Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Trilobite posted:

The only upgrades that matter for the Nightclub are the ones you buy for the nightclub, as far as I know, and you definitely want those. Upgrades on the businesses themselves don't seem to count for the nightclub. You're going to want to assign techs to (more or less in order of profitability/time) cocaine, meth, cash, cargo, and guns. The last two biker businesses (weed and fake documents) are probably not worth it unless you want to completely fill up your nightclub warehouse before selling stuff, which...I don't know why you'd want to do that. There's a maximum value for Tony's cut which means you'd make a little extra money for doing it, I guess, but the effort and time required hardly seems worth it.

As far as the other trucks go, you only need one if you've got the full five floors in the Nightclub and would rather do one big sales mission infrequently rather than several small ones fairly often. It's entirely a matter of taste. That said, you should definitely avoid buying the middle-sized truck, because it's remarkably bad and the largest truck is sturdier, drives better, and can handle middle-sized and large-sized shipments.

Cheers!

I fell out of Online pretty early and got back into it two years ago. The business poo poo is so opaque to me, as far as what works and what doesn't. Lost the meta, beside Cayo w/ Panther.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
If you plan on actually using the nightclub for goods definitely get a coke lockup. If you have the criminal enterprise pack you can have nightclub staff make guns too, those sell pretty well. If you plan on keeping up with the nightclub also upgrade storage and security. You can only have each goods type assigned to a single staff member, so don't hire more staff than you have businesses. I think the order for best $/hr is coke > meth > guns > cash > warehouse goods > documents > weed. You can only hire 5 staff members so don't bother with docs or weed.

The van is hilariously OP during a sell mission if you fully upgrade, the minigun will rip anything apart, you can tank several missiles, you're almost bulletproof, and players can't lock on to your vehicle. The advantage to larger vehicles is you can sell more at once. That's probably nor going to be an issue, you can get 90 crates in the van. If you end up with more you can always just sell one type of goods at a time until you get below 90 stock.

If your nightclub is fully upgraded and running the 5 most profitable businesses you can let it idle overnight (if you watch the DJ stream from your office you won't get kicked) and end up with about $400-500k by morning, plus good knows how much in the safe. If you wait for a full server to sell you'll get a nice bonus on top of that. Keep in mind Tony takes 10% of the listed value.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

explosivo posted:

It's kind of unreal how much more fun my friends and I are having playing this because we can do the missions in private lobbies now and also have cash to spend thanks to Cayo.

This is the way. It's so good you'll get bored of it. Buuut, at that point y'all will have so much money the yacht seems like a sane purchase.

Wait and see if the Diamond Panther comes back as a primary Cayo target. Guaranteed on the first run, just keep that poo poo and glitch the payout back and forth.

Baron von Eevl posted:

If you plan on actually using the nightclub for goods definitely get a coke lockup. If you have the criminal enterprise pack you can have nightclub staff make guns too, those sell pretty well. If you plan on keeping up with the nightclub also upgrade storage and security. You can only have each goods type assigned to a single staff member, so don't hire more staff than you have businesses. I think the order for best $/hr is coke > meth > guns > cash > warehouse goods > documents > weed. You can only hire 5 staff members so don't bother with docs or weed.

The van is hilariously OP during a sell mission if you fully upgrade, the minigun will rip anything apart, you can tank several missiles, you're almost bulletproof, and players can't lock on to your vehicle. The advantage to larger vehicles is you can sell more at once. That's probably nor going to be an issue, you can get 90 crates in the van. If you end up with more you can always just sell one type of goods at a time until you get below 90 stock.

If your nightclub is fully upgraded and running the 5 most profitable businesses you can let it idle overnight (if you watch the DJ stream from your office you won't get kicked) and end up with about $400-500k by morning, plus good knows how much in the safe. If you wait for a full server to sell you'll get a nice bonus on top of that. Keep in mind Tony takes 10% of the listed value.

Awesome. Thank you!

pointlessone
Aug 6, 2001

The Triad Frog is pleased with this custom title purchase.
Minor addition to the "Tony takes 10%" thing. He takes 10% up to 100k. If you're delivering more than 1m, you only pay the 100k. It's debatable if it's worth losing the production to get your stock over 1m, but if you forget about your nightclub or it happens to be another double delivery week, it's worth noting.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

pointlessone posted:

Minor addition to the "Tony takes 10%" thing. He takes 10% up to 100k. If you're delivering more than 1m, you only pay the 100k. It's debatable if it's worth losing the production to get your stock over 1m, but if you forget about your nightclub or it happens to be another double delivery week, it's worth noting.

Counterpoint, delivering more than a million means you have to use the Custom Pounder (or God help you the custom Mule). When I was playing hardcore I would make sure my deliveries were small enough to use the Speedo, even if it meant doing 2-3 deliveries instead of 1 with the Pounder

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah, plus you can overcome the Tony's curse by delivering in a lobby with at least 11 people, counting yourself. I think fewer now, didn't they boost the % bonus?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

I timed the new warehouse employees sourcing cargo and it takes them a day 48 minutes and you can just start them over immediately. I did 4 at once and got 2 singles and 2 doubles. On the plus side you do NOT have to be ceo when you do these so it’s be possible to fill without ever being Raid-able, but that’s way slower than doing them yourself. Also if the average haul is 1 or 2, it’s more expensive this way (7500 vs 2000 or 6000)

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!
Yeah it seems best used to help supplement your own touching of crates to ramp up filling warehouses for quicker turnaround on big crate sales, not a viable way to completely automate crate touching.

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
You can also call Yohan now and get a free mission to get goods for your nightclub (basically a personal business battle) to fill it up extra fast. I now log in, alternate those and calling Agent 14 for the new research missions in between doing security contracts and assassinations. Money is easy to come by these days.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

Tristesse posted:

You can also call Yohan now and get a free mission to get goods for your nightclub (basically a personal business battle) to fill it up extra fast.

Yohan is my favourite person to call, as he always seems super happy to hear from you. He’s also WAY too nice a guy to be working for a career criminal, but everyone’s got bills to pay, I suppose.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I'm bummed they didn't do the private session change earlier. My group would have loved it, but unfortunately we haven't spoken to one of the guys since 1/6/21 when he told the group chat how excited he was that "they're going to start murdering Dems and they need to start with Pelosi"

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

Distorted Kiwi posted:

Yohan is my favourite person to call, as he always seems super happy to hear from you. He’s also WAY too nice a guy to be working for a career criminal, but everyone’s got bills to pay, I suppose.

Yohan reminds me of NoHo Hank from Barry. Just the nicest criminal ever. I hope he gets to go up to see the DJ like he wants to someday.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

I'm bummed they didn't do the private session change earlier. My group would have loved it, but unfortunately we haven't spoken to one of the guys since 1/6/21 when he told the group chat how excited he was that "they're going to start murdering Dems and they need to start with Pelosi"

I mean you made the right choice there.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

ZeusCannon posted:

I mean you made the right choice there.

It's sad because in 2016 he hated Trump (but wasn't a Democrat) and the bulk of our 2016-2018 time was spent making fun of him. But he slowly started turning and it all started with him telling us in voice comms one day "You guys ever heard of Q?"

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
I got about 4.change million been playing a lot with my buddy mostly doing contact / VIP missions and the occasional heist. Got most of the essentials (except MC and NC) and am in gently caress around mode, debating if I should buy the Hunter or a NC. I have the buzzard and sparrow, but the hunter seems like a blast solo and with him for doing headhunter etc. Kinda thinking I should wait for a week with the NC on sale but who knows when that'll be... Thoughts?

Also considering some combination of opressor mk 1, toreador and/or phantom custom because i love driving that thing

Mr. Crow fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Aug 11, 2022

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Mr. Crow posted:

I got about 4.change million been playing a lot with my buddy mostly doing contact / VIP missions and the occasional heist. Got most of the essentials (except MC and NC) and am in gently caress around mode, debating if I should buy the Hunter or a NC. I have the buzzard and sparrow, but the hunter seems like a blast solo and with him for doing headhunter etc. Kinda thinking I should wait for a week with the NC on sale but who knows when that'll be... Thoughts?

Also considering some combination of opressor mk 1, toreador and/or phantom custom because i love driving that thing

Infrastructure over toys, every single day. Get the Nightclub, get a small warehouse (30% discount this week) and start earning passive income. You can grab the Bunker, and all the MC Clubhouse illegal businesses (when they go on sale) to feed your Nightclub passive goods

Hunter can be fun but you're gonna want the Akula instead.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Otacon posted:

Infrastructure over toys, every single day. Get the Nightclub, get a small warehouse (30% discount this week) and start earning passive income. You can grab the Bunker, and all the MC Clubhouse illegal businesses (when they go on sale) to feed your Nightclub passive goods

Hunter can be fun but you're gonna want the Akula instead.

This is the answer 100%. Passive income. Also, if it's a helicopter you need buy the Akula. It can go off radar whenever it feels like it and can stay off as long as it wants. It can also take a missile without exploding immediately. It's useful and fun.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Don't get all the MC businesses, just get the coke, meth, and cash businesses. Don't bother upgrading or supplying the MC businesses unless you really want to, you can ignore them and the nightclub will positively make "goods" if you own them at all.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I splurged on a Mobile Operations Center with the Vehicle + weapons workshop in a moment of weakness last night. I was mainly interested in it because I have the Dewbauchee Champion and saw I could put MG's on that using the workshop in it but are the missions you get in there worth doing?

wit
Jul 26, 2011
So metal detecting is also on Cayo. I said it months back, but cayo would be perfect for a little team capture the flag feds v cartel type events. Don't know if the games life cycle will be long enough to warrant another cayo style full map heist update, but its still got legs.

e: Don't know why I said "I said it months back", who the gently caress cares? lol

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Baron von Eevl posted:

Don't get all the MC businesses, just get the coke, meth, and cash businesses. Don't bother upgrading or supplying the MC businesses unless you really want to, you can ignore them and the nightclub will positively make "goods" if you own them at all.

Good point and agreed. I own the shittiest, cheapest, farthest away locations and none of them have any upgrades. My Nightclub has earned me $50+ million.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Once you got the nightclub running at full strength you can idle overnight and get $400-500k with a single 5 minute sale, plus whatever's in the safe from that, like $200k+?

Edit plus if you have an agency or arcade you've got the passive money in those safes as well.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Medullah posted:

bad politics, flawless logic.

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Medullah posted:

In fairness its a shootman crime game, if you'd have said this about your stardew valley buddy I'd raise an eyebrow. I wouldn't normally drop someone for their politics, but that was a good bit of social surgery your group did there.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I guess now would be a bad time to post the Anne Heche-inspired race around Vespucci I made, huh?

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Nonsense. Put it in a playlist with that one goons Paul Walker memorial speedway track

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Brutal.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

With the Nightclub goods accrual stuff, does that still require the attached businesses to be stocked with materials to generate money at the nightclub? Like if I have a guy assigned to my counterfeit cash operation but the factory is out of resources does the guy at the nightclub still generate goods to be sold or is it basically just like a central hub for gathering the stuff I'm making that won't accumulate unless it's operating as normal?

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

explosivo posted:

With the Nightclub goods accrual stuff, does that still require the attached businesses to be stocked with materials to generate money at the nightclub? Like if I have a guy assigned to my counterfeit cash operation but the factory is out of resources does the guy at the nightclub still generate goods to be sold or is it basically just like a central hub for gathering the stuff I'm making that won't accumulate unless it's operating as normal?

You don't need to supply (or do anything at all with) the businesses, you just have to own them and your nightclub will accumulate goods automatically.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Trilobite posted:

You don't need to supply (or do anything at all with) the businesses, you just have to own them and your nightclub will accumulate goods automatically.

Hell yeah that rules, thanks.

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Once you've assigned someone to those things in the nightclub computer, mind

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I think if you actually shut down the business you won't be able to use it for the nightclub, but if you just let it exist without supplies it's fine. As long as you're careful not to be MC president when you hit the 48 minute mark and your daily expenses you should be fine.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I only realized today that the Facility I bought for the doomsday heist forever ago is different from the Bunker I received from the criminal enterprise pack and I just hadn't visited it yet to do the setup, so it was on my map but I couldn't spawn there and forgot it existed or that I even owned one. I kept trying to figure out where the hell to start the gunrunning stuff in my Facility which is the one just north of the free bunker adding to the confusion. :sweatdrop:

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Do the bunker research, it's not a money maker but the explosive rounds and thermal scope for the heavy sniper mk2 are worth it.

FFT
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

And if you're loaded, you can pay to skip a whole lot of research time.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
I think paying for research is actually cheaper than the opportunity cost of not spending those supplies on generating income.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

explosivo posted:

Hell yeah that rules, thanks.

I played around with this yesterday. $150,000 nightclub delivery invested back into cash creation and coke warehouses turned into $240,000 and $300,000(?) deliveries for those businesses, respectively, before costs. Solo delivery meant I was stuck flying one chopper/driving one truck at a time, but both were over in 10 min thanks to calling my own chopper for the back and forth. Might have gotten lucky with how the missions turned out, what with nightclub delivery being right at the port, but worth time spent.

To recap, the above made around $600,000 with passive money included and took around 30min IRL.

It was not unfun.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The mc business deliveries get old, and one of the coke ones is particularly annoying, especially if you don't have an armored or bulletproof car. I think there's a one-time 2x bonus on the deliveries as well, so don't expect to get that much every time.

edit it's better now that you can do them in private sessions, but also it sucks that it gives you slow, vulnerable vehicles, puts a big global map marker on your deliverables, and actively encourages people to disrupt the sale while still letting other players lock on to you. Nightclub deliveries you can do them in a heavily armed and armored slow vehicle, and enemies can't lock on you you.

Baron von Eevl fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Aug 13, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yeah my friends and I have to keep reminding ourselves that these long, lonely drives all the way across the map for delivery missions were specifically designed to allow players to come gently caress your day up in a flying motorcycle with homing rockets. I remember the day we stopped playing originally back in 2016 was when I finally saved up enough goods to fill my first warehouse for the first time and we got smoked like a minute into the delivery mission by some dickhead in a Hydra. It was pretty much like "oh okay this is how it's going to be" and stopped there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

explosivo posted:

Yeah my friends and I have to keep reminding ourselves that these long, lonely drives all the way across the map for delivery missions were specifically designed to allow players to come gently caress your day up in a flying motorcycle with homing rockets. I remember the day we stopped playing originally back in 2016 was when I finally saved up enough goods to fill my first warehouse for the first time and we got smoked like a minute into the delivery mission by some dickhead in a Hydra. It was pretty much like "oh okay this is how it's going to be" and stopped there.

Saaaame. In first day, out in 2015, back in 2020.

Calling up a Cargobob from the interaction menu beforehand helps with some, in invite only sessions, but there's only so much Bob can lift.

Trying to engage in a business battle when the other side has grasped meta is torture.

Glad you're having fun with it now!

How have you been spending your newfound wealth?

Stats don't lie. For example, they say I'm a car guy. $298mil, $240mil spent on cars and car mods. The rest on businesses and the submarine.