Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

loving hell

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

seiferguy posted:

The Mariners were last in the AL West at one point. Teams go through some bad periods. The Yankee lineup and pitching staff is still extremely talented and still a better team than the Mariners.

Very interesting were you upset with your team when they were in last place and playing like poo poo?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

seiferguy posted:

The Mariners were last in the AL West at one point. Teams go through some bad periods. The Yankee lineup and pitching staff is still extremely talented and still a better team than the Mariners.

None of this matters. They are playing like complete dogshit and have for 2 months.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.
Sir I recognize your team is playing like dog poo poo for two months but have you thought harder about it and how good you have it. Think of the Mariners fans!

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

mcmagic posted:

None of this matters. They are playing like complete dogshit and have for 2 months.

Not only this but they have been playing like how people expected them to play like before the season started! Most places had the Yankees finishing 3rd or 4th in their own division, and they have been playing like a 3rd or 4th place team for 2 months now.

Doctor Skeleton
Nov 15, 2003

Also agree the Yankees are dogshit. Glad there’s thread consensus on the matter.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Just 2 horrendous losses in a row. This team sucks.

Doctor Skeleton
Nov 15, 2003

Mariners taking two series two weeks in a row from the Yankees? After the all star break? Amazing stuff.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Coming to find this thread to make fun of the Angels and then seeing the title :discourse:

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Yankees are trash

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Fire Cashman. Fire Boone.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Good job Mariners beating up a piece of poo poo AAA team!

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
The Mariners have won the World Series.

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Padres have a 6 run and a 7 run inning

everyone in their lineup has a hit and has scored a run

ha ha ha

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Sweatpants Baby posted:

Mariners taking two series two weeks in a row from the Yankees? After the all star break? Amazing stuff.

Now look at their remaining schedule. The drought ends this year.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Tony Phillips posted:

Now look at their remaining schedule. The drought ends this year.

Quoting this for prosperity

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

MrMidnight posted:

Quoting this for prosperity

Oh I posted something similar s few weeks ago. The M’s loving this up will take something really funny and or weird. I mean funny to every non mariners fan anyway.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

mikeraskol posted:

Very interesting were you upset with your team when they were in last place and playing like poo poo?

mikeraskol posted:

Sir I recognize your team is playing like dog poo poo for two months but have you thought harder about it and how good you have it. Think of the Mariners fans!

lmao gently caress off with this poverty rear end franchise poo poo. You're the goddamn Yankees, and have been constantly going to the playoffs and have a WS win as recent as 2009. You have the presumptive MVP on your team, and you just came off 2 incredibly good performances from your two top starting pitchers with a bullpen that kept you in the game until the 13th yesterday. Your team has injuries? Yeah, every team goes through injury bugs. The Mariners had to put together some real weird lineups while several core players were out on injury. You're still 10 games ahead in the most competitive division in baseball which is almost assuredly going to send 2 teams to the wild card (maybe 3! Who knows!). "We won't go far in the playoffs!" Buddy, the playoffs are the biggest crapshoot ever, and even Billy Beane's moneyball teams that trounced the regular seasons got kicked in the playoffs. That's baseball, baby. You should win, but who the gently caress knows!

Go the gently caress outside, touch grass, grab a slice a pizza, get your blood pressure checked, and don't be yelling for your coach and GM (who's given you a pretty drat good season up to this point!) to be fired because you lost 2 out of 3 to da Marinhaz.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

camoseven posted:

Coming to find this thread to make fun of the Angels and then seeing the title :discourse:

christ what did they do now

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

When they said Pivetta sometimes melted down after not getting a call, I was not expecting him to fall to his knees and suck his thumb after giving up a dong.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dusty's about to find out he can't just rely on it being untouchable Verlander every single start

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

drat what a lovely AB for Yordan there

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

VAUGHN GRISSOM OVER THE MONSTER

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Surprised they didn't IBB Yordan here but I guess that's how much he's been struggling

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

loving sick

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

RC and Moon Pie posted:

Atlanta going to have ROY locked up this year and the next

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Astros getting seriously BABIPed tonight

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Play Mancini over Yuli!!!

Why the gently caress did you trade for him??? Ugh so tired of Dusty lineup poo poo

MrMidnight fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Aug 11, 2022

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yuli is so bad now. Just completely non compeititive at bats

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Funny to see Dubon make that dogshit throw while Dusty refuses to not play him at CF

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

RC and Moon Pie posted:

imagine having a dope prospect that you could call up at 21 years old and he's doing cool things like this right out the gate

wont ever happen with my favorite team

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Finally Yordan

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Mancini and Diaz with hits. Sure wish they were in the lineup!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

You can tell Yordan is pressing by that strikeout swinging at a pitch in the dirt

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

yaaaay....extra innings....

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

gently caress off Maton

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
pujols with a 4 hit game including a homer!

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

gently caress off Maton

He's the worst reliever we have. Could have gone with anyone else but nah

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Death to the Ghost Runner

Also Maton

Adbot