Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
a large number of landmines were removed in 2018. can't figure out whether that was all of them, but the deer should have an easier time now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

RokosCockatrice posted:

which is weird because the largest known crab habitat is one of the most frequented places by various humans on earth (ur mum)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

haveblue posted:

a large number of landmines were removed in 2018. can't figure out whether that was all of them, but the deer should have an easier time now

i heard deer love landmines

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Improbable Lobster posted:

i heard deer love landmines

dodi fayed's driver swerved to miss one :tinfoil:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Light Gun Man posted:

this actually makes a lot of sense for it's time. wonder if it sucked or something, seems like that could have been popular.
it's fuckin' expensive, op

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

https://youtu.be/pMHTQ8r9pQU

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
lots of goons arguing confidently about things

imo there's not an absolute consensus about chernobyl and its impact on the biome.

Field effects studies in the Chernobyl Exclusion Zone: Lessons to be learnt
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0265931X17309347

Scientists can’t agree about Chernobyl’s impact on wildlife
https://knowablemagazine.org/article/food-environment/2022/scientists-cant-agree-about-chernobyls-impact-wildlife

i'd wager it's a mixed bag. lots of things have flourished as a result of human emigration. a number of things have died as a result of radiation. it'll be interesting to see going forward if there's been real damage to the germ line of creatures living there, or if it'll ultimately be something like a slightly higher cancer rate (in part because those who survive will likely be those who can inherently better resist radiation-induced damage)

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
imo mother natures gonna need some help in the mutation department to survive the upcoming climate holocaust

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Chris Knight posted:

it's fuckin' expensive, op

well there is that, yeah. but the concept of code on paper was certainly a thing in many forms, so it makes some sense.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

rotor posted:

imo mother natures gonna need some help in the mutation department to survive the upcoming climate holocaust

i used to have to play sim ant in my lolgifted class and this usually ends up being a poor decision

edit: we had to play a few of them. am i conflating simant and simlife, or was there also mutations in simant?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Simlife had the mutations and the OO LA LA sound effect

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Nessus posted:

Simlife had the mutations and the OO LA LA sound effect

right on ok

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

there was also simearth and inevitably we'd get bored and salt the earth with radiation. all that did was kill the animals or make them mutate boringly and we'd have to clean it up and conserve them

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

guys sims arent real

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

rotor posted:

guys sims arent real

sims for guys are very real

streetlamp
May 7, 2007

Danny likes his party hat
He does not like his banana hat
https://i.imgur.com/SBRF4G5.mp4

streetlamp fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Aug 13, 2022

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

psiox posted:

sims for guys are very real

seems like a basic college apt?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

hell yeah

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

rotor posted:

you should read oryx and crake

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

mediaphage posted:

seems like a basic college apt?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKD-MVfC9Ag

Funking Giblet
Jun 28, 2004

Jiglightful!

Dope

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

rotor posted:

https://twitter.com/AnyTechnology/status/1558501417320685568?s=20

aw frig aw dang it
Jun 1, 2018

rotor posted:

70-90+% of all life on Earth has died out numerous times in planetary history and it ends up producing a shitload of new adaptations as previously-filled niches open up and the survivors go hog wild. Nature will be fine, in other words, although we're surely hosed.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Hissss I'm walkin ova here

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

here comes a ssssssssspecial boy!

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

who’s treading on who now bitches

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

windows 10? wtf?

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

me, posting

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
found in the wild

https://twitter.com/atomicthumbs/status/1032939652393521156?s=20&t=lqwnxIJEaB1qHGRuXNjU7g

https://twitter.com/atomicthumbs/status/1032939654889103361?s=20&t=lqwnxIJEaB1qHGRuXNjU7g

https://twitter.com/atomicthumbs/status/1032939657758007296?s=20&t=lqwnxIJEaB1qHGRuXNjU7g

plus a whole bunch more

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

atomicthumbs was a yosposter and that thread is the tesla thread that's still going to this day

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

some journo lady saw atomicthumbs twets and wrote an article about the “insider dirt” on tesla. the yospos forum was of course mentioned and it was a little weird reading about it as described by an outlander

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Roosevelt posted:

some journo lady saw atomicthumbs twets and wrote an article about the “insider dirt” on tesla. the yospos forum was of course mentioned and it was a little weird reading about it as described by an outlander

I’d argue it’s probably less an outlander and more of an outworlder for most people who only use like Facebook, Insta, LinkedIn, and like yelp or built in system features like maps

talking to people around the world publicly? and anyone can respond?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

garnering thousands of followers off of someone else's content, the true twitter experience

Gun Metal Cray
Apr 27, 2005

Pillbug

MononcQc posted:

who’s treading on who now bitches

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Cat Face Joe posted:

garnering thousands of followers off of someone else's content, the true twitter experience

newspapers have been doing it for hundreds of years ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ONE weird trick to ADD READERS randy hearst doesn't want YOU to know about!

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Agile Vector posted:

ONE weird trick to ADD READERS randy hearst doesn't want YOU to know about!

lol

it's funny when you go back and read the old papers how many of the headlines and ad copy sound like a buzzfeed article we all make fun of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Animal Friend
Sep 7, 2011

mediaphage posted:

i used to have to play sim ant in my lolgifted class and this usually ends up being a poor decision

edit: we had to play a few of them. am i conflating simant and simlife, or was there also mutations in simant?

streets of sim city, in hindsight, was probably educational