Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

a bunch of sprouts THAT WON'T EAT FRUIT

what sick game is this promoting plant cannibalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

The Fool posted:

what sick game is this promoting plant cannibalism

lol thats gonna be my new reminder to the first-timers. BE CANNIBALS. EAT THE PLANTS!

(for normal ppl that dont play the anime game: you have a sprout icon in your name till you hit a certain number of hours played and a certain expansion pack)

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

oh i heard a rumor that the prae duty (the above one with 40m of cuts) runs at different speeds depending on your language localization. some guy set his to German which evidently runs so much faster and had one of the bosses to half health by the time the English players got out of the cutscene. oopsie

it used to be if you disconnected and reconnected during one of the long cutscenes you would skip it so people would forcibly do that

thankfully praetorium got split up into a dungeon and trial a few patches ago and its more reasonable now

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
a while back i had a buddy who i'd play a bunch of games with and we'd have a real good time with that and now he plays ff14 and any time i recommend him something else interesting he looks at it for about an hour and goes back to playing ff14

it kinda sucks

ozymandOS
Jun 9, 2004
have you considered playing ff14 with him

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

The Fool posted:

don't advocate self harm

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its that good lol

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

ozymandOS posted:

have you considered playing ff14 with him

i'm already doing chores on my computer interspersed with shitposting and watching videos, except i get paid for it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Sapozhnik posted:

i'm already doing chores on my computer interspersed with shitposting and watching videos, except i get paid for it

become an FF14 streamer then

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
more often than not the sprouts in ff14 are the one who know what the gently caress to do, a lot of non sprout are often people like me doing occasional roulettes and we are like "huh i think i did this dungeon/trial/whatever once 6 month ago" and proceed with loving up everything

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
i'm still really loving last call bbs even if it sometimes takes me 3 hours to realize a solution was far simpler than i thought, which is a good life lesson i suppose

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i started a stellaris game recently after some years off and got bored of it really quickly just waiting for the end game crisis to show up

i guess it's back to rimworld again

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

i got all my ff14 classes to 80 (and later 90 post-endwalker) during my pandemic wfh time, and i ran prae daily for jobs i didn't like playing. i used the cutscenes time to get actual work done lol

i finished all my leveling before the prae/cm changes tho, so i have no idea what they're like now :(

how very glib

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Gnossiennes posted:

i got all my ff14 classes to 80 (and later 90 post-endwalker) during my pandemic wfh time, and i ran prae daily for jobs i didn't like playing. i used the cutscenes time to get actual work done lol

i finished all my leveling before the prae/cm changes tho, so i have no idea what they're like now :(

how very glib

Prae is mostly the same, other than now being 4 man and not needing to beat up ultima/lahabrea so it shaves a good 10 minutes off of it? they also added more modern attack telegraphs

Castrum oriens is the one that got really trimmed down. its a lot different and you dont have to wait for sid's slow rear end to walk across the entire huge map

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

what mmos still exist and have reasonably large player bases these days? ff14, probably wow, maybe eve, maybe elder scrolls online? fallout?

it seems like it used to be that mmos were coming out all the time. im kinda glad they arent any more, i never liked them. i also dont like fortnight type stuff (probably, ive never actually played it) so i guess it doesnt matter much

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i think archeage is still around, not sure about amazon's MMO new world

if warframe and destiny 2 count as MMOs, those as well. could not attest to the population of any of them, however

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

RuneScape, and maybe destiny or warframe?

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

There is probably some Korean one like maplestory or ragnarok online that is still popping off.

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

god i hope not, i lost too much of my ~youth~ to the trash fire of ragnarok online

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Help me out, there was a shooter that came out recently with a really bizarre lo fi aesthetic, but apparently had really intricate systems in it, something squad? Want to give it another look but cannot remember the name for the life of me.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

InternetOfTwinks posted:

Help me out, there was a shooter that came out recently with a really bizarre lo fi aesthetic, but apparently had really intricate systems in it, something squad? Want to give it another look but cannot remember the name for the life of me.

cruelty squad

InternetOfTwinks
Apr 2, 2011

Coming out of my cage and I've been doing just bad
Danke. Looks like a trip.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

huh cult of the lamb supports macintosh

i may get it

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Gnossiennes posted:

god i hope not, i lost too much of my ~youth~ to the trash fire of ragnarok online

i have bad news for your adulthood

Gnossiennes posted:

how very glib

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Roosevelt posted:

i have bad news for your adulthood

lol

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Tenchu de Go!!

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

chollowknights: I found millibelle the banker relaxing in a pool with my money so i beat it back out of that bitch

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Roosevelt posted:

chollowknights: I found millibelle the banker relaxing in a pool with my money so i beat it back out of that bitch
i never trusted her to begin with and found out later her deal lol

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

anyone with the title, "the banker" should not be trusted by default

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

i've been playing vampire survivors. it's a fun, chaotic game but i feel like it would have been better if it was balanced around choosing like 2 weapons instead of 6. maybe it gets different with the cards (haven't gotten there yet) or the hard mode or whatever. but i just feel like i reach a point about 15 minutes in where it doesn't feel like the weapons do anything differently and then it's just 15 minutes of me running around, helpless to change anything. i like the early/mid portion where i have to carefully choose how to approach enemies and groups to make sure i don't get cornered.

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK

Roosevelt posted:

For any replays: If you beat her up while wearing Fragile Greed you get more money back

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Eeyo posted:

i've been playing vampire survivors. it's a fun, chaotic game but i feel like it would have been better if it was balanced around choosing like 2 weapons instead of 6. maybe it gets different with the cards (haven't gotten there yet) or the hard mode or whatever. but i just feel like i reach a point about 15 minutes in where it doesn't feel like the weapons do anything differently and then it's just 15 minutes of me running around, helpless to change anything. i like the early/mid portion where i have to carefully choose how to approach enemies and groups to make sure i don't get cornered.

luck plays a big part, but you want to be picking weapons that you can combine to get an evolved form. you can get multiple evolved weapons and just blast the poo poo out of everything.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

MrQueasy posted:

For any replays: If you beat her up while wearing Fragile Greed you get more money back

i got up to like 10k geo before I got bored and left :/

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
there's visual hints for what weapons and items evolve together now too so that's nice

in VS

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I thought I'd go back to hollow knight and do a bunch of stuff I had never done before and maybe even go for the plat but I became aware of the pantheon of hallownest and gently caress that

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
still playing last call bbs and this poo poo owns hard

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

yo should I play death stranding? I follow kojima on twitter and it mostly seems to be about taking photos from what I can tell

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

it's pretty all right if you like walking sims with a side of angry creatures attacking you, the mail deliverer

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

if you like euro truck sim but wish it was set in a poltergeist blasted hell scape and also had 35 hours of cutscenes heavily featuring monster energy drink, then death stranding may be for you.

it is a good game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Eeyo posted:

i found the key was to do what you're suggesting it should let you do: focus on powering up as few weapons as possible and evolve them if you can. using the dude who starts with an extra projectile also makes it a bit easier early on as you buy the upgrades. i just got my first card so i don't actually know how much they change things