Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If you put metal in a microwave it'll spark and explode, everybody knows that. Even babies that don't know what microwaves are will cry and poo poo themselves of you leave your fork in your bowl of leftovers. And yet frozen pizza companies will sit here and give us weird not-metal sleeves to "cook" their frozen poo poo in an apparently this is fine??? We're all, as a society, just ok with this? They can't even figure out the right amount of tomato sauce to slop up their garbage with but apparently we can trust them to invent a new quasi-metal to put in our kitchens?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Bag Flying At Noon, (2024)
Yeah

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

it's worth it to see cool sparks tho

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

you can actually put metal in the microwave, except you have to do it vwry carefully

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Remember when iphones were still new and people kept saying that if you got the phone wet you could fix it by drying it out by microwaving it lol

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

you might be surprised to learn in fact that the walls of the chamber are metal

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

OP is using a paper microwave lmao

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

don't trust them OP, not for anything. They don't have your best interests at heart.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

OP is using a paper microwave lmao

op sent me a link of the microwave he's using:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

That's the outside of the microwave you moron, you idiot, you goddamn imbecile

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

op is using a kids microwave toy for babies: confirmed

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

I use a macrowave oven :smug:

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
Remember when you'd go to pier 1 and buy like 6 plates that looked super cool with gold swirls on them for way too much money, then you'd try to microwave something on one and you'd hear the snapping and popping then you take it out of the microwave and see black spots all over the gold swirls.

I miss pier 1. :(

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

I physically cannot put metal in the microwave. A witch cast a curse on me

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I can put metal in my microwave. I'm allowed to do it.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

do it cook a whole godt damng turkey in the mircowave. do it you coward

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

The real reason you shouldn’t microwave fish is because of all the mercury.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

You ever put a bar of Ivory Soap in the microwave, OP?

poo poo’s dope.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

op sent me a link of the microwave he's using:

Teaching children to put a whole chicken in the microwave must be a long game troll by the toy company.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
Spoons are fine because they are too smooth to get arcing. Forks are fine if they are submerged in stuff with enough water, because that is going to be conductive too.

Here's a better thing than metal: Get a few matchheads together and put them in the microwave. Then, very quickly, light the matchheads, close the door, and start it.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

numberoneposter posted:

Teaching children to put a whole chicken in the microwave must be a long game troll by the toy company.

Saalkin posted:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

i just microwaved some metal op, i proved you wrong

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I am a metal monster and every day I put my metal food in my metal microwave. It sparks and makes a horrible noise and show, but I've no better way to prepare my meals. I am cursed, cursed to live the life of the metallic cast-away. One day I hope to surpass this torturous mineral shell, and become something lighter, like wood, or cotton, or even light.

Perhaps then I can enjoy a simple meal, potentially of simpler rocks or books, without creating a destructive show of force that intimidates the local kingdoms.

One day.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
gently caress you I do what I want

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!

Saalkin posted:

My parents had a microwave from the 80s that was about twice as big as a modern microwave and it had an actual “turkey” button, like you would just pop a whole Thanksgiving turkey in there at 11 and enjoy a turkey dinner at noon. Thankfully they never tried this.

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Also put marshmallow peeps in the microwave and watch them inflate.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Put a CD in the microwave sometime if you want to see something cool.

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
Lightbulbs work in the microwave, which is useful if you don't have any lightbulb sockets.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

You sure as poo poo can.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What was that movie where someone puts cans of hairspray or something in the microwave then sets it to 30secs or whatever and then it explodes and completely blows up the building when the timer goes off?

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

One of my friends in high school claimed he had a microwave with a nuclear core and he had to register it with the NRC. Maybe it would have been beefy enough to cook metal.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

MoonshineWilly posted:

One of my friends in high school claimed he had a microwave with a nuclear core and he had to register it with the NRC. Maybe it would have been beefy enough to cook metal.

Woah that kid sounds badass. OP, this kid could easily prove you wrong.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

What was that movie where someone puts cans of hairspray or something in the microwave then sets it to 30secs or whatever and then it explodes and completely blows up the building when the timer goes off?

Batman Returns

But it only explodes if you say meow

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it's not true, op

you definitely can

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

You may be thinking of the movie She Devil starring Roseanne Barr and Meryl Streep

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

my microwave broke. i've just been putting food in a cardboard box for a few minutes and then pretending it's warm.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

MakaVillian posted:

Batman Returns

Roseanne did it first in 1989's She-Devil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9zrMe8Gn1E

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Jabberlock posted:

I physically cannot put metal in the microwave. A witch cast a curse on me

Just spend the 2500 runes on a healing incantation. You have to do it naked tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

You Are A Elf posted:

You ever put a bar of Ivory Soap in the microwave, OP?

poo poo’s dope.

What happens?