Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
quote="GunHellSling"

The best threads here are where we all get along, but we've been beating around the bush forever on this. I read the deleted post about how it's an unwritten rule, but I've been a Hunter since 2009 and I was reading Lowtracks' Hunter blog in high school before that. So I'm going to say it:

The wikipedia articles for list of cryptids and lists of missing treasure are better than the tvtropes equivalents. Yes they're a bit less "inclusive" or "fun", but the curation creates value by distilling and snapshotting current academic culture

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Gorsh is it squatch season already?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

William Henry Hairytaint collaborates with sasquatches

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

quote="GunHellSing"

thanks for the new avatar, vacousRommyMommy!

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Spends his entire life hunting for something that does not exist, now his ghost is doomed to wander forever searching for something that cannot be found.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Yaldabaoth posted:

Spends his entire life hunting for something that does not exist, now his ghost is doomed to wander forever searching for something that cannot be found.

from my favorite podcast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2fNP4Y1iio

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have a real lead about where to find a bigfoot but I'm not telling till I have proof

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

The Bloop posted:

I have a real lead about where to find a bigfoot but I'm not telling till I have proof

you gotta livepost that man! try twitch or youtube streaming, looks easy

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker
Hey fellow hunters I fuond this rock out in the woods outside my Property pretty sure that a Bigfoot Stepped on it from the marks/imprants. Also my Wife heard a loud noise at the Time that sounded like a Bigfoot to her. We have heard Bigfoot many times around this Neck of the woods so we are both familar with what He sounds Like. My son thinks it was a Big Moose that Did it though. Not sure what to Think so I took a Picture with my phone. What do you guys think Moose or Bigfoot? I am Leaning toward Bigfoot but my son keeps saying Moose now I am not so Sure.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

The Bloop posted:

William Henry Hairytaint knows

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008
wandering into the woods naked and lubed up, by god i'm gonna catch me a squatch one way or another

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Anyone have any luck finding cryptids willing to clap cheeks? Asking for a friend

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

send bigfeet pics

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Smugworth posted:

William Henry Hairytaint collaborates with sasquatches

Smugworth has a plush Nessie with a vagina and he fucks it. A lot.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Pitdragon posted:

Hey fellow hunters I fuond this rock out in the woods outside my Property pretty sure that a Bigfoot Stepped on it from the marks/imprants. Also my Wife heard a loud noise at the Time that sounded like a Bigfoot to her. We have heard Bigfoot many times around this Neck of the woods so we are both familar with what He sounds Like. My son thinks it was a Big Moose that Did it though. Not sure what to Think so I took a Picture with my phone. What do you guys think Moose or Bigfoot? I am Leaning toward Bigfoot but my son keeps saying Moose now I am not so Sure.

cool, didn't know Bigfoots lived in Germany! what are the big local cryptids over there? like the Jersey Devil and the natives' Wendigo here

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Nessie isn't even real! It's just a big hoax to discredit Ogopogo

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

the holy poopacy posted:

Nessie isn't even real! It's just a big hoax to discredit Ogopogo

It's good she's not real because Smugworth would gently caress her

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

It's good she's not real because Smugworth would gently caress her

Smugworth is a pretty out-there artist but he's not a creep, dude. we loved those hilarious giant squid/woman swallowing videos he made for the Flash Porthole, and loving Lowtracks even put him up in his garden shed. I trust him if he trusts him

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i ran out of water in the woods so i'm going to drink my pee

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Buce posted:

William Henry Hairytaint does this every day don't worry

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Buce posted:

what happens when you run out of pee in the woods?

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Tree Bucket posted:

what happens when you run out of pee in the woods?

depends on if there're elixirs/potions in the cave/tomb you're searching for

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Hey guys I’m taking commissions again.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Hey guys I’m taking commissions again.

don't dox Smugworth

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I'm just glad they made it illegal to shoot squatch in the PNW, everyone who wanted to plug that critter full of lead needs Jesus.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Analytic Engine posted:

Smugworth is a pretty out-there artist but he's not a creep, dude. we loved those hilarious giant squid/woman swallowing videos he made for the Flash Porthole, and loving Lowtracks even put him up in his garden shed. I trust him if he trusts him

apologies Smugworth, I confused you with Schmorgthy for a sec

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Bien Hecho!

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i seent em

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

I've been hunting the cryptid known only as "ted cruz" but he's proven difficult to track. Every time I get close he flies off to cancun to avoid capture

Padical
Nov 29, 2004
I have some new theories about how the park rangers are actually a secret organization meant to keep us from being massacred and wiped out by skin walkers.

Also check out my new tik tok (link below) where I analyze a video give expert sounding advice about skin walkers and other cryptids.

Also I have like 10 million tik tok followers, lmao.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
The Equipment Forum is the busiest, many threads about what metal detectors to buy, where

How to fix them

Another busy one is PYH (post your haul)

Embarrassingly full of muddy piles of quarters

Trolls post rings n poo poo to be superstars

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Does anyone have the :filez: for that sick treasure hunter G de-make done in unity? The dev had strong words on twitter (maybe she's ex-hunter lol) but couldn't afford to fight squaresoft's DMCA in court. Maybe someone should start a gofundme?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ugh you guys I just thought of something. What if.. what if sasquatches are dazzling us with magical forest gems, and that’s why we never see them? Maybe they aren’t even exclusive to the forest. Maybe there are squatch in the business world, in media, in politics, in urban sprawls and intellectual circles, supervising factories in China? Maybe we need to set up squatchin stations in the city, in the park, in concert halls and restaurants. Maybe squatchin ain’t just for the woods. Maybe they’ve been in our hearts all along and they will reveal themselves as the gentle lightbearers and guardians of the world. I thought up all this on my own right after the op said it. :hmmyes:

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Ugh you guys I just thought of something. What if.. what if sasquatches are dazzling us with magical forest gems, and that’s why we never see them? Maybe they aren’t even exclusive to the forest. Maybe there are squatch in the business world, in media, in politics, in urban sprawls and intellectual circles, supervising factories in China? Maybe we need to set up squatchin stations in the city, in the park, in concert halls and restaurants. Maybe squatchin ain’t just for the woods. Maybe they’ve been in our hearts all along and they will reveal themselves as the gentle lightbearers and guardians of the world. I thought up all this on my own right after the op said it. :hmmyes:

this moment is going down in Treasuredex wiki

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Guys, great news, I've been posting on the socials about getting into crypto (it sounds cooler if you shorten it down from cryptozoology) and some of my old highschool acquaintances have been really encouraging. Turns out they're into it as well! Although they all seem to be big elon musk fans for some reason

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Tree Bucket posted:

Guys, great news, I've been posting on the socials about getting into crypto (it sounds cooler if you shorten it down from cryptozoology) and some of my old highschool acquaintances have been really encouraging. Turns out they're into it as well! Although they all seem to be big elon musk fans for some reason

some kind of rare hairless sasquatch???

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

Watsonian vs Doylist explanation of flotsam vs jetsam laws pertaining to the eurotrash German count dude stealing the Nazi-stolen paintings in that Indie/Laura level archeology-adventurer episode of Simpsons, The Flying Hellfish

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
bigfoot mythos can be attributed to jungian archetypical genetic baggage from our shared coexistance with neanderthals

they were actually much more peaceful than us according to their use of tools

this helped us wipe them all out. it was also really easy to breed wolves that were "racist" against neanderthals and would kill them on site

some of them still exist and even worked their way into elite society eg. ron perlman and harry henderson

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU0tio7WZtE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

the holy poopacy posted:

some kind of rare hairless sasquatch???

A baby Ningen. Little is known about them because they are a recent discovery, but this suggests they live among us until they grow too vast to fit in and descend into the water.