Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I'm glad the Bernays discussion has been brought back after nine years :o:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=1174437

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

The built-in cheat in Creatures II is unorthodox. To gain infinite lives, the player must wait for the credits screen to appear, then wet their finger and quickly rub it across Joystick Port One. A big picture of Maximus Mouse (from the games Summer Camp and Winter Camp by Thalamus) will appear, waving his arms every time the player rubs their finger across the port. The player must repeatedly rub the port until Maximus Mouse turns grey, at which point the Fuzzy fountain will also flash to confirm that the cheat is now active.[2]

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
vessels to bear the name Enterprise

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Shaggar posted:

there's also english onez but i got lost in the disambiguation

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

Shaggar posted:

ok new game show, like jeopardy but the prompt is the wiki toc and you have to guess the article name

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Korkes said in 2013 that it was illegal to sell a coffin without a death certificate, so he made a deal with the funeral director to pay in cash and have the coffin left outside the rear door to be collected after dark.[1]

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

It is usually only referred to as the Mexican hat wavelet in the Americas, due to taking the shape of a sombrero when used as a 2D image processing kernel.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Additional notes

Sentenced to death and executed for the Oklahoma City bombing
Terminated three pregnancies

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Reportedly, President Richard Nixon was drunk when he gave the order for a nuclear attack against the DPRK.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

In 2014 a fuel price drop began forked IdleAir pricing.[clarification needed]

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

On February 26, 2013 a Lawrence, Kansas man with no formal training in sculpture molded a giant block of snow into a temporary inspiration of Michelangelo's David, at roughly 7/17 scale. The four-hour endeavor was a response of one-upsmanship to his sister's snow version of the Star Wars character Yoda, dubbed Snowda, a picture of which was uploaded to George Takei's Facebook Page⧉ and received tens of thousands of "likes."[citation needed]

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

DELETE CASCADE posted:

ok new game show, like jeopardy but the prompt is the wiki toc and you have to guess the article name

I've got a round of trivia that's "Name the TV show based on a screenshot of its Wikipedia categories". It's kind of a pain because you get things like X-Files that are 80s/90s/00s/10s horror/sci-fi/conspiracy/mystery shows, and the combinatorial explosion takes up a lot of space.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I know, talk pages are kind of cheating, but:

--Might it be worth putting up some sort of msgbox? I picture something along the lines of this:
      Visitors from xkcd: Secretary Chu did not create the Scroll Lock key.

--A msgbox like that must not be put up unless we have a source establishing that Secretary Chu did not create Scroll Lock key. The Scroll Lock article makes no mention of who created it; we do not yet know whether or not it was Secretary Chu.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

For summary punishment of Royal Navy boys, a lighter model was made, the reduced cat, also known as boy's cat, boy's pussy or just pussy

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Real missed opportunity not naming it bussy.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
talk about pussy whipped!!!!!!!!!!

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

Powered Descent posted:

I know, talk pages are kind of cheating, but:

Well, they are a contender for the most worthless thing on wikipedia

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Due to its role in permanent magnets used for wind turbines, it has been argued[by whom?] that dysprosium will be one of the main objects of geopolitical competition in a world running on renewable energy. But this perspective has been criticised for failing to recognise that most wind turbines do not use permanent magnets and for underestimating the power of economic incentives for expanded production.[19][20]

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Klosterman is the author of 12 books and two sets of cards.

ColTim
Oct 29, 2011
In 2021, Amazon changed its app logo following complaints that part of the design, meant to look like a piece of tape sealing a box, resembled a Hitler moustache.[43]

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

ColTim posted:

In 2021, Amazon changed its app logo following complaints that part of the design, meant to look like a piece of tape sealing a box, resembled a Hitler moustache.[43]

well, they weren't wrong

I prefer "Michael Jordan" stash

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Now it's Hitler with a wonky moustache. Not sure if it's at all better.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Christ Voice: VARY NAICE

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

NoneMoreNegative posted:

Christ Voice: VARY NAICE

hopefully there is also a corresponding fragment with the words “upon a sleeping place larger than four times eight elbow-lengths of a grown man”

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

gospel of MY GIRLFRIEND

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Jesus' totally real girlfriend who lives in Samaria.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
thus did judas declare, "I sleep in a hippodrome chariot"

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

she goes to a different temple

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin_whiskey_fire

quote:

None of the fatalities suffered during the fire were due to smoke inhalation, burns, or any other form of direct contact with the fire itself; all of them were attributed to alcohol poisoning.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The experiment is also known as the "marshmallow experiment", but is unrelated to the psychological Stanford marshmallow experiment.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

100% not worthless

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Achmed Jones posted:

she goes to a different temple

matti
Mar 31, 2019

this is antithetical to the purpose of the topic but i appreciate this picture on wikipedia:

Samoyed puppy
Samoyed puppy in a pumpkin

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

As a result of its diminutive size, the Book of Ryhmes may be the most expensive book ever sold in terms of surface area.[4]

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Although muscadines are hearty grapes with tough skin that protects them from many plant diseases, these grapes nonetheless appear to be susceptible to parasitic nematodes.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Dividend stripping or cum-ex trading can be used as a tax avoidance strategy,[1] enabling a company to distribute profits to its owners as a capital sum, instead of a dividend, which offers tax benefits if the effective tax rate on capital gains is lower than for dividends. For example, consider a company called ProfCo wishing to distribute D, with the help of a stripper company called StripperCo.

1. StripperCo buys ProfCo shares from their present owners for X+D.
2. ProfCo, now owned by StripperCo, declares a dividend of D, which is paid to StripperCo.
3. StripperCo sells its shares back to the owners for X.
The net effect for the owners is a capital gain of +D and a dividend distribution of -D. The net effect for StripperCo is nothing; the dividend it receives is income, and its loss on the share trading is a deduction. StripperCo might need to be in the business of share trading to get such a deduction (i.e. treating shares as merchandise instead of capital assets).

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
It is important to emphasize the particularity that this species has in its mouth: it has an additional joint between its jaw and the rest of the joints, known as intramandibular joint. This type of joint is also present in other species of fish that feed on nutrients attached to the substrate. By increasing the angle of opening of the jaw, this joint allows kissing gourami access to these nutrients. H. temminkii, however, is the only species known that uses this articulation in this way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
However, it is not completely confirmed that it is an aggressive behavior and is rather understood as a ritualized form of aggression.[8]