Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

LET ALBERT RUN

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

R.D. Mangles posted:

LET ALBERT RUN

It's been a good year for Big Man Baseball and that Donovan out is punishment for not respecting it

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Mets bullpen after Diaz is dreadful.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

30 games over .500

I gotta get to a game at Citi this year

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

May may get better since it’s his first start back. Is Lugo ok? Given and Joely need to be better.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The cardinals are using dead balls right?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

TV Zombie posted:

30 games over .500

I gotta get to a game at Citi this year

Best team in NY

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Yankees should fire Boone. Change something up. (they won't)

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

That was a pitiful performance.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Noot it and boot it.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Schneider made a lot of really dipshit decisions tonight

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
mickey moniak has been on the Angels for like 3 days and he already has two home runs

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Manny showing some real hustle out there

https://twitter.com/ChadMoriyama/status/1556123529388519429?t=rV1nPx_yJPonFw-TNp8tQQ&s=19

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Kirios posted:

IKF isn't exactly regressing this year - this is the player he's always been. Why are Yankee fans so bent out of shape about him?

He can't even hit the ball out of the infield, and his defense hasn't been anything to write home about despite that being his calling card

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
While the Mariners are poised to lose another game to the Angels, I've been impressed with the way they've handled Ohtani this weekend.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
the angels decided to go into seattle and knock them out of a wild card spot and they just might do it

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
They need to win tomorrow but Julio coming back is huge. He’s essentially been a 135-140 wRC+ bat and average/above average CF this year.

Really need to option Kyle Lewis back to AAA and bench Santana though. I’m afraid the team is going to make sentimental decisions and make this team worse than it should be in the short term (Mitch fielding too much, Santana plays too much, Kyle Lewis stays with the big club, Marco keeps his rotation spot, etc).

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
yeah not having Julio is really unfortunate for Seattle. he was hitting on a whole other level in the week or two before he went down, since the end of june really.

angels pitching isn't a complete meme either, you didn't have to face ohtani but sandoval has been solid all year and detmers is having a really good stretch at the moment too. its mostly the bullpen that sucks and that just hasn't happened yet this weekend

Johnny Bravo fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Aug 7, 2022

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Awesome to know every Sunday is a loss with the AAA lineup playing

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

https://twitter.com/Cubs/status/1556301781684174848?t=bzxd8c2a8kqDk0VftYx8_w&s=19

Don't know if they'll play today because of all the rain, but it's weird that Contreras hasn't caught a game since the trade deadline.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I know Im just a casual fan and miss a lot of things, but am I wrong in thinking this year has been abnormally bad for ump calls? It doesnt even appear to be team biased, every game seems to have multiple real bad strikes that are miles outside the zone or balls that are right down the middle of the plate.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Oswald Peraza was just taken out of the game in AAA because he got hit on the hand by a pitch. So I guess we're stuck with IKF for the rest of the season.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

ihatepants posted:

Oswald Peraza was just taken out of the game in AAA because he got hit on the hand by a pitch. So I guess we're stuck with IKF for the rest of the season.

Maybe it's just precautionary

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Montas looks great today

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

Aaron hicks is so loving bad at everything lmao

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
And that’s why he’ll be NL MVP

E: never mind that wasent Goldie.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Luis Castillo was there but nope, gotta trade for Montas

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
All I can do is laugh really.

When they hit, they can’t pitch. If they pitch well, they don’t hit. And the bullpen can blow it whenever they choose.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I Legit think the Yankees should fire Boone.

Manager doesn’t really matter but they can’t play .500 ball the rest of the way without any shakeup.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Nodoze posted:

Montas looks great today

:allears:

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

davecrazy posted:

I Legit think the Yankees should fire Boone.

Manager doesn’t really matter but they can’t play .500 ball the rest of the way without any shakeup.

Has a manager in first place ever been fired?

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
The man who holds leads is named Colin Holderman

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Apparently, Pete Rose is/was being vulgar and a creep in the Phillies booth at the game today.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Why are the Cardinals letting Wainright do this, it's like a thousand degrees out and he's worked really hard today

e: oh look the Yankees left the bases loaded again :negative:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Jays need to make some trades over the offseason to build around the Pop-Outman bullpen.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

Apparently, Pete Rose is/was being vulgar and a creep in the Phillies booth at the game today.

Sounds like the uncle you have to put up with at Thanksgiving:
https://mobile.twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/1556368401911644160?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

Sounds like the uncle you have to put up with at Thanksgiving:

https://twitter.com/StrangernAlps/status/1556363394109902856

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost
Aw man, Sarge is sounding rough

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

has Sampson considered growing out his hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Boone about to get ejected, this ump is terrible

e: JUDGE