Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Angel is cool. Glad he made top 10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

CharlestonJew posted:

I think Kishibe or Cosmo Devil should rate higher than Angel Devil, since I can't remember a single thing Angel Devil actually does in the series, but the rest of the list is basically perfect

I disagree, Angel would rather die than do his job and I find that highly relatable.

https://twitter.com/iztea_/status/1554144396685312004?s=20&t=pfsNi2X5pYb-I-g1-9nAzA

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Angel was gay and lazy and that’s why I love Angel

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

They're real, and they just had another one. Kobeni's car once again placed just above her:

https://twitter.com/CSPerfectShot/status/1555636446370856961

No lies detected.

Though Power could stand to be a little lower.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/csperfectshot/status/1556475867773140992?s=21&t=i5ofnuEL4ZHaQrBhbPXuVg

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Rohan Kishibe posted:

It's strange how Angel's arms never came back. Since he's a devil, shouldn't he be capable to regenerating if he drinks enough blood?

Maybe non-hybrids can’t heal that sort of serious injury, or it takes a long time.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I think the thing that kept the devils from regrowing arms was how when they were removed it wasn't like wounds or anything like that, it was just smooth skin.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
Wtf is it with all the Power haters.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

goblin week posted:

Wtf is it with all the Power haters.

I guess they're just not cat people.

Though personally that's what I love about Power, she says the exact same things my spoiled brat cat would say if he ever bothered to learn English.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Power is the greatest and the strongest and you will respect the first president.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lp18j5dQYg

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Oh drat https://twitter.com/j_everest_/status/1558363718890692608?s=21&t=B3zl71XTtO1bv_YMbTogcw

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Except in the Japanese version Makima uses the same word as Fiend for "devil possession" so

Sam Sanskrit
Mar 18, 2007

And functionally in the story that is literally explaining how fiends work. It’s the comic explaining that there is always something giving away fiends regarding their heads.

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.
I didn't even think this was a debate, it's literally just the same thing that happened to Denji. Fiends boot out the souls to some degree (we know Violence kept some raw personality) while Denji and Asa got to keep their souls to serve purposes the devils alone couldn't achieve (experience hugs and blend in with society.)

Do people think Asa is actually showing scars when Yoru is talking and thus a Fiend?

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Popo posted:

I didn't even think this was a debate, it's literally just the same thing that happened to Denji. Fiends boot out the souls to some degree (we know Violence kept some raw personality) while Denji and Asa got to keep their souls to serve purposes the devils alone couldn't achieve (experience hugs and blend in with society.)

Do people think Asa is actually showing scars when Yoru is talking and thus a Fiend?

When talking to Yoshida, yoru takes over Asas body and he literally says “huh? Those scars…” so yeah

E: to be clear, Yoshida is the one saying this.

Bread Set Jettison fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Aug 14, 2022

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Bread Set Jettison posted:

When talking to Yoshida, yoru takes over Asas body and he literally says “huh? Those scars…” so yeah

I'm pretty sure that's Asa saying that

Popo
Apr 24, 2008

Homestuck is a true work of art surpassing all of Shakespeare's works.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Looking at the page it's kinda weird but I think it's Asa talking because it goes from Yoru talking to Yoshida then "Huh? Those scars..." in ambiguous bubbles then Asa saying "M-my body!" which I read as Asa realising she's essentially outside her body and seeing some manifestation of herself. It's like Fight Club where we get to see Narrator and Tyler to make the conversations easier to follow (and mask the twist in Fight Club). In the same scene Asa and Yoru are is shown facing each other and talking and no one seems to act like it's weird Asa suddenly has a twin with rad scars.

It just feels more believable than her suddenly actually manifesting scars and Yoshida noting that and then just right away going back to casually talking about Chainsaw man. I'll give you the "Those scars" bubbles are ambiguous in isolation.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Yoshida noting the scars and then rolling right on with the conversation makes sense if he's observing Asa and figuring out whether he's got to kill her or recruit her.

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Aug 15, 2022

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Yeah, Yoshida is an actual pro. Him just noting weird supernatural poo poo and filing it away for future reference seems entirely in-character.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Yoshida definitely knew he was talking to a demon, but he also knows enough to know not to freak out about it. Just be chill and go with the flow, that's how he made it out of Part 1 alive.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1013734

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

fujimoto really loves raimi spiderman lol

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Denji solves the trolley problem.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:shepface:

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Goddamn.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

The last page is so good lmao.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

absolutely worth the wait

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
hmbol at "there was a cat there too, dude". peak decision-making.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

manga is something so great

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Chainsaw Man: A boy and his cat

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
THANK YOU. gently caress YOU. THE STAR IS HERE.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
There's like three top-class jokes in this chapter god drat.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Chainsaw Man rules

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

loving, lmao

Get a load of this guy!

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I don't remember him ever having his arm chainsaws put away while his head was a chainsaw in part 1. I guess he has more control over his transformation, which makes sense given what happened with the last battle in part 1.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
Chainsaw Man is so good it’s almost unfair to any other comic on the market.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Haha gently caress that's one way to solve the trolley problem

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
TIL