Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Lol that the team has been playing so poorly recently when Judge has been loving insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Boone gone and the crisp field mics are picking up all the swears :laugh:

e: man, Carpenter just missed a bomb and then got run up on a pitch in the batters box

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
This ump has been terrible and it’s honestly killing both sides. Two loving strikeouts this inning that were outside the zone.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Yeah I put the game on for all of a minute, heard this and seinfeld-nope-gif'd the TV right back off. Don't need to be cringing in embarrassment at my team's broadcast

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
that's a loving terrible call

e: what the utter gently caress

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 7, 2022

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

how dare you interview the head coach of Duke loving basketball

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Washington is an horrendous baseball team

How did they win a World Series not even three years ago

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Pleas score runs for DeGrom, Mets

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
deGrom is dominating.

Mets perfectly positioned to get 1 hit offensively.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?
Whatever, it will be a 1-1 game through the fifth and then one team will score 10. Go Braves!

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
The Jays game going to extras is entirely Garcia's fault for balking. If they lose, I would put the loss squarely on him.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Washington is an horrendous baseball team

How did they win a World Series not even three years ago

They gutted the team after that WS. Had a big fire sale on all their guys.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Pete "NL MVP" Alanso

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Yeah that has to be a lane violation by the catcher. Merrifield had no path to the plate there at all.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Pete! :woop:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Had no idea Billy Hamilton was on the Marlins. Congrats on the Sombrero billy.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

You be the judge. New York says the catcher did not give a lane here, I guess was dropping his knee before the catch was made. https://twitter.com/MLBDeadlineNews/status/1556395433269813251?t=H9Trk4WFG3peRwjFFsFFCg&s=19

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Le Saboteur posted:

Yeah that has to be a lane violation by the catcher. Merrifield had no path to the plate there at all.

Is the catcher supposed to not catch the ball when it's right over the plate lol

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
CB Bucknor is having an absolute nightmare

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

lol fat boy scored from 1st!

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Vogelbach chugging from First to home is never not amazing

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Peggy Edson posted:

Is the catcher supposed to not catch the ball when it's right over the plate lol

I think the argument is that he was dropping his knee to block the lane before the catch was made, which you're not allowed to do I guess until the catch is complete.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Vogelbach is going to pop an artery running that hard.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
d'Arnaud during that play: "please don't throw home. please don't throw home. please don't throw home"

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Julio Cruz posted:

d'Arnaud during that play: "please don't throw home. please don't throw home. please don't throw home"

He got hurt last night. Contreras is catching.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

davecrazy posted:

He got hurt last night. Contreras is catching.

oh yeah

it's weird I could have sworn one of the announcers referenced him, maybe it was about him getting hurt and I was only half paying attention

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Man I'm so tired of watching Donaldson

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Jake going to be perfect today. Mark it down.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
this cards/yanks ump has been terrible all game lol

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

davecrazy posted:

Jake going to be perfect today. Mark it down.

Y jinx it

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
pack attack with the mystery WHIP. how has bally still not figured out how to competently run a broadcast?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

drat, Trevino just lined one right off the umps mask and he almost went down in a heap

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
the Braves have yet to make contact with a deGrom slider today

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

PERFECT THROUGH 5!

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

davecrazy posted:

PERFECT THROUGH 5!

they're not gonna let him go 9

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Jeff McDoubles!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

If Buck takes Jake out it will be a crime against baseball and the baseball gods will curse the Mets into oblivion.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/status/1556404019450585088?s=20&t=3jigmf2301WNxIbblfdX7Q

Boo dicomo

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
BASEPAUL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
you know what they say, sometimes you get beat by uh *checks notes* paul dejong?