Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Coxswain Balls posted:

Wasn't their very first game a Sailor Moon fighting game?

Yeah and apparently it was a broken mess in a funny way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Xand_Man posted:

Arcsys doing a jojo is the obvious answer

:emptyquote:

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

brainSnakes posted:

How the gently caress can the answer be anything but One Piece, I ask with zero bias

Imo if they are going get a IP for the brand then One Piece and Naruto since they would get the most sales. That being said my dark horse picks would be HunterxHunter or Jojo.

Baki is another series that would be sick as a fighter but it's only been "shown" in the west just recently.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

JBP posted:

Yeah and apparently it was a broken mess in a funny way.

It’s a very well made broken mess! Check out tournament videos for it because it’s just a silly good time. Expect a lot of Uranus though.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Arcsys FMA or HxH would be so sick

Barudak
May 7, 2007

NFL Fighting Game

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

a yugioh fighting game could be interesting

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ok for real answer:

Def Jam by Arc Sys.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Arcsys vs Capcom tag fighter

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Barudak posted:

Ok for real answer:

Def Jam by Arc Sys.

I was gonna joke Paranoia Agent, but actually hell yeah let's get Def Jam: Fight for Illyria

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Barudak posted:

Ok for real answer:

Def Jam by Arc Sys.

:sickos:

Honestly this would rule so insanely hard. I want to live in the timeline where this happens

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
A FMA fighting game would be hilarious just to see them replace Vic with JYB in voicing Edward, plus I'd like to main Armstrong (both of them)

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Lessail posted:

Yugi and Kaiba were the funnest characters in Jump Force, it's true

though I imagine it'd be a bit more..DNF Duel I guess and be like Skystriker Ray vs Jinzo rather than "Joey punches Mokuba in the face"

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Def Jam would be the dream. Soul Eater would be kinda cool.

poe meater
Feb 17, 2011
I thought there was something going on with DefJam? Or maybe I dreamed it.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
hey, if arcsys wants to deal with the licensing nightmare of needing to deal with a lot of the old artists in 2022 or beyond, they can go ahead and give us a new DefJam

It might be a way to get a fun Soulja v Drake match now that I think about it

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

What if... Fourth (Sixth) Strike?

https://twitter.com/KdeKercy/status/1556504010164785153

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

poe meater posted:

I thought there was something going on with DefJam? Or maybe I dreamed it.

There's no game in development, but Def Jam themselves love to bring it up every few months for easy social media engagement

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Ulio posted:

Imo if they are going get a IP for the brand then One Piece and Naruto since they would get the most sales. That being said my dark horse picks would be HunterxHunter or Jojo.

Baki is another series that would be sick as a fighter but it's only been "shown" in the west just recently.

Side note: Baki is a fun series from what I have seen but MAN is it lacking in any female characters at all

It would be like reverse Skullgirls

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

kirbysuperstar posted:

Joey punches Mokuba in the face

I'm sold just on this premise tbh

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yugi and Kaiba were the funnest characters in Jump Force, it's true

though I imagine it'd be a bit more..DNF Duel I guess and be like Skystriker Ray vs Jinzo rather than "Joey punches Mokuba in the face"

I feel like Arc would be up for the wild-as-hell character designs that would require, although it's probably way harder to do with 3D models than sprites. There's plenty of humanoid characters and waifu bait, but it just isn't Yu-Gi-Oh without a bunch of dragons and bizarre abominations.

A YGO fighting game needs to be able to support a Blue-Eyes White Dragon fighting Apoqliphort Towers, and only Arc is truly ready to step up to that plate.

EDIT: YGO fighting game needs a mechanic where once every tournament you force your opponent to play Gameciel instead of their main.

Cleretic fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Aug 9, 2022

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Have the Dragon Ball mechanic from FighterZ except it's Exodia

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah I am also pro-Arcsys FMA both conceptually and also to take what little of vic's legacy remains from him

would main the gently caress out of ling-greed

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Real hurthling! posted:

When is new chaos code going to bless us with a release

One of the two co-founders died and the other co-founder (his brother) basically closed the studio, from what I recall.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

One of the two co-founders died and the other co-founder (his brother) basically closed the studio, from what I recall.

More or less, but he's started back up and has been showing off new work and stuff at shows and whatnot, its just slow going.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/FanbyteMedia/status/1556725941086437378?t=L_Ptcp680JvjKsPGHcPw2w&s=19

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That's me and booting up SF5. I'm sure many people can change speeds between Strive and SF5 easily, but I certainly cannot.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
My favourite thing about watching a tournament is blatantly ripping off a big play I can replicate and flying up ranks with one stupid gimmick before getting dumpstered by someone with actually ability.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

JBP posted:

My favourite thing about watching a tournament is blatantly ripping off a big play I can replicate and flying up ranks with one stupid gimmick before getting dumpstered by someone with actually ability.

This is every experience with dota heroes for me

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Cleretic posted:

I feel like Arc would be up for the wild-as-hell character designs that would require, although it's probably way harder to do with 3D models than sprites. There's plenty of humanoid characters and waifu bait, but it just isn't Yu-Gi-Oh without a bunch of dragons and bizarre abominations.

A YGO fighting game needs to be able to support a Blue-Eyes White Dragon fighting Apoqliphort Towers, and only Arc is truly ready to step up to that plate.

EDIT: YGO fighting game needs a mechanic where once every tournament you force your opponent to play Gameciel instead of their main.

nice super you've got there, too bad you're a turtle now

idiot

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)

Cleretic posted:

Would someone picking Exodia win the game automatically or it'd be fighting one of his limbs a la High Five from Clayfighter?
Would Ash be a general mechanic that denies opponent meter gain or Maxx C be a mechanic that grants you meter everytime an opponent does a special move?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Shoenin posted:

Would someone picking Exodia win the game automatically or it'd be fighting one of his limbs a la High Five from Clayfighter?
Would Ash be a general mechanic that denies opponent meter gain or Maxx C be a mechanic that grants you meter everytime an opponent does a special move?

Okay I'm now unironically thinking about this and thinking it'd be neat to have the various famous interrupts/hand traps/regular traps as a psuedo-assist, similar to the Infinity Stones in MvCI or the support Pokemon in Pokken.

Yes, Ash stifles meter gain, and Maxx C. aids yours.
Nibiru's a high-powered combo breaker that only works late in the combo.
Mirror Force is a counter.
Kalut swoops in alongside your next special.
Skill Drain makes your opponent ragequit. (or, y'know, temporarily only allows normals.)
Mystic Mine does that box-lockin the Space Stone did in MvCI.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lessail posted:

I'm having flashback to Hisotousen and the Kamen Rider Dragon Knight Wii fighting games.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I'm playing Street Fighter 5 which I bought like a month ago for the first time online (like I've only just tonight gotten Bronze ranking), and have discovered a Very Important Strategy.

Main Dan with the Kitty title placard and absolutely clown unsuspecting lower Bronze ranked people who overwhelmingly play Akuma. Bonus points if they quit after the first match.

I'm sure that in top levels of play or even in higher Bronze Dan isn't viable, but he's actually kinda a good character for a laugh, and his Danretsuken is the easiest hit confirm into a super I've ever seen. Like, you have a full second to input, it's crazy.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Shoenin posted:

For a YGO fighter I'm imagining something like JoJo's or Persona, pair the human characters with an iconic monster of theirs (Kaiba with Blue Eyes, Joey with Red Eyes, etc) that does all their normals and most specials. Trap/magic cards can be some of each character's specials.

In this scheme, I think you get Exodia as some kind of power-up character, I nominate regular Yugi. In normal circumstances, he has, like, Kuriboh or some really defensive monster. Then he either has some unsafe special that lets him draw an Exodia card, or it's Zappa style and landing certain moves will get him a stock of it. Successfully getting all five either you instantly win the round, or it's like an extra scary Raoh that lasts the rest of the round if you get it.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Breetai posted:

I'm playing Street Fighter 5 which I bought like a month ago for the first time online (like I've only just tonight gotten Bronze ranking), and have discovered a Very Important Strategy.

Main Dan with the Kitty title placard and absolutely clown unsuspecting lower Bronze ranked people who overwhelmingly play Akuma. Bonus points if they quit after the first match.

I'm sure that in top levels of play or even in higher Bronze Dan isn't viable, but he's actually kinda a good character for a laugh, and his Danretsuken is the easiest hit confirm into a super I've ever seen. Like, you have a full second to input, it's crazy.

Dan isn't the worst character in the game at least, so if you like him feel free to stick with him.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Take a note from that one punch man arena fighter imo: in it if you pick Saitama then the whole game is about just survive long enough. If you do Saitama arrives and you win

So exodia could basically be the same thing, where you can draw a card every 5 seconds and you have to draw 5 times. But after the fifth draw you win

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Elvis_Maximus posted:

Take a note from that one punch man arena fighter imo: in it if you pick Saitama then the whole game is about just survive long enough. If you do Saitama arrives and you win

So exodia could basically be the same thing, where you can draw a card every 5 seconds and you have to draw 5 times. But after the fifth draw you win

A shame that game was fun for exactly one match

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

kirbysuperstar posted:

A shame that game was fun for exactly one match

That's kind of true of every arena fighter I've tried outside of Gundam VS tbh

Also: a good fanart
https://twitter.com/ScruffyTurtles/status/1556752090772303872

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/TheBesteban/status/1556530628501204993?s=20&t=EC26h7Armo9lOTD0j3Mqsw