Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Very much disagree with this. Hicks makes me want to gouge my eyes out.

Classic tale of having a breakout year, getting paid, then immediately regressing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Nasty Nestor is so good and the Yankee lineup is such utter loving dogshit garbage.

Kirios posted:

Classic tale of having a breakout year, getting paid, then immediately regressing.

He has always sucked. He never had a breakout year.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Aug 10, 2022

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Listening to a game with Rick Sutcliffe is like having your drunk grandpa commenting on everything

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
Nice bunt, idiot

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

W

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
W :toot:

Sick curveballs from Wick and then froze him with the heater :eyepop:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Good at-bat there Rizzo

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
There isn't one player on this dogshit team that can have a major league quality AB with RISP. Not one.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

mcmagic posted:

There isn't one player on this dogshit team that can have a major league quality AB with RISP. Not one.

Wasting a good start by Cortes

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

That wasn't even close to a loving strike.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

That might be game the way the "offense" is hitting

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Nodoze posted:

That might be game the way the "offense" is hitting

lol @ losing 1-0 on a homer by AAA roster filler. Yankee baseball!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

mcmagic posted:

lol @ losing 1-0 on a homer by AAA roster filler. Yankee baseball!

Sam Haggerty has a 154 wRC+, give the dude his respect!

(Pay no attention to his .413 babip)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Haggerty has been on fire recently

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
(Or the 100 PAs)

But lol at the last 19 innings of baseball between these teams. IDGAF if it's been Cole, Nestor, Ray and Castillo. The Astros would steamroll the poo poo out of either of these teams in the playoffs right now.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Higgy homerun :psyduck:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

lol giving up a homer to Higgy. owned

i knew robby ray was garbo

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Maybe uh, don't leave Ray in when he's at 110 pitches

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

seiferguy posted:

Maybe uh, don't leave Ray in when he's at 110 pitches

That was my thought too but he was kind of cruising through the game up until that dong

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
lol @ losing 2-1 on a homer by AAA roster filler.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Nodoze posted:

That was my thought too but he was kind of cruising through the game up until that dong

5 walks isn't what I'd call cruising though

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Judge :krakken:

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Tony Phillips posted:

lol @ losing 2-1 on a homer by AAA roster filler.

Clearly giving up a homer to higgy is humiliating.

Judge always hits bombs in seattle.

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

That run was entirely on the umpire, Haniger should have struck out on the 5th pitch of the at bat

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Boone LOVES using Abreu in high leverage situations even though he isn't any good.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Which Abreu is it gonna be today

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Hell yes lol Santana is cold then suddenly comes through

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The poo poo one.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Meanwhile, Ron Marinaccio got sent to AAA

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Imagine giving up a homer to loving garbage like 2022 Carlos Santana LOL. Just loser poo poo.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Lollin

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Goms

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Yay Joc

Giants come all the way back to take the lead after the Padres hang a 6-spot on Junis

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

The lack of ability of this team to make simple plays in the field or to baserun correctly is loving pathetic. There is just no accountability for anyone in the organization whatsoever for dogshit loser baseball.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Unlike Yankee tooblans, Mariner tootblans turn out well for us!

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

mcmagic posted:

The lack of ability of this team to make simple plays in the field or to baserun correctly is loving pathetic. There is just no accountability for anyone in the organization whatsoever for dogshit loser baseball.

Just checked the standings, saw the Yankees are only TIED for the best team in the American League :qq: must be tough huh

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

seiferguy posted:

Just checked the standings, saw the Yankees are only TIED for the best team in the American League :qq: must be tough huh

They are a well under .500 team for the last month in a half, are injured, and are playing like dogshit rear end.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

even if the hype was a bit much, this Padres lineup is legit terrifying

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Tony Phillips posted:

But lol at the last 19 innings of baseball between these teams. IDGAF if it's been Cole, Nestor, Ray and Castillo. The Astros would steamroll the poo poo out of either of these teams in the playoffs right now.

Smart post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

mikeraskol posted:

They are a well under .500 team for the last month in a half, are injured, and are playing like dogshit rear end.

The Mariners were last in the AL West at one point. Teams go through some bad periods. The Yankee lineup and pitching staff is still extremely talented and still a better team than the Mariners.