Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Kirios posted:

Garcia looks bad so far.

Now that Odo's gone, Garcia is taking the mantle of worst starter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Is there anything Aaron Hicks does well?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
I’m gonna mcmagic it up here

I hate this loving Yankees team. They look like dog poo poo, IKF shouldn’t be on the field, German should be launched into the sun, Christ.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

mikeraskol posted:

I hate this loving Yankees team. They look like dog poo poo, IKF shouldn’t be on the field, German should be launched into the sun, Christ.

The Yankees have successfully invented time travel because this is the 2021 team all over again.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

mikeraskol posted:

Cashman should be getting killed for trading Monty and leaving German on the team

Again I'm gonna bang this drum, free Peraza. IKF sucks. What's the point of hugging all your SS prospects cause you believe in them and leaving him in AAA while IKF struggles to hit balls out of the infield

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Aug 7, 2022

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

When is Stanton set to come back?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

TV Zombie posted:

When is Stanton set to come back?

If everything goes well hopefully two or three weeks?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nodoze posted:

Cashman should be getting killed for trading Monty and leaving German on the team

Again I'm gonna bang this drum, free Peraza. IKF sucks. What's the point of hugging all your SS prospects cause you believe in them and leaving him in AAA while IKF struggles to hit balls out of the infield

Eternal GM for life Cashman to you sir.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Oh gently caress blowing the game already but more importantly Max Fried is down

e: tripped fielding a throw, bonked his head on the way down, up and seems OK now

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Nodoze posted:

Peraza should be up tomorrow. IKF is worthless.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

I hope fried is ok

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

mikeraskol posted:

Peraza should be up tomorrow. IKF is worthless.

I honestly don’t get the delay with calling up Peraza. Even the best rookies need time to adjust to MLB pitching, especially MLB offspeed offerings. The longer they wait the less time they will give him for that adjustment period before the playoffs.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If the Yankees weren't getting next to nothing out of Hicks. Donaldson, Benintendi and Torres over the last 2 months and with Rizzo and Stanton being hurt IKF wouldn't be a big issue.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Trading Monty for Bader is even more stupid when you realize that they already have a 4th OF who is a good pinch hitter and fast in Locastro lol. It's the same loving player.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Keith Hernandez prefers Max Scherzer’s brown eye.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

holy poo poo Arenado

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002
Arenado baseball good

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Mid Evening LaMonte

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

IKF isn't exactly regressing this year - this is the player he's always been. Why are Yankee fans so bent out of shape about him?

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Jays defense is a fuckin circus lmao

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Davis bomb into Mt. Davis

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

drat what a play by RIley and especially d'Arnaud if it stands.

e: I think he was safe, but couldn't Atlanta be given a gift there for coolness sake?

RC and Moon Pie fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Aug 7, 2022

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I don't see how you can say for certain that he touched the plate there, but i doubt it makes a difference in the game result.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Either Judge hits a 3 run homer or the Yankees don't score any runs.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

dane dunning revenge game going well for him

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006

R.D. Mangles posted:

dane dunning revenge game going well for him

happy for him, if the sox are gonna look like rear end might as well be against an old friend

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

If this is how I set up behind the plate and I kept getting my ball sack absolutely destroyed by foul tips every other inning I would consider squatting in a way that protected my scrotum more

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
Also I talked myself into Grandal because they actually spent money for once, but he is pretty much a disaster for what they’ve paid.

Would have much rather just kept McCann

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

well I'm glad the braves won last year cause this Mets series has exposed some pretty big holes and I don't think we're going far this fall, lol

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Tanner Banks: It's a beautiful day for a ballgame
Let's walk two!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

R.D. Mangles posted:

If this is how I set up behind the plate and I kept getting my ball sack absolutely destroyed by foul tips every other inning I would consider squatting in a way that protected my scrotum more

Wouldn’t a cup help?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Jesus christ white sox

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

This is an amazing stat

https://twitter.com/genymets/status/1556091014816956418?s=20&t=G9A-gDnwBsP5jCkc_igRTw

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Bart is no longer trash now?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

TV Zombie posted:

Wouldn’t a cup help?

I think it still hurts but also I'm always shocked at the number of big leaguers who don't wear a cup. For the record i do not know the status of this guy's penis protection equipment.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

It's truly amazing that the Yankees watch Aaron Hicks play every day and still keep putting him in the lineup. He hasn't got a hit in pretty much 2 weeks and he was MOVED UP in the lineup from yesterday to today.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Will Smith

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Benintendi is such unbelievable dogshit.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Really good bunt by Nido to get that run in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
lol Braves