, it's possibly live explosives (another wrinkle), then get some bomb disposal guys on that poo poo. Maybe magnet fishermen shouldn't be able to scoop old rockets out of a river, because there shouldn't be any rockets in the river in the first place.

think of it like these guys were metal detecting on the land of an army base where live fire exercises take place

they're digging up crap that is better left buried

Nenonen posted:

Yes, eventually even if they don't blow up the shells will rust and then nasty chemicals will enter water.

due to runoff the creeks near any kind of military or large industrial facility will already have nasty chemicals in it, more than what some uxo would contribute

i mean i get the personal freedom and environmental angles but generally we should discourage people from scavenging on the grounds of a military base imo

Mr. Fall Down Terror fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Aug 5, 2022

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Mr. Fall Down Terror posted:

think of it like these guys were metal detecting on the land of an army base where live fire exercises take place

they're digging up crap that is better left buried

due to runoff the creeks near any kind of military or large industrial facility will already have nasty chemicals in it, more than what some uxo would contribute

i mean i get the personal freedom and environmental angles but generally we should discourage people from scavenging on the grounds of a military base imo

Seems like we should discourage the military.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i mean ideological opposition to the military and war and all that is entirely good and moral, but no amount of moral correctness makes it a good idea to film yourself deliberately fishing around for rusty old bullets and things that might blow your fingers off

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

If you guys hate magnet divers so much, and love the police so much, why wouldn't you want the problem to just sort itself out?

e, oh poo poo you guys are literally Sea Patrol.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
"Hey guys, what's up! DanDangerDiver here and today we'll be exploring the SS Richard Montgomery, but before we get started don't forget to slam that like and subscribe"

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

"Hey guys, what's up! DanDangerDiver here and today we'll be exploring the SS Richard Montgomery, but before we get started don't forget to slam that like and subscribe"

"We're gonna jokingly try to set it off to demonstrate how safe it is!"

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
These scoobydoo recreational divers will soon know the taste of hobnail boot and axe handle thanks to the powers of martial law granted to SEA PATROL.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

"We're gonna jokingly try to set it off to demonstrate how safe it is!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLKLppIvFFc

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Blue Moonlight posted:

These scoobydoo recreational divers will soon know the taste of hobnail boot and axe handle thanks to the powers of martial law granted to SEA PATROL.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/DowntownLAScan/status/1555337654543126528?s=20&t=55G3pPcwAu-8HTFlrWbXow

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

:stare:

They really did see some serious poo poo

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Ugh, six people died in that including an infant and pregnant woman.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:wth: I thought this only happens in action movies.

Deathslinger
Jul 12, 2022

Here's the sump pit in the cellar of a pub I used to work in:

You have to step over it to get to the wine bottle room (the brightly-lit part)

One girl fell in it while wearing a dress

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Drinkslinger posted:

Here's the sump pit in the cellar of a pub I used to work in:

You have to step over it to get to the wine bottle room (the brightly-lit part)

One girl fell in it while wearing a dress

It seems like it would be super easy to make a cover/walkway for this.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
stolen from the Donnie LOL thread.

axolotl farmer posted:

Reminder that this exists. Tag yourselves, I'm the price tag residue on one of the brand new tape measures.

love the handyman cosplay/dressup.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Just move to the Delaware coast and they’ll bring the UXB to you!

http://www.film-tech.com/ubb/f8/t003206.html

"For the past three months, surplus munitions dumped at sea decades ago have been turning up in some shell-covered driveways in Sussex County. Authorities believe the rusted explosives are being dredged up by clam harvesters from the Atlantic Ocean in spots where the Army dumped surplus ordnance after World War I and World War II.”

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I love how "dump it in the ocean" has always been the go to for things no one wants anymore.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rg5b4vfzoK1r0uzl6.mp4

Fell Mood
Jul 2, 2022

A terrible Fell look!

PhazonLink posted:

stolen from the Donnie LOL thread.

love the handyman cosplay/dressup.

Good osha content. He needs to move the poo poo out from in front on the fuse box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

PainterofCrap posted:

Just move to the Delaware coast and they’ll bring the UXB to you!

http://www.film-tech.com/ubb/f8/t003206.html

"For the past three months, surplus munitions dumped at sea decades ago have been turning up in some shell-covered driveways in Sussex County. Authorities believe the rusted explosives are being dredged up by clam harvesters from the Atlantic Ocean in spots where the Army dumped surplus ordnance after World War I and World War II.”
I don't understand the problem. The people asked for shell covered driveways. They should have been more specific.