Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth
As some of you may know, today marks the 77th anniversary of America dropping a nuclear bomb on Hiroshima, Japan.

Much has been said about this topic - how do you feel about this event, fellow goons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i don't think america would do that, op

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
gently caress tha mods and OP

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
war so isn't awesome

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EsAdGwEMkA&t=41s

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
WWII was rough.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
To be fair, America nuked itself waaaaay more times than it nuked Japan, like literally a thousand times

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
never happened

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
pretty hosed up imo

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
It was good

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The Japanese try to blame America for everything, but their own documentaries show it was done by a giant lizard with lasers, do they think we don't know about that?

And now they are trying to cancel Alex Jones for reporting this and pretending it's actually about some stupid kids nobody cares about! Sad!

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

when i was a teenager living in japan our international school went to hiroshima on a school trip and stood in a big front of a memorial and we all sang "blowin in the wind" by Bob Dylan

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Gravy Boat 2k
I think it sucked rear end that a situation came up where something like it happened.

Went to Hiroshima in 2014, really pretty area. The memorial for the bombings is good too. It's pretty up front about just how awful it really got.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

Would anime still exist if the bomb was never dropped on Japan? Makes you wonder if the cost was just too much...

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Fuck yeah cinema is finally dead
Anime developed as a response to the national psychic trauma caused by the bombings. This easily makes it America's greatest war crime

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9xAjiZo7go

they got A bombed so some polish guy made this, then david lynch put it in twin peaks and that was like woah. and who says tv can't be an experience??

also the museum was cool i guess but hot drat does all the tourists ruin the atmosphere

it's like if they turned chernobyl into disney land!!! crowds n all

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
:cheersbird:

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde
It was a good start but they should have finished the job and nuked everyone on earth.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
The people who dropped those bombs had incredibly small penises

ellasmith
Sep 29, 2021

by Azathoth

Icochet posted:

The people who dropped those bombs had incredibly small penises

huh? i wasn't even born yet

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Japan should be allowed to nuke 2 US cities of their choosing as reparation.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i bet it hurt pretty bad to get nuked. like easily 10/10 on the pain scale.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
Unjustified mass murder against a country that was on the verge of surrender anyways and most importantly to Truman a dickwave at the Soviets.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Fuck yeah cinema is finally dead

Ratios and Tendency posted:

That's what 9/11 was. They just got confused and chose New York twice after hearing the song.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Ratios and Tendency posted:

But then China would be allowed to pick a small town in Japan where they could murder 200,000 people and rape 10% of them. Or we could enslave 330,000 Japanese and work them to death building railways. Where will the madness end.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Atom & Eve

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Nagasaki seems like the most hosed up of the two OP. Japan was already ready to talk peace after Hiroshima, but we dropped the hydrogen bomb anyway...

Although really both bombings are pretty hosed up. 'Lets just drop a bomb in the middle of a city and kill a bunch of citizens..."

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

it's not cool to blow up thousands of civilians imo

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Sparing Berlin so you can scoop all the best Nazis for various leadership positions in you're country smdh

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Colonel Cancer posted:

Sparing Berlin so you can scoop all the best Nazis for various leadership positions in you're country smdh

Nazis on the first page, good job everyone.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ellasmith posted:

As some of you may know, today marks the 77th anniversary of America dropping a nuclear bomb on Hiroshima, Japan.

Much has been said about this topic - how do you feel about this event, fellow goons?

At least they didn't drop your posts on Japan. That would've been even worse than the atom bomb.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
we only nuked two cities. an admirable showing of restraint imo

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
When I was a kid and I learned they called the bombs "Fat Man and Little Boy" it made me think of that show "Jake and the Fat Man".

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Strange Poon posted:

When I was a kid and I learned they called the bombs "Fat Man and Little Boy" it made me think of that show "Jake and the Fat Man".

That show envisioned a brighter future in which we used nuclear fission to solve crimes. Alas...

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master
I think it saved millions of both Japanese and American lives that would have been lost had a land invasion of the Japanese mainland proceeded

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Nukes are for unskilled noobs

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
This is not the good awesome unless ... nope.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Wizard Master posted:

I think it saved millions of both Japanese and American lives that would have been lost had a land invasion of the Japanese mainland proceeded

yeah

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
gas thread ban op

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
The bombings were cruel and unnecessary and mainly happened because the US wanted to wave it's dick at the Soviet Union.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

I will nuke the poo poo out of you, in civilization 6